It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that Wal-mart is involved in satanism!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

It wasn't necessarily my goal to convert you. It was my goal to make you understand where I was coming from.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I just hope your mom&pop hardware store can stay in busness. Its too bad the the Walton family has become the Rockefellers of the retail world. They act exactly the same now that Old Sam Walton is gone. The kids are screwing it up bigtime!!

Zindo

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
reply to post by jamie83

It wasn't necessarily my goal to convert you. It was my goal to make you understand where I was coming from.

You did both!

I'm just one person, but the only way to bring change is one person at a time.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
What a ridiculous statement...it isn't Walmart's fault that people love to buy cheap foreign crap. Walmart is opportunistic at best. It's called supply and demand..

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I personally like Walmart. I shop there because it's convenient. Retail jobs have always sucked, it doesn't matter what company you work for, they're all bad. It should motivate people not to want to make a career out of it and go back to school and improve themselves. Only a loser spends there entire career working a register, and then they get married and have kids and wonder why they can't support there families. No one is forcing people to shop at Walmart, we live in a free country and people can where ever they want to.

Go Walmart

Michael
Hagerstown, MD

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Although I don't think Wal-Mart quite qualifies as a Secret Society, I'll bite

Originally posted by jamie83
How many people does Wal-Mart employ?

How many people does Wal-Mart employ at what would reasonably be considered a middle-class wage? Not that many relative to its size.

How much has Wal-Mart added to the economy by just the construction of their stores?

We aren't talking about detailed, substantial edifices here. 4 cinderblock walls and a tin roof do not exactly cry out as architectural Valhalla.

How much does Wal-Mart pay in Federal Tax each year?

How much does Wal-Mart's procurement regime cost in reduced Federal Tax each year?

How much does Wal-Mart pay in state taxes each year?

How much does Wal-Mart's procurement regime cost in reduced state taxes each year?

From what I've seen, most of the materials put out bashing Wal-Mart lead directly back to unions who were pissed off that Wal-Mart employees CHOOSE not to be part of their outdated unions.

You bang on the U.S. boogeyman of unions. Yet it was unions that allowed the parents and grandparents of those ever-so-cheerfully 'greeting' at the door of Wal-Mart to support a family. You'd be hard-pressed to support a family of gerbils on Wal-Mart wage.

Bottom line... everybody who shops at Wal-Mart is exercising their choice to shop their because Wal-Mart is providing value to them. All the employees work there because the want to.

And herein lies the myopia of the bottom line mentality. If that's your only consideration when making a purchase, then you're doing yourself and your countrymen a disfavour. Me? Whenever I can, I will pay that bit extra to buy something Canadian-made because I know that the overall benefit will trickle back down to myself and others over time.

Would you rather have Wal-Mart hire a unionized work force and go bankrupt like the U.S. auto and steel companies?

Hello Mr. Strawman Argument. Try that one at Costco (IIRC). They're unionised and last I checked, not bankrupt.

Somebody cites a poster on a bulletin board that shows 6,666 missing children were found as evidence Wal-Mart is satanic, and you conclude there's something wrong with me?

Whatever. Considering the source, I feel honored you think there's something wrong with me.

I consider you an ill-informed cheerleader. Vacuous. Unaware. Probably mid-20's to early-30's. You have that 'I know what's right for the world' swagger in your post. Give it a decade: you'll learn better.

FWIW, I used to date a girl who lived in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. Sault Michigan got a Wal-Mart just outside city limits. Guess what happened to downtown Sault Michigan? Eviscerated. Gutted. Emptied. Now I'll grant that it's been a few years since I've been there but I'd say that that isn't doing anything of any value for the local economy.

Really great cost/benefit consideration in evidence there.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Also, another note here I think is important to this post:

Satanism is not devil worship. Satanism is worship of the self.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikedw
I personally like Walmart. I shop there because it's convenient. Retail jobs have always sucked, it doesn't matter what company you work for, they're all bad. It should motivate people not to want to make a career out of it and go back to school and improve themselves. Only a loser spends there entire career working a register, and then they get married and have kids and wonder why they can't support there families. No one is forcing people to shop at Walmart, we live in a free country and people can where ever they want to.

Go Walmart

Michael
Hagerstown, MD

Guess what, Mike? What do you say to the guy with a family for whom there isn't anything left except retail because all the manufacturing jobs have been off-shored? Yes, retail bites but retail should be the domain of the teen and wo-somethings, not adults. Society is so all-consumed with getting something for nothing that they don't realise that they really aren't getting anything of value for what they do spend.

Can you spell myopia?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
Also, another note here I think is important to this post:

Satanism is not devil worship. Satanism is worship of the self.

So now I understand what you're getting at.

