It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG Obama!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
After reading a few Obama hating rants on ATS, I decided to jump in and express my view.

I know why so many of you dislike him and his followers so much.

You are AFRAID

Some are afraid of the color of his skin, some fear he might be a muslim in disguise and some are afraid of change.
Let's face it, if Obama had a whiter skin and name, I think many of those hating him would actually listen to what he has to say.
To those who are afraid of his policies or simply don't trust him to lead our country: look at the alternative!

John McCain
If it isn't obvious that he is the same as G.Bush, I wonder where you have been the past 8 years. He is more of the same Neo-conism which has ruined America's image and economy for the benefit of corporate giants. And I thought people here on ATS would know better than that. Many speak up against NWO and slam police states and the stripping of human rights but yet go on to vote for a guy supported by Bush...*rolls eyes*
And think about the war in Iraq, do you really want your sons and daughters to pay the heavy price over there? Iraq is a mess, I wouldn't send my worst enemy there. You don't believe me, head over to Liveleak and watch some Iraq videos for yourself.

Obama supporters reflect the view of the vast majority of people in America who had enough. Obama is similar to Ron Paul (another man I admire) in many ways or at least closer to him than McCain.
That's all, forget about your prejudices and listen to the message, then listen to your heart and you will find the answer.

Of course their are those who wouldn't vote for him because of race or his middle name no matter what, there is nothing that will change them, not even the bible. This message is for all the undecided, please do not listen to the false rumours, take the time to research about who you are going to vote for - in the end it's our freedoms that are at stake.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by TheOracle]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
You are AFRAID

Some are afraid of the color of his skin, some fear he might be a muslim in disguise and some are afraid of change.
Let's face it, if Obama had a whiter skin and name, I think many of those hating him would actually listen to what he has to say.
To those who are afraid of his policies or simply don't trust him to lead our country: look at the alternative!

People who oppose Obama actually have good reasons, such as Obama's lack of experience, Obama's corrupt connections, Obama's 20 year connection to a racist church, Obama's hypocrisy, etc.

You are accusing Obama's opponents as racists. In actuality, you should label people who oppose Obama as heretics because they are not going to follow your Obama cult and don't view Obama as the messiah.

If you want to say something to promote your guy, go for it. Tell us some of his positions and convince us blind sheep why we should follow Obama's message.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by wutone

Same old, same old, isn't it?

No, we don't disagree with Obama's policies, we're just closet racists. That's gotta be it.

This little racism accusation routine from the Obama supporters was old and tired months ago.

But they're right. I AM afraid of one thing, and that's the Obamamessiah cult that has been springing up around him. That frightens me a whole lot more than the man himself does or even his policies do. So keep up the good work, I say. They're alienating a good number of people away from supporting him.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Obama will win. I knew it from the moment I first saw him hint that he may/may not run for president. I don't follow politics closely, I don't know much about his past but I'm sure as the sun comes up he will win. Just a really strange gut feeling....

If I'm wrong, drinks are on me.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

I do not doubt that for some people that your assumptions are true, but not in my case, I have plently of reasons without ever touching the race or 'change' issue. Just wanted to say that , with all due respect, you are generalizing what others are thinking.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
here we go again with the "if you don't like obama you are racist" speach.
please, that is such a cop out, I personally like the guy BUT NOT FOR PRESIDENT.
electing this guy simply because if we didn't we would be considered racist (and this OP obviously shows you that this is what would happen) would be the biggest mistake we can make.

don't let them sway your vote by being scared to be calleda racist! you know you aren't that is all that matters.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I was rooting for Obama until I learned more about him.

My change of heart has nothing to do with his father's race, his name, or baseless islamic conspiracy ideas.

I base my change on his words and actions. I am not easily swayed by charisma or inspiring leaders. I am swayed by a person's history of words and actions though. In other words I don't judge books by their covers. I am not wowed by special effects. I need substance.

Based on that view I dont care for any of the candidates.

I think Clinton has the best chance of winning a National Election (even as an independent), but I am not a Clinton supporter. She has a shadowy past but much of it is alleged. She's clearly a real politican, ambitious, and confident.

McCain is a lame duck and has does things in his past that make him reprehensible in my view.

Obama is Charismatic even inspiring. After the Iowa primary I really liked the guy. Then after the Wright fiasco I thought he may have some very dangerous private views, being a closet racist. Now I'm not so sure, but I'm positive he's married to one and has used the race card to propel himself higher. I have come to the conclusion that Obama is very charismatic, intelligent, and shrewd. He's one who uses rules, laws, and regulations to his advantage. He is an archetypal lawyer. He does not play or fight fair. He looks for loop holes and vague wording. He is a master of twisting words and ideas.

This makes him very dangerous. We have never been faced with a potential president who has this level of genius, charisma, and shrewd ambition all in one. He is a master manipulator who makes most other politcians look like amateurs. This is a man who could possibly do what ever he wants and get away with it. People with his level of charisma can really do no wrong in the eyes of their herd. This is a man who could bring real tyranny, not the conspiratorial crap connected to Bush, but real out in the open Totalitarianism.

