Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Cheney Urges Conservatives Not To 'Run From Bush Administration Policies'

page: 1

join

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

With his approval rating hovering around 30 percent, Vice President Cheney nevertheless went to Virginia yesterday to rally conservatives around the Bush administration. The Virginian-Pilot reports that he urged state Republican activists “to promote the Bush administration’s policies during campaigns for this fall’s presidential and congressional elections.”

The biggest shocker from the initial paragraph are WHO IN THE HELL MAKES UP THE 30 PERCENT THAT APPROVE the job this criminal is doing?!?

Some highlights from his speech:

On the economy: “Republicans believe that when Americans are facing tough times, the first thing we should do is let them keep more of their own money. That is why the President proposed and signed a stimulus package with immediate, direct relief to the American taxpayer.”

Which now equates to about a half of a week of groceries and gas due to the economy and dollar you and your sub-groups have obliterated...

On energy: “Our administration has worked with the Congress and the private sector to try to increase the efficiency of cars and trucks, to promote alternative fuels.”

Really? I must have missed that somewhere...Where are all these high efficiency vehicles and how come we're all going bankrupt with the $4 + dollar per gallon gas if there's access to these alternative fuels you're speaking of?

On Iraq: “The work goes on — and our strategy in Iraq, with a surge of operations that began more than a year ago, is succeeding. The only way to lose this fight is to quit.”

Ahh Yess---"Victory" is always "almost around the corner"...It seems to have been that way for the past several years...But in essence there ARE victories---For the Corporate giants who are using us tax-payers month after month like a giant ATM machine to keep profiteering from this debacle...

Cheney is grasping at his last straws. Although he said, “President Bush and I look forward to helping our candidates, up and down the ticket, throughout this very important election year,” it’s not clear that conservatives really want their help. Both Cheney and Bush have been raising less money and attracting smaller crowds than they used to.

There’s good reason for conservatives to reject Bush and Cheney’s advice. After all, 75 percent of the American public disapproves of how Bush is handling the economy. Twenty-three percent of the public blames Bush for high gas prices — putting him just behind the top culprit — oil companies, at 35 percent. And on Iraq, which Cheney also touted, 67 percent disapprove of the way the Bush administration is handling the war.

These statistics are definitely behind the bar. The last gallup poll I saw had disapproval ratings at 83%, which STILL even suprises me that there are still that many people hanging on to anything positive about this trainwreck of an admin...

Source:
thinkprogress.org...]

[edit on 31-5-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

join