It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Newly Released Ufo Files From The Uk Government

page: 1
2

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk...



The files contain a wide range of UFO-related documents covering the years 1978–2002. So if you want to find out more about lights in the sky over Waterloo Bridge, near misses by pilots, crop circles - and what the UK government thought of it all - this is the place to start.


I just found this and wanted to get it posted before someone else did so I haven't had a chance to search through the files yet. But it sounds like fun. Good searching! Let us know if you find anything juicy.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by MsSmartypants]




posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Nice find!

However before I saw anything interesting I ran into this sad spoiler (thingy 2, page 12 of the first document, DEFE 31-172):



2. The Ministry of Defense does not deny that there are strange things to see in the sky. It believes, however, that there are adequate meterial explanations for these - sattelite debris re-entering the earth's atmosphere, ball lightning, unusual cloud formations; meteorological balloons, aircraft lights, aircraft at unusual angles etc. It certainly has no evidence that alien spacecraft have landed on this planet. We are aware of independent scientific studies into UFOs, notably the report produced by the University of Colorado in 1969. This concluded that 90% of all UFO reports proved to be plausibly related to ordinary phenomena.


Eek! However, instead of saying "...that alien spacecraft have visited earth" they prefer saying "..that alien spacecraft have landed"; also, 90% of the UFO reports being related to ordinary phenomena leaves 10%. Maybe this is their way of saying they do know something, without creating panic? Hmm I love my paranoidness.

I think I'll be skimming through the reports some more
. Btw, the page doesnt say when these reports were released.. Is the "Newly released" part of their headline permanent ;p?



posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I've just downloaded all the PDFs from the National Archives website. Hundreds and hundreds of reports, at the moment I'm just randomly picking my way through them, one that caught my eye was from 1984, a guy driving along was stopped by an object coming towards him, it dropped an orange ball of light and the car radio went dead! These are the kinds of reports I'm reading... all meticulously-documented, simply breathtaking.

Flag and a star from me.


It's patently obvious that these things are up in the skies and people on the ground have had interactions with them. So where do we go from here? How do we take this to the next stage? That is the question.



posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up MsSmartypants.Its good to see that some countries are letting the average joes have a look see at their files.If only the U.S. would follow suit.(yeah right)

Thanks again!



posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I got this from a transcript of the May 29 2008 Larry King show about .....what else?...Ufos. I'm assuming it must have been recently released files. I'll try to find the link to the transcript.



posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Britain's Ministry of Defense has just released secret UFO files on sightings dating from 1978 through 1987. They include live, eyewitness accounts and the government's response. More files dating from the 1950s and recent events will be released over the next four years.


this is from the may29 Larry King show.

www.cosmicparadigm.com...




top topics
 
2

log in

join