It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Mars Phoenix pop a spring, lose a screw or what?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
LOL has anyone noticed that you remove the w from there web link fawkes1.lpl.arizona.edu... you get fakes1 LOL

I dont know how i got this link. its not the normal Mars Phoenix link that i get from google which is phoenix.lpl.arizona.edu... check it out...

openfuelresource.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Nasa says it's a spring,which solves the riddle for us.
I distorted the pic to show how many faces surround the spring.Half of them I had to darken out too much so you just see outlines. Since the faces MOVE they get blurred out. Thankfully life seems healthy and abundant there. These are all serpentine as best I can tell. Most of the other Phoenix pics offer so little res ,size and detail,that I imagine I'm seeing less than one tenth of what's actually there. I'm glad that nasa solved the riddle of the spring.Now I can sleep.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Update

Days ago, i emailed Lunar and Planetary Laboratory:

here's their reply:

Hello,
The object is most likely a spring from the biobarrier on the Robotic Arm.

See:

phoenix.lpl.arizona.edu...

Regards,
--

phoenix.lpl.arizona.edu...

[edit on 9/6/2008 by internos]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Unfortunately,as far as I know they don't have a microphone on board. That would be very great to have because there's life there which probably makes sound because they have mouths.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

I think that “thing” is not biobarrier of the Robotic Arm. The explanation is too simple. The image must be analyzed in its context.
See my web page anomaliasemmarte.no.sapo.pt...

José Garrido

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

It appears more like tubing with a 6-sided head that a wrench can tighten. Look at the head closer, it's not round.
ALSO, there are some repeat images from previous days. Did you all notice the one that looks like a hollow pottery head that has been broken?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I sent NASA a email last Saturday requested technical info on their cameras abroad phoenix and asked them if they could identified the image seen in lg_1043, lg_1044.jpg and then that come out and say its only a spring.... that much had been one heavy spring or it must have some awesome force on it when it released to have dug that deep into the soil. I think we have our first official mars phoenix cover up.

openfuelresource.com...

[edit on 12-6-2008 by scorpio9gm]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Its a spring thats too bad but it was the most likely culprit..

Here it is identified as a spring

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

The Spring has Sprung

After 21 days on mars Sol 21, NASA has finally posted the definitive picture showing us that this is simply a spring and now I can identify it for myself as a compression spring. I believe that it is still a bit of a mystery why it buried its self so deeply in the soil considering that they have had some clumping issues with the soil but this may be easily explained with a drying effect of the descent rockets or their dusting the surface as the lander descended. I believe that 21 days is a bit long to finally post a good clear image of this, and I'm still a bit puzzled as to why the they used such a poor resolution on 6-09-2008 Sol 15.

Click for full article and Images openfuelresource.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by black_suburbans
-everyone with 5mpixel cellphones
-nasa cameras are the size of small suitcases and have 1024x1024 B&W resolution

anyone buying this BS? There shouldn't be a single fuzzy tiny picture anywhere. To think with our technology even in consumer products and were relegated to 1024 res cameras on these probes is downright laughable. I'm quite sick of all the nasa BS and them keeping everyone in the dark.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by black_suburbans]

Bandwidth m8ey,
take a lot to send these images back to earth, gotta have some restrictions.
And btw, its a spring, look at the image, its a spring, no doubt.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by scorpio9gm

I have talked to the guys at JPL. that is definitely a spring that fell of the craft. On of the baffle springs, thats why the baffles on the sample ports will not open all the way to take in the samples. i heard that the baffles are full of dirt now that they were trying to jam dirt in hoping that some will get through to sample.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by sos37

It appears more like tubing with a 6-sided head that a wrench can tighten. Look at the head closer, it's not round.
ALSO, there are some repeat images from previous days. Did you all notice the one that looks like a hollow pottery head that has been broken?
Funny you are the only one besides me to see the FACE the lander is parked over top of. It looks like a MASK,yet smoothed ,I'm sure,by nasa masking team to look smoothe,without more distinct features.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
It's of Earthly origin don't wet your pants peeps.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seaman_Richie
It's of Earthly origin don't wet your pants peeps.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I guess these were Earthly origin too ? I see faces most call rocks. Go deeper,not shallow.
Fathom?

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GrayFox

it's a spring! Try looking at it without looking for something...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join