It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jailed for Protesting Gitmo: 34 Convicted for Demonstrations Outside Supreme Court

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Maya432

you preach "freedom of speech" and take it too literally, so...

1.) I want you to read the article i posted above and comment on it Please

2.) I want you to tell me: What about the people who have their rights tread upon so some racist yokel, or some tyranical leader, can practice "freedom of speech"? Do their rights not count?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ybab hsur

Great post and awesome link!

Thank you for putting it up.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Here is a site that posted the protest the day it happened...

Tennessee Guerilla Women

And a video...

This is the website of the group that participated in the protest:
Witness Against Torture

[edit on 1-6-2008 by yankeerose]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I read the article and I didn't see anywhere where it stated what there sentence is, if they are going to jail, of just fined, and why didn't they hire lawyers?

This should all be public record so who were the 34 people?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The] right to protest in America.

No to be seen, not to be heard and not to be in existence, to become transparet

As not to be in any way whatsoever disrupting the rest of the population during their business as usual.

I will have to add that the reason for public protest is indeed a way to disrupt everyday business as to create attention.

But in America that is unlawful, so then again why should people even dare to brake the law? because is our constitutional right.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ybab hsur
reply to post by Maya432

you preach "freedom of speech" and take it too literally, so...

1.) I want you to read the article i posted above and comment on it Please

2.) I want you to tell me: What about the people who have their rights tread upon so some racist yokel, or some tyranical leader, can practice "freedom of speech"? Do their rights not count?

What kinda half ass backwards double speak was that supposed to be?

I can`t even begin to answer to your questions. makes no sense sir..and
besides, I`m not here to debate you..
I`m here to make STATEMENTS.
just like my so -called freedom of speech will thus far allow.

freedom of speech can NEVER be taken TOO LITERALLY.
If i wanna say that so and so is a big fat ugly cow, well then I should be
allowed.(i wouldn`t do that, but I should be allowed to if I want).

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
I'm pretty sure that there are laws against protesting on the SC steps, but this is a much lesser problem than what I had originally thought they'd done. Still, if there are laws against it, they should've been aware of that. I'm not in favor of any jail time or anything like that, however.

Hmm so we must know all the laws of free speech. We much do all the research hey where can we protest or not. Its notions like this that make me laugh and I know this isnt you Vor but a lot of people think this way oh they must know what and where they can say in free speech to have free speech. This disgusts me and I hope lawsuits fly.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Maya432

at no point in that incoherent response did anything you say make sense.

Obviously you didnt read the article. If you want, i can have someone record themselves reading it, and email you the record....will that help?

Until you can read the article, you'll never understand that your arguments carry no clout.

Oh, and by the way, don't violate the terms of services with the ATS boards. Using 'curse'words in a malicious way is no way to carry out a debate. Dont hate me because im right, and dont hate yourself because you're wrong.

Because if it werent for people being wrong in this world, people like me would have nothing to do to make sure they stand corrected.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by ybab hsur]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The man wearing orange in this first image was taken, unarmed, from a car in Afghanistan. Over the course of five years he was tortured and sent to Gitmo. He was finally released without charge. A companion who was taken with him was not so lucky. The companion was tortured to death within a few days, at Bagram.

The intelligence which motivated their capture was provided by terrorists operating in Afghanistan.

[edit on 6/1/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

The people in these pictures lost the lives of their loved ones on a day when terrorist punks, associated with the afformentioned posters examples, decided to fly airline jets into the twin towers "World Trade Center"

Many more can be found here

So, what I AM telling you is that i think of the victims. I say you do whatever it takes to make sure another 9/11 happens to innocent people, ANYWHERE, especially our own country.

Remember the victims of tyrany and terror. Wouldnt you want to be remmebered if your life had been stripped from you that morning?

It makes me sick with liberal yupp's stick up for the "rights" of criminal radicals, especially when those radicals are part of the problem, and never the solution (radical muslim movements, anybody?)

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Did you read this excerpt?

Historian Michael S. Foley, a professor at the City University of New York, teaches the U.S. Constitution to undergraduates. He testified that if "you told me that the defendants would be arrested for 'unlawful free speech' just twenty feet from where the Justices decide First Amendment cases, I'd say you were 'crazy.'"

