It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Responses from government of UFO issue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Hi everyone! Whether believe or don't believe in the Disclosure Project I wanted to bring to your attention the fact that alot of people in congress have responded the letters Dr. Steven Greer and his team have sent out regarding the UFO phenomenom. Here is the letter he sent:

Dear Representative,

As you know, the recorded testimony of scores of military, government and other witnesses to Unidentified Flying Objects and Extraterrestrial events and projects from around the world establishes the existence of a UFO/Extraterrestrial presence on and around Earth. This recorded testimony consists of dozens of first-hand, often top-secret witnesses to UFO and Extraterrestrial events, internal UFO-related government projects and covert activities, space-based weapons programs, and covert, reverse-engineered energy and propulsion system projects. The technologies that are of an Extraterrestrial origin, when publicly released within a planned transition period, will provide solutions to global environmental and security challenges.

These numerous recorded witnesses constitute only a small portion of a vast pool of identified present or former military, intelligence, corporate, aviator, flight control, law enforcement officers, scientists and other witnesses, who will come forward when subpoenaed to testify at Congressional hearings. Without a grant of immunity releasing them from their security oaths, many such unimpeachable witnesses fear to speak out.

Legislation will ban space-based weapons and will help to transform the terrestrial war industry into a world cooperative military (without space weapons), civil, and commercial space industry. This will provide unprecedented benefits and opportunities to all on Earth and in space.

Our generation of voters and leaders are responsible for this once in a lifetime decision - to ban space-based weapons so that we will be permitted to join the peaceful travelers in the universe.

Therefore, the undersigned are asking that you sponsor, enact and actively support each of the following:

To hold open, comprehensive, secrecy-free hearings to take military/agency witness testimony on events and evidence relating to an Extraterrestrial presence on and around Earth.

To hold open hearings on advanced energy and propulsion systems, relating to extraterrestrial phenomena that, when publicly released, will provide solutions to global environmental challenges. These technologies which may now be sequestered behind the National Security Act.

To enact legislation which will ban all space-based weapons, and to enact and implement international treaty and legal standards prohibiting the weaponization of space.

To enact comprehensive legislation to research, develop and explore space peacefully and cooperatively with all cultures on Earth and in space.
Thank you for your prompt attention to my concerns.

Sincerely yours,

www.disclosureproject.org...

What this clearly shows is that the majority of people in congress have no interest on the subject. Nor does the President. Go figure.

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by mrmulder]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Here's a response from the Secretary of Defense:

"UFOs and extraterrestrial life forms alleged to be present on Earth are matters no longer being investigated by the Defense Department. From 1948-1969, the Air Force did conduct investigations under several program names, the last of which was Project Blue Book. The decision to discontinue UFO investigations was based on a number of factors, including reports and studies by the University of Colorado and the National Academy of Sciences, as well as past UFO studies and the Air Force's two decades of experience investigating UFO reports. As a result of these investigations, studies, and experience, Project blue Book concluded:

No UFO reported, investigated, and evaluated by the air Force has ever given any indication of threat to our national security.

There has been no evidence submitted to or discovered by the air Force that sightings categorized as "unidentified" represent technological developments or principals beyond the range of present-day scientific knowledge.

There has been no evidence indicating that sightings categorized as "unidentified" are extraterrestrial vehicles."

My repsonse to this: "Yeah, right."

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I don't expect any kind of help from any part of our government on this subject. They have to keep it a secret, and as such, they will dutifully deny every aspect of it. At least the public has heard some of what is going on. Shame its not in any official capacity.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   

No UFO reported, investigated, and evaluated by the air Force has ever given any indication of threat to our national security.

Really? I suppose we scramble jets just for the hell of it?

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder
Here's a response from the Secretary of Defense:

There has been no evidence submitted to or discovered by the air Force that sightings categorized as "unidentified" represent technological developments or principals beyond the range of present-day scientific knowledge.
This I find difficult to believe, as the Militaries are the ones that retrieve downed UFO's. Then again, would the Secretary of Defense actually have "clearance" to read about the existence of Extra-terrestrial UFO's?

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Our generation of voters and leaders are responsible for this once in a lifetime decision - to ban space-based weapons so that we will be permitted to join the peaceful travelers in the universe.

How does he know ? Who told him these so-called ET/EBE are friendly ? And most important, how does he know that ALL of them are friendly ?