The OPs original connection of Wal-Mart's 6,666 was more of an insult to the devil than it was to Wal-Mart?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Well really I don't think that the 6,666 children found has any connection to anything except wild speculation. It IS strange that they chose that number though. Maybe it was an employee joke?? I think that the OP meant it as devil worship though, even though they are not the same thing.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
As with most of ATS, the source of the walmart bashing is populism. We have a need to create an enemy, a divide, a fight between us and something else (the "elites") in order to explain our world view and why we are not as happy as we would like to be. Whom better to target than a giant corporation? Most of this is founded in populist propaganda, not reality. Wal-Mart is no angel, but neither is any corporation.

I worked retail for 5 years at Sears, and I would have killed to work at Walmart. Better hours, better pay, better benefits. For all the Walmart bashing and sheer glee people take at pouncing on Walmart, this is one ex-retail employee who knows what a comparative paradise working for Walmart is compared to other retailers. But no one bashes other retailers, because that wouldn't be fun...

What is it with 6,666? It seems like wild paranoia to me. Even if your going to believe the incorrectly translated number in the bible, its 666. Three digits versus four.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

Perhaps it is "paranoia" I merely used this avenue to bring attention to all the bad that Wal-Mart brings to the USA.. However 6,666 is a very interesting number... And I doubt it was a employee joke as something like this would come from corporate.. And it has been there for over 1 year... You figure with all the Christians we have down here they would probably be a little more sensitive to this... Is it absolute proof? no I just used it as an avenue to bring attention to the "evil" that Wal-mart is doing to the US... but you have to admit... it is a very strange coincidence that exact number would be up there with no change for over 1 year... 6,666 I don't think thats a coincidence..People are so busy with there lives that they do not have any sensory perception whats so ever... I have never seen someone stop and look at this sign at all... However once I neiled down to get a pic I had a group of around 10 people staring in awe at the number...

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

Walmart brings no more bad to the USA than anyone else. But, as in all things in the populist movement, we have to demonize them.

Looking for meaning into random numbers gets you into trouble. The 666 number in the bible is a mistranslation. Even if your going to believe in it, 666 does not equal 6666. Why would they be sensitive to something that is a non-issue? This is the problem with looking for symbolism and evil everywhere, you will find evil...even when none exists.

Think about this logically. If walmart was the uber-evil empire people like to believe, why would they flaunt it? If they were truly evil, wouldn't they be hiding it?

[edit on 31-5-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

Thank you for clarifying this. I did not know.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I can't believe ther is so much fear and paranoia over a retail chain. Ther seems to be a lot of sentiment regarding the Mom & Pop stores. I think this sentiment is misplaced.

There is a small "mom & pop" hardware store in my town that is closer to my house than Walmart. It closes at 6:pm during the week, is only opem 1/2 day on Sat. & is closed on Sundays. Most of the customers are old timers that would rather pay more than have to deal with the trafffic & crowds.

Thats fine with me.

Guess where the owner buys a lot of his items? Thats right, Big Bad Walmart. The people that go to his hardware store thinking that they are making some important social statement against corporate America are deluding themselves.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Wal-Mart employs the lazy, unmotivated, failures of this society. That is the ones who can pass a drug test. The ones who fail the drug tests or get fired for their own incompetence have invented this myth out of their anger for the results of their own incompetence. Does anyone really think they are going to tell you they found coc aine or heroine in their urine? No they don't; they instead scream discrimination or make ridiculous claims like the nonsense in this thread.

I've seen three examples of this just among people I know personally. One got caught smoking in the bathroom a dozen times before they finally let him go and he of course claimed they did it to avoid giving him benefits. Liar.

Another was hired into front office and got caught running personal errands while on the clock many times before being fired. She sued them and of course the Judge threw it out. Wal-Mart actually hired a PI to film her running around town to protect themselves this happens so often.

The third failed a drug test and he is still unemployed after 5 years and I've seen him twice picketing Wal-Mart. He of course lies to anyone that will listen to him about why he was fired. I tried to help him myself, but had to let him go when he kept hiding fifths of booze in my dumpster and drinking at work.

I guarantee you that at the heart of all these myths is lying, deservedly fired ex-employee lying out their backsides. Either that or a naive person who they convinced of their lies.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Wal-Mart employs the lazy, unmotivated, failures of this society. That is the ones who can pass a drug test.

My mother works at walmart as a strore manager and she is anything but lazy. The past week she worked 7 days straight because someone had a death in the family, I don't think this qualifies as lazy or unmotivated. Stop generalizing.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Wal-Mart employs the lazy, unmotivated, failures of this society. ...

Now why would Wal-Mart be fined by multiple state governments, the Federal Government, and some other Countries governments if they had mostly "lazy, unmotivated, failures of this society"?

Why would they have settled or been adjudicated against in multiple lawsuits by employees?

Check it out if you do not believe it.

wakeupwalmart.com...

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

I don't agree with Wally World's business practices and I also agree that they are bad for most communities they move into... but you are a colosul nut! AND a bad mathemetician 666 6666

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
As a Satanist (Lavey'n) i must say this thread is PURE IGNORANCE
thank you
that is all

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join