It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Haarp used with hurricane katrina?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I've been reading about haarp. I've been wondering about the possibility of them having used haarp to cause hurricane katrina as a test and then they would use that technology on other parts of the world like China, or Taiwan, or the middle east, where they could create earth quakes, hurricanes, or tornados to cool civil unrest. Could the haarp technology possibly have military and diplomatic applications such as this?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
It is theorized that haarp is used for weather modification, and if thats true, then we'd have to assume it was capable of making hurricanes and such before we could say haarp could be applied for this.

As far as I know, haarp consists of huge electric dipole antenna arrays that just pump out large amounts of radio freq radiation... I'm sure it interacts with the ionosphere, but who knows what else it can do...

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
strange you should say that... ive been wondering if the gorverment can make there own wearther or have "earthquake bombs" theres been alot of earthquakes within the last month and as you prob know the one in the uk in feb '08 which was felt nearly all over the uk and even in holland
www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk... 6799

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

"..could the haarp technology possibly have military and diplomatic applications such as this?"

..Yes, I see it as another tool of America spreading its form of 'democracy' on the world

(Sarcasm btw)

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I seriously doubt Katrina was a testing ground for HAARP. And the only reason I say this is because I'm from Mobile, an area largely affected by Hurricane Katrina, neighboring Mississippi and Florida. Hurricanes are not uncommon down here. In fact, Katrina was not the worst hurrican we've ever seen. The WORST hurricane that has ever come through, in my opinion was hurricane Frederick in 1979. I was not alive through it, but my mother was. She claims it was much worse than Katrina. So, my opinion is, why all of a sudden is Hurricane Katrina conisdered a product of HAARP, when we've been getting hit by deadly hurricanes for decades? Again, just my perspective.

EDIT: I will agree though, that the main reason Hurricane Katrina was considered so bad was because it broke the levies in New Orleans, but I think that was something that was just waiting to happen. I mean, when you have a whole city below sea levell, when the only thing protecting it IS the levies, then its just an accident waiting to happen.

[edit on 6/1/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Okay, so, even if HAARP wasn't used to cause hurricane Katrina it is possible that the military could use it for their own covert psy-ops against the enemy to quell civil unrest around the world? I'm pretty sure not only could the government create their own earthquakes but they could also create their own hurricanes, tsunamis, or their own tornadoes around certain areas with this technology.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
no but the Tsunami would be!

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Weather manipulation has been practiced for decades by simply seeding clouds. I’ve no doubt that technological advances have been made in this area, but whether HAARP is used for this purpose or not we can’t know for sure. If weather manipulation didn’t exist, we would not have treaties about it.

www.sourcewatch.org...

As to whether Katrina was a manipulated storm or not it’s impossible to be sure, but the results of the storm, particularly the fact the storm was over when the levies gave way (or were blown), and the strange star shape in the storms eye certainly make me suspicious. I can’t seem to find that famous picture of the five pointed star in Katrina’s eye now. Anybody know where I can find that?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I found an image would this be it?

Eye like a 5 point star

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by resistor

Yes, that is another important fact about hurricane katrina. thanks for mentioning it. The storm was over when the levies gave way. i think that would be worth more looking into than the storm itself if one wants to talk conspiracy.

And to BigC that picture you linked right above is hurricane isabella...not katrina.

[edit on 6/2/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I didn't realise what hurricane that was but thanks for pointing it out. Maybe that puts an end to the 'five point star' theme about katrina if it has been noted on others, namely isobella, it mustnt be anything abnormal.

new topics

top topics

join