Si vis pacem, parabellum.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
While I agree with Dr. Greer's basic idea, I really think the guy is a bit of a kook.

He tends to exagerate and dramatize alot of things. Often to the point that a few key people who asked to not have their names included in the project. Astronaut Edgar Mitchell being one of them.

I think Greer's heart is in the right place, but I have read to many things in his past that paint him as a paranoid. Especially his claims that the US Govt uses "abductions" as a threat against people.

Now if that were true, then where is Osama and why the hell did it take so long to find Saddam??? Oh yeah, the US govt has an agreement with the aliens to "hide" them......

Utter non-sense.

I remember when he made his anouncement of finding a zero point energy device. Free power for everyone!!! Where is it? A find like that could change mankind!!! instead, a few months later, he offers up some story about corporations involved and something about legal issues....... and he was vague in his explanation at best. Durring that interview, he exaggerated the alleged device's energy output and then retracts what he said when the interviewer asks him specific questions.

He also claims to have "debriefed" former CIA head James Woosley. According to Mr. Woosley, it was a dinner party set up that Dr. Greer took the opportunity to talk to Woosley about the UFO subject. "Debriefed"....there goes the drama again....

As I said, I like his intentions, I just don't like how he goes about it.

The letters, however are quite fun to read.
I too am curious to know how much the Govt knows.

Thanks for posting them.

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst
Now if that were true, then where is Osama and why the hell did it take so long to find Saddam??? Oh yeah, the US govt has an agreement with the aliens to "hide" them......

Utter non-sense.
Wouldn't you think the UFO secrecy people are too busy trying to keep that secret out of the public's eyes rather than trying to do stuff with Saddam and Osama?

I remember when he made his anouncement of finding a zero point energy device. Free power for everyone!!! Where is it? A find like that could change mankind!!! instead, a few months later, he offers up some story about corporations involved and something about legal issues....... and he was vague in his explanation at best. Durring that interview, he exaggerated the alleged device's energy output and then retracts what he said when the interviewer asks him specific questions.
Energy devices like this don't need an ET origin to be real though. There was Bruce DePalma back in 1978 that created a device that output five times as much energy as was put into it out of what apparently was the "space" surrounding the device. Much like the claims of zero point energy devices. The device never got much media attention and it could not be patented to be used as a method of energy creation because the patent office said that they could not scientifically measure a device that made more energy than was used to run it.

He also claims to have "debriefed" former CIA head James Woosley. According to Mr. Woosley, it was a dinner party set up that Dr. Greer took the opportunity to talk to Woosley about the UFO subject. "Debriefed"....there goes the drama again....

As I said, I like his intentions, I just don't like how he goes about it.
Many crusaders are a bit steeped into their mission and more often than not dramatize their accomplishments. I say this shows that Greer is quite human and subject to the fallibility that we would have in his position and I don't fault him for it.

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
As I said in my post, I think Mr. Greer's heart is in the right place.......but getting "caught up" in drama can affect your work and how seriously you are perceived.

He also likes to put important titles on people and things that tend to suggest more importance than in reality. A lot of people just see the words "military witness" and are already sold&convinced before they read anything......"well, if he's ex-military, then he has to be important and reliable."

In the one of the interviews I read, Dr. Greer was saying that the Govt uses abductions as almost a weapon or means of intimidation. I highly doubt the Govt has any control over abductions. Saddam and Osama were brought up as a little bit of sarcasm. That is what I meant, nothing about the "ufo secrecy people."

I never mentioned that zero point energy devices have to be ET in origin. I was merely pointing out Greer's dramatic anouncement about six months ago. I know it is very exciting stuff, but keep your cool.....

As for the DePalma, I have heard the name mentioned before, but I do not know much at all about his story. Thanks for bringing it up, I will have to look further into it. I don't buy the patent office explanation.... I have seen ridiculous patents for ridiculous ideas...

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

How does he know ? Who told him these so-called ET/EBE are friendly ? And most important, how does he know that ALL of them are friendly ?

Si vis pacem, parabellum.

Well, whether he knows or not, the fact is that the government and congress don't care about the issue when in fact they should. I'm glad Dr. Greer is at least trying to get congress to talk about this issue. He knows UFO's are real just like the rest of us. That much is certain.

new topics

top topics

join