It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why they never make movies on nuclear war?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Then there's Jericho the series and Mad Max 2 which doesn't have the exchange but the aftermath.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shere Khaan
Then there's Jericho the series and Mad Max 2 which doesn't have the exchange but the aftermath.

yeah alienstar haven't you seen the series Jericho?
It's like a how-to step by step explanation of how people deal with almost every imaginable situation that would arise after/during nuclear war.
its a tv drama .. so it's like .. erm.. like 30 separate 45 min long episodes
so thats like a 22 hour long movie on nuclear war which is recent as of last year.

you can watch it here -
www.cbs.com...

-

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
To add about Threads and The day after - they are not ` live happily ever after` films , and quite frankly deal with the subject very well - the nuclear war is actually close to the beining of each film , its the aftermarth which is the second half of each film , and its not all `roses` - like , how do you deal with 20 million dead when theres no fuel? and looters - and the afte effects of radiation ; Threads has nuclear winter , but they day after doesn`t - which to me is more `shocking`;

you are told of a nuclear war , you see flashes on teh horizon , and maybe something burning hundred miles away - but thats it - you are not directly effected , but now what? then people start getting sick and theres no medicine and the stong think they should get all the hand outs.....- well i`ll leave you to watch.

but as someone else said , and likewise i wanted to see nuclear war films , but after watching those 2 you won`t want to watch another one.

oh , theres a recently unbanned UK film - made by the government but banned until a few years ago called `The War Game` - made in the 1950`s , in black and white - its another `nuclear war is really not nice` film, and is very gritty in its portrayal - if your a looter and get caught - you get shot and left.

editL:

done the leg work for you

video.google.com...

^^ Threads on goole video

www.youtube.com...

part 1 of the day after - the rest is in the links on teh right hand side (i think)

[edit on 1/6/08 by Harlequin]

SR

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Rhapsody in August by Akira Kurosawa was a kind of look at life after the Nagasaki atomic bombing during WW II.

Final War about America nuclear bombing South Korea these are old movies though not huge hollywood blockbusters.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It won't be a build up to nuclear war movie, but rather a post apocalyptic survival movie. Look for "The Road" based on Cormac McCarthy's Pulitzer prize winning novel of the same name. You are never told in the book specifically that there was a nuclear war, but the main characters are obviously surviving a long nuclear winter.

It is scheduled for release in 11/08 at this point. The star will be Viggo Mortensen. I have very high hopes for this movie as the book was one of the most powerful and haunting I have ever read. I pray it is made mostly in black and white, as there are only very brief glimpses of color in the ashen gray landscape the main characters (a father and son) trudge through looking for any safe haven. The short color scenes are literally rays of sunshine indicating hope.

I can't recommend the book more highly, you will be a better person for reading it, IMHO.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

you also have peacemaker
where a disgruntled general or what ever rank he is gets pissed off at the US for leaving him to die in a war zone so he Hi jacks a nuclear base and fires nuclear missiles at the US,

with one destroying mount rusmoor

top topics

<< 1   >>

join