It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STS-124 Shuttle Mission, Streaming Video and updates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
You that know me, know that I'm fascinated with Space Missions because I think our best chance to catch or see a "UFO" will be from the feeds we get from NASA and the ESA (and possibly the new Japanese Space Agency). Well just as in the STS-123 Shuttle Mission, I'm keeping a close eye on this mission STS-124 for hopefully seeing some type of anomalies.

It is my hope that we can then attempt to post any and all captures on this thread and have a universal catalog of what those that are watching document. I'm posting some of the links that I have found so far and of course if anyone finds other ones, please post them in this thread for everyone to use.

NASA TV
playlist.yahoo.com...

Other links:
www.justin.tv...

www.ustream.tv...

If you do happen to "Screen Capture" a possible video, please note the time and what region your in (PST, Central, EST, etc) so that we have a better record to corroborate perhaps someone else's "Catch or Capture". If you don't have the capacity to do a screen capture or record what your seeing, then please at least note the times, a brief description of what you saw and where it was located on the screen. This way someone else who might have been recording at the same time can compare and their capture for us all to enjoy and scrutinize..

And Good Luck to us All...!

Johnny

[edit on 5/31/2008 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Wasn't even aware there was a shuttle launch! Damn! I'm uninformed....least I got something to watch now TV was letting me down!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Well, I'm fortunate enough to have Satellite TV, the NASA channel is number 213 on the Dish network. (At least on the East Coast)

Not much happening....things in space are dead slow, most of the time. Cargo Day Doors are open, just crossing the termibator into the nightside.

When did this Mission Launch, anyway??

No, I'm just lazy! Will go look it up.

Discovery, launched almost 6 and a half hours ago.

I'm still watching, hoping to catch a glimpse of Lear's 'secret space stations'. Of course, the live feed could be on a taped 'loop'.....you know, like they do with surveillance cameras in movies about bank robberies?

Over the Upper USA right now (2326 EDT). camera feed just lost, looks like its about to re-acquire line-of-sight reception soon.

[edit on 5/31/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
nice one johnny..

You know we all love your suberb quality yahoo streams.

Recorder at the ready everyone.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I have two more addresses for you to be able to view the streams..
And these two (which appears to go to the same link) seems to be
about 45 seconds "ahead" of the other above-post-mentioned links..
Which is good for us in case we see something in these, we have
about a 30-40 second window to record it off the delayed streams
originally linked in the first post.

Link One

Link Two

And as I said, they both will go to the same data stream, advantage
to these are that there isn't a webpage associated with it and they are
scalable to whatever size you like (unlike this link has):

The Webpage Stream

I did catch something right after take off, but don't know if it's just maybe
some tiles coming off the shuttle.. I'm still looking for something a bit
more spectacular to possibly happen in this mission..

Keep your fingers crossed and keep watching people..!

Johnny

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

In the NASA STS-124 Flight Day 10 Highlights Package at about 8 minutes from it's start when the Japanese arm is being checked out, it's end effector rotates down in the frame there is something behind the arm that becomes visible. I don't have any capture stuff but it wasn't on Earth and appeared to be "there" as a whitish-light of triangular shape. It didn't look quite right.

new topics

top topics

join