I died a little inside when I read this.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Pray to the winds.

America has fallen.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Fine, take all the administration and the many hundreds of others all involved in the attack you speak of, put THEM in Gitmo, and then the people protesting might go home.

Your argument relies on a shaky premise, i.e. that the official conspiracy theory put forth by the 9/11 Commission has any validity at all.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

First off, the fact that terrorists didn't fly jets into the WTC on September 11th, 2001 totally destroys any arguement that you were trying to make here. I just wanted to get that out of the way before I continued with the rest of my post. The reason I make this statement is because it is backed by many prominent scientists and pilots who say that it is not possible for a Boeing aircraft to fly at that speed and at those altitudes!! I would watch John Lear's recent interview on Project Camelot and listen to what he has to say about 9/11. I would trust a pilots' opinion, the ones who actually fly the aircraft, over politically and financially motivated politicians!!

As for the picture you posted, the sorrow that myself and the rest of the world feels for those families and the victims is exactly the reason why there was even an investigation of the attacks in the first place, something the Bush administration repeatedly blocked for months until they gave in to pressure from people like the women in that photo!! Did you even watch their documentary, 9/11 Press for Truth!!?? Maybe you should watch that and then come back to us and tell us the victims families were vindicated or that the attacks are justification for TORTURE around the world!! I think you will see it's NOT!!

To expand upon this arguement supporting torture, if you do any research on this you will find that the reasons used by our gov't to justify this ILLEGAL torture are the same ones used by the Nazi's to justify their attrocities!! It's the same for any Superpower! Protecting the homeland and the people, Preventing further attacks on our homeland, bringing the fight to them, etc, etc.....all propaganda, all garbage!!

How are we any different from the terrorists when we go out and commit acts of terrorism against other countries; bombing their cities, illegally torturing people we "suspect" of committing terrorism against us. By the literal US definition of terrorism stated in many US documents like the US Army manual, we are one of the leading terrorist states in the world!! This opinion is shared by millions of people across the world as well as the US, not just the far left, so please spare us your "liberal hippy" nonsense because it has no bearing on this topic....it's more or less a cop-out by those without the proper understanding of the facts. I would rather be called a "peace promoter" than anything else but who needs peace when we can just bomb third world countries into glass while big corporations profit from arms dealing!! Third world countries that are NO threat to our National Security whatsoever!!

There is more I could say, but I think I'll wait for your response. PM me if you like, I'd be more than happy to provide you with other media to enhance my arguement.

Purduegrad05

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Purduegrad05

LOL

yeah, those planes didnt fly into the buildings

i wasnt setting in my office watching it live on TV when the second one hit.

That must be the new digital editing software, right? They cast those buildings against a green screen, and edited in the explosions and airplanes in real-time?

Did they also hire David Copperfield to make the buildings and people disappear?

Anyone who claims 9/11 was an inside job has no reason to be in a political forum. You go back to your conspiracy forums. They might have some inkling of respect for you there.

Even level-headed liberals (cough - oxymoron - cough) in here could agree with me that you're wrong about it being an inside job.

edit: Nice Archon avatar (i love starcraft)

[edit on 2-6-2008 by ybab hsur]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ybab hsur
reply to post by Purduegrad05

Anyone who claims 9/11 was an inside job has no reason to be in a political forum. You go back to your conspiracy forums. They might have some inkling of respect for you there.

Even level-headed liberals (cough - oxymoron - cough) in here could agree with me that you're wrong about it being an inside job.

Just so you know, this is Above Top Secret forums. It is a conspiracy-oriented website. In fact I believe there is a whole section on 9/11, if you want to look in there.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

well here you are on another thread again calling liberals derogatory names. just can't help yourself, but you do seem to enjoy it.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ionized

I do know this, and thats exactly what i just said by saying "go back to your conspiracy forums"

wow..maybe you should read what i typed before you hit the "quote" button next time buddy.

And JimmyX, hi! How are ya? Your'e right, i do take pleasure in disceting the ignorance of large masses of people. I love to educate and open people's eyes. There's nothing watching a persons expression when they finally "get it"

Its the drug im addicted to.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Throw the protestors into GITMO and let them learn first hand how well our military behaves and how badly the Muslims misbehave... call it a reality lesson.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join