Lastly and the most important reason for me. Based on many of his words and actions, This is the man who could take us to war against Israel. If you thought Bush and Iraq were bad. Just wait. And if we are at war with Israel, what do you think happens to the Jews in America? That for me is enough to say I will never support Obama.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

After reading a few Obama hating rants on ATS, I decided to jump in and express my view.

I know why so many of you dislike him and his followers so much.

You are AFRAID

Let's face it. You haven't expressed a single policy issue that has caused you to support Obama instead of Clinton. Just name one policy of Obama's that swayed you to his side.

Honest to God, the level of condescension and arrogance in your post is stunning. Your implication is that if s person doesn't like Obama he or she must be a bigot. Nice.

Do you even read what you write before you hit the "Post" button?

Here's why I don't think Obama would make a worthy POTUS:

1. He wants to disarm the U.S. military and cut back development of new weapons.

2. He wants to give $50 billion a year to Africa instead of using it to rebuild U.S. infrastructure.

3. He wants to implement a federally controlled U.S. health care system.

4. He wants to immediately pull out troops from Iraq which will lead to anarchy, and will undo the progress that's been made, as well as open up Iraq to be controlled by the Shiite Iranian government.

5. He wants to move forward with a mandatory cap and trade carbon emission program. This is nothing more than a tax that will devastate U.S. industry by placing U.S. companies at an insurmountable competitive disadvantage, AND will do nothing to save the the world from the fabricated crisis.

6. He will appoint liberal Supreme Court justices who will not interpret the Constitution, but instead will use their position on the Supreme Court to institute their liberal agenda.

7. He will err on the side of appeasing foreign countries, and not just our enemies. He is more concerned with the global community that U.S. interests.

8. He has chosen a peer group of people who hate America. I am concerned that this will cause Obama to lean towards anti-U.S. policies such as eliminating our space-based missile defense system.

Now tell me, which of the above has anything to do with race?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Lastly and the most important reason for me. Based on many of his words and actions, This is the man who could take us to war against Israel

This is a new one for me. Can you elaborate on this? What has he done or said that would make you think he wants to go to war with Israel?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Afraid?

Yes, I'm very afraid.

I am afraid that the failures of the Bush administration have caused the people of this nation to lose their faith in a free market society. I'm afraid they are all being duped into exchanging their freedom for an illusion of social and economic equality. I'm afraid that the people of this once great nation are taking the bait ... hook, line, and sinker.

I'm afraid that what we once knew as the USA will start to look more like a shadow of the USSR under the rule of Barak Obama.

It has NOTHING to do with his skin color. It has NOTHING to do with his middle name.

It has everything to do with the fact I do not trust his policies or his agenda.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

He has no concern for Israel's security and has associated with persons who are hostile to Israel.

I dont think he will be asking to go to war. More than likely it will be a reaction to the mideast peace process.

Consider this right now in Israel,

Israeli poll finds Netanyahu would win elections

JERUSALEM: Hardliner Benjamin Netanyahu would win national elections if a new corruption probe topples Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, according to a poll published Friday.

www.iht.com...

Netanyahu would be very unsupportive if not hostile to Obama as President. The mideast "peace" process will collapse. Obama will blame Israel and demonize Netanyahu, especially as the IDF begin operations to preserve Israeli security. It will be Kosovo all over again.

Obama will claim that he has no other choice, that he is being forced. That Israel has nuclear weapons, is a rogue state, and is committing ethnic cleansing. He'll take his case before the UN and would get thunderous approval from the world to build a coalition to crush the Jewish State.

If you think this is impossible, one needs to examine his words and actions in relation to Israel and the Mid East peace process.

But dont take my word for it. There are academics who feel the same.

Barry Rubin, a well-known and respected Mideast expert and academic, told an audience today at a conference at the Begin-Sadat Center for Strategic Studies (BESA) at Bar-Ilan University here that an Obama victory would precipitate "the most dangerous crisis facing the world."

"If elected, he will be the most anti-Israel president in American history," asserted Rubin, who is director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center at IDC, the Interdisciplinary Center of Herzliya, and editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal.

blog.thejewishweek.com...

[edit on 1/6/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Israel has so many ties to our government that it would take a lot more than Obama saying that they are a rouge state to generate any sort of momentum against them. I guess I can kind of see what you are getting at, but you are painting some scenarios that I just don't think would be possible.

You are right though, if our relationship with Israel is your top concern, then McCain would appear to be the better candidate for you. I don't see the opposites being quite as polar as you though. I see it more like, McCain continuing to give Israel unwaivering support while Obama has a better chance of reducing support for them.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I do not like McCain.

Israel is not my top priority, but if we stab Israel in the back then I'm pretty sure Jews and Zionists would be targeted as well.

