It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama resigns from controversial church

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Oh - you can bet any crickets that are chipring will far be outshouted when im around.

This is too good not to shove in their faces

But notice the silence from them, they'll probably never respond to a single post i make about it (currently coming up with a doozey...keep an eye in the political issues forum)

OHHH yeah

Liberal America -- finally exposed for what they stand for the most: Themselves.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Oh goody, more partisan political backslapping, how nice

I don't think Obama had any choice, but with the extremists on the right, it's a "damned if you do or damned if you don't" kind of thing anyway.

Since Obama originally defended his pastor, the guy went out and said a bunch of even crazier stuff on national TV.

I sympathized with him actually, for a lot of religious people (and I think Obama is one) your pastor is like a member of the family.

We've all had a crazy member of the family or two, I wouldn't want to have to publicly 'disown' any of mine.

And as usual, he explained his decision pretty clearly (and as usual, certain people with a clear ideological agenda will ignore that):

"I'm not denouncing the church and I'm not interested in people who want me to denounce the church," he said, adding that the new pastor at Trinity and "the church have been suffering from the attention my campaign has focused on them."

Obama said he and his wife have been discussing the issue since Wright's appearance at the National Press Club in Washington last month that reignited furor over remarks he had made in various sermons at the church.

"I suspect we'll find another church home for our family," Obama said.

"It's clear that now that I'm a candidate for president, every time something is said in the church by anyone associated with Trinity, inlcuding guest pastors, the remarks will imputed to me even if they totally conflict with my longheld views, statements and principles," he said.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

Since Obama originally defended his pastor, the guy went out and said a bunch of even crazier stuff on national TV.

I sympathized with him actually, for a lot of religious people (and I think Obama is one) your pastor is like a member of the family.

We've all had a crazy member of the family or two, I wouldn't want to have to publicly 'disown' any of mine.

This is really simple. During the primaries, Obama NEEDED the black vote to have a prayer. So he played the race card over and over until he got 90% of the blacks voting for him.

Now that the primaries are over the the DNC handed him the nomination, he needs the white vote, not the black vote, to win the swing states. Today was day 1 of the general election campaign. Obama's first salvo was throwing his church under the bus.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
If there was a way to keep this silent,he would never have denounced the church and never would have distanced himself from Wright or this new guy.If Wright was making these kind of speeches,and then this other guy came in making the same kind of speeches,it's obvious this isn't new.This has been going on for years and Obama knew about it.I truly believe that he thinks this way,and that is a horrible thought process for someone who has a pretty good chance of winning.I hope this hurts him badly.I can't stand Hillary,but would much rather see her win,and thats sad.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
If Obama had never condoned Wrights hate speech, and Wrights support of black radicals, then he should never have condoned it.

I have crazy family members, and when im around them, im nice to the, yes, but when im not around them, im not looking to spread their crazy talk to those around me and support what they have to say.

I know what Obama means, but he's flipflopped too many times for his "justifications" to mean anything.

The media attention HAS hurt his church, because its shone a light on the racial prejudices and bigotry that goes on inside there. That sort of talk has no room in the hosue of God, and to hide behind the puplit and the exploit the aura of his position as a rev. in order to progress his own agena of racial superiority is sickening.

Im glad we knew about, and i could care less if any of the people who attend that church are mad at me for thinking so.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Obama's words - "I'm not denouncing the church and I'm not interested in people who want me to denounce the church," he said, adding that the new pastor at Trinity and "the church have been suffering from the attention my campaign has focused on them."

Not much of a denouncing of what is going on there.

He's making that cesspool out to be the victim here instead of
acknowledging the fact that THEY are the perps.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

I agree that Obama has been very clear about his reasons for resigning from the church at this time. It seems he has been left with little choice. Still, his detractors are going to accuse him of going back on his now-famous speech about race and his earlier refusal to renounce Rev. Wright. More troublesome still is the possibility that he may alienate some of his base.

I cannot think of anything worse than four or more years of McCain. For the sake of this country I hope the political fall-out will not be too great.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by Sestias]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ybab hsur
Liberal America -- finally exposed for what they stand for the most: Themselves.

The fundamental premise of liberalism is the moral incapacity of the American people. - Alan Keyes

top topics

<< 1   >>

join