I guess people dont read to much history, but Germany before the Nazis was thought to be the most safe and progressive place for Jews in the world. Many Jews felt at home. How quickly things can change.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
The main reason I wouldn't vote for Obama, McCain or Clinton (if I was a U.S. citizen) would be because of their connections to the International Bankers and other elites who only have their own interests at heart and not that of the common people.

Obama, just as Clinton or McCain will not work for the best interest of the common people if any of them get elected.

Very simple.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
See, too many here speak about their fears. The politics of fear is very much a neo-con trademark and everybody here falling for it.
Obama is the only candidate talking about Hope.

This administration has DESTROYED America's image, taken away so many rights, slowly installing a police state, a recession oil prices are going through the roof and the dollar is plunging and yet you want continuation just because Obama scares you? Really I am trying hard but I don't understand.

Some pointed out his lack of "experience". Bush had some sort of experience, did it make him a good leader? Do you think the democrats would even allow Obama to have run this far if they didn't think he could do the job? Not to mention that many of his views on foreign policy were right.

It's also the first time in my entire life that I hear people complaining how charismatic a candidate is. I thought people want outspoken charismatic who stands for his beliefs while respecting the will of the people who elected him. Why does it scare you? You prefer a silent dodgy leader a la Dick Cheney?

About his policies, I know some may not agree with all. Can't please everyone but I look at McCain and I see perpetual war. Obama would save numerous lives by calling the troops back home. A single life saved is worth voting for him.
Pulling from Iraq is a good thing for America, Iraq and the world. The more we stay there, the more the middle east and world hates us, the more terrorists. It is time to leave and reconciliate with the world and move forward. And it's for the Oil, I am sure the USA would get a better deal by leaving, because right now it's difficult even to get petrol out of the country.

In november there will be 2 camps, those with hopes and those with fears.

Peace!

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Israel is a different issue. Obama is anti israel but I think he'd do a bit more for the palestinian people and try to resolve this issue once and for all.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Israel is a different issue. Obama is anti israel but I think he'd do a bit more for the palestinian people and try to resolve this issue once and for all.

"Anti Israel" and "once and for all"? Thats exactly why Israeli academics fear Obama and why Netanyahu would be hostile with him. They do not want Kosovo the sequel.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   

This administration has DESTROYED America's image, taken away so many rights, slowly installing a police state, a recession oil prices are going through the roof and the dollar is plunging and yet you want continuation just because Obama scares you? Really I am trying hard but I don't understand.

Well then, understand this ---

America's Image:

America only had friends to begin with that used America in the first place. Only the true friends of America are still there, and always were. Those that weren't really friends, or rather, posing as spies and using America, are no longer pro-America. Most of what was pro-America is still pro-America. You're buying into that bleeding heart crap "Please like me, you can use me, but please like me afterwards too. It is so important that you like me"

Your rights:

Your boy Obama voted for the Patriot Act 5 times!! Basically, this is the only act to take away some rights, and on a somewhat nominal scale at that. Tell us right now what rights you don't have that you had before? I bet you can't. Granted, Obama is for NWO and that will take more rights away then any government now ever could.

Oil prices:

The rise in Oil prices is mainly due to China's economy, built up by namely the trade deficit with Walmart as the driving catalyst. You can't expect 1 billion Chinese people to have the same quality of life as you do. The strain on the world economy and that of Oil are too great and increasing.

Declining Dollar:

The dollar is in decline because of 9/11, Code Red, and other economic attacks on the US that caused almost two Trillion$ in damages. Not to mention, natural disasters. These things combined are economy show-stoppers. Higher Oil prices are killing the American economy too.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Look if you don’t like Obama because of his policies, veiwpoints or experience, that’s fine, the majority of us Obama supporters are not going to judge you if thats the reason. If your how ever one of those angry people who post threads making personal attacks to Obama and his supporters and using “hearsay” as your evidence, then the accusation of racism or some sort of prejudice is a fair enough argument.

You seen the rise in Obama hate threads lately? Hardly any of them are about his policies, veiwpoints (unless its hearsay) or his "in-experience" so your damn straight I’m going to accuse people of being racist or prejudice or bias for that matter and who would'nt?

These little meetings between pro-bush members to post up various threads at once really doesn’t make ATS look good, most new members and visitors come here to have an adult debate and for the most part all they see is hate threads and rumors mostly only about one candidate, it really strips credibility to the ATS forums and members and its pathetic, it really is.

yes it is in their right to post hate threads, I cant stop them, but my point here is that Oracle is right when he/she says "do not listen to the false rumors, take the time to research about who you are going to vote for" and I really agree with this message. It doesn’t matter whether it be McCain or Obama, vote for somebody for their policies and viewpoints, not because of some rumor or propaganda thread you just read. America ended up with a president with the lowest approval rating in American history because people voted believing in such garbage.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
My view of Obama (and Clinton for that matter) can be summed up with this video:

[edit on 6/1/2008 by SonicInfinity]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join