It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Calls U.S. 'Frightening Monster,' Urges French Solidarity

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThEsEnTiNeL

Originally posted by US Monitor
reply to post by ThEsEnTiNeL

And yet Gore stopped his contention of that election after the Supreme Court ruled on it. And popular vote has never been the rule for electing the POTUS. IT has been the electoral college. A basic understanding of our election process would clear that up for you.

Now Obama will win the Democratic nom, even though he may not get the overall popular vote. I guess that makes them Fascist too right? :LOL:

ok so what are you saying? what the people want as a whole dosent matter?

Tell me anytime that the POTUS was chosen by popular vote and not by the Electoral College.

Show me.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThEsEnTiNeL

reply to post by ThEsEnTiNeL

Yet this is simply not true.
I have witnessed numerous anti-war protests and see people daily walking around with signs and shirts that protest Bush and the war. My daughter walks around with a shirt that says Jan. 09 the end of the worst administration known to the US.

Haven't had any calls from the police about it. Haven't seen any people arrested downtown during these protests. So I find your statement baseless and false.

at a protest the police look for the smallest reason to arrest you during a protest. look youtube.com...

That video is a hack job. Couldn't hear what was being said, yet the cameraman makes statements and puts words in the mouths of the Police.

Plus you only see part of what happened and some convenient editing skips parts.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
To all who hate the U.S. and think its a fascist nation. Please get the hell out of our country or show yourselves in true color out on the street so people can deal with you. Because your all ignorant in your beliefs.

Putin is a communist Soviet thug. Sarkosy probably wants to strangle him now for trying to speak for the French people. Sarko and France will be a great ally of the U.S. for the rest of time.

Russia is the one building new ICBMs
Russia is the one who restarted their bomber patrols.
Russia already claims to have a missile shield in their country and that their new missiles are immune to any missile defense.
The countries that want to be in NATO want to be protected from Putin and Russia.
Russia has no friends in the Islamic extremist world so they are stupid for not joining us in our fight against them.
Russia will bleed greatly for fighting with us only then to later join us in destroying China. A prophecy by many.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

Dont forget he started sticking his thug toys in the red square parade again.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

In your entire response, I found nothing more then strawman arguments and statements not based in fact.

Knowing how hard you look i'm not surprised that you didn't 'find' what you weren't looking for! Strawman arguments?

Warsaw pact made in response to NATO? You do know that the members of the Warsaw Pact were NOT given a choice right?

More of a choice than the people of Vietnam, Korea, Panama, Iraq, Loas and Cambodia had. Sure they were republics in little but name but where they all that different to the South-American puppets the US installed for decades on end?

My ACTUAL point was that the Warsaw pact were formed long after the US decided to create a very formal alliance of nations bent on the same type of 'defense' that devastated Korea.

But for people like you, the US is always wrong and the other side, no matter who they are, are always right.

I do my best to make a point of seperating the US people from what their government is doing as i know quite well that governments rarely represent their people's wishes. If i don't make it clear enough my criticism is for the US government , unless stated otherwise, and should not be taken as a 'attack' against American citizens.

Pointless to discuss with someone like you.

I realise that it sucks arguing with better informed people so i do my best to shut up whenever i run into them... Maybe you could try that?

Stellar

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by StellarX

Are you ever going to post any links to support your BS?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Stellar, its hard for many of the uneducated and ignorant in america to differentiate between themselves and their government. Reason being that they are shown constantly in TV and media that questioning anything the government says is "unpatriotic". Over here people are often sold that "blood is thicker than water crap" and taught to blindly follow their friends or leadership even when it is wrong.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by pexx421

Lol, that rule applies to most countries, cultures and people. You are outlining a human flaw that is universal, so very intuitive of you.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Really? How do you figure that one? I live in Chicago and am downtown daily for work. Haven't seen any cops out stopping people to check there papers, haven't had any restrictions on my travel. So please do tell me how my state is becoming more facist by the day. I look forward to having a good laugh.

Here's the Real ID Act. The is at the Federal Level. This is police state type of crap:

en.wikipedia.org...

www.realnightmare.org...

www.dhs.gov...

This crap is being forced down the throats of every state in the Union. Which is a clear violation of States Rights. Not to mention there being a lack of constitutional authority for such an act at the state or federal level.

The Patriot Act which was basically one of the biggest federal power grabs in history pretty much eliminates autonomous state law enforcement, eliminates the right to a fair trial, the right to an attorney and the right to confidentiality with said attorney. You can be tried in military court with the death penalty invoked and can be sentenced to death without judicial review, legal council, or even the right to see the evidence held against you. This extends to citizens and non-citizens. Consolidation of government powers at all branches is Illegal under the Constitution of the United States, as it states that there will be 3 branches, independent, yet equal in power to ensure checks and balances. The Patriot Act consolidates power of all law enforcement during times of emergency under the flag of the Department Of Homeland Security. We've been in a state of declared emergency since 9/11. Again, there is NO constitutional authority for any of this, and this is exactly what Hitler did before the start of World War 2. He then engaged in wars of aggression, pre-emptive wars, against Poland, France, and the U.K. And breaking non-aggression treaties by attacking Russia.

Bush has broken every treaty against wars of this kind, and while doing so ensured, with the help of congress, that our right be curtailed in the name of security. Which is just plain stupid. If I die at the hands of terrorists, I die free. I would have it no other way.

en.wikipedia.org...

w2.eff.org...

action.aclu.org...

www.npr.org...

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
At this point in time I'm really ashamed of what our "Leaders" are doing with regards to foreign policy and "Defense". In my opinion we need to care for the issues within our own borders before we can claim to be "helping" anyone else and sending billions upon billions of dollars to every other corner of the world. Imagine what we could do with that money for the citizens here in the US. Our government has become a juggernaut that is not likely to be reduced in size or power by "We The People" any time soon.

Our borders are extremely secure from any type of missile attack from any country in the world. We have more weapons that operate BVR (Beyond Visual Range) than any other country on earth. We can defend ourselves with absolutely no problem, and we don't even have to be near the theater that we're bombing.

If Bush so keen on a missile shield in another bunch of countries then we should just sell them one and let them run it, IF THEY WANT IT. Our greasy little fingers don't need to exist in the more than 135 countries that they do now. Can you believe that? We have troops in 70% of the countries in the world. And we don't need to.

www.lewrockwell.com...

We have bases in England and Germany that don't even need to be there. Those folks have some big guns and can defend themselves.

But we have them there because we're pushing our agenda everywhere. And I don't mean Benevolent Democracy.

I spent a long time in the Air Force and I've seen what the "Government" does. I've seen military contracts pushed through regardless of the weapons system actually working as advertised, on time or on budget.

Keep this in mind: Whenever the US military is involved with some type of hostile activity, the Joint Chiefs give the President a number called "Acceptable Losses". That's the number of American lives that they are willing to sacrifice in order to achieve their military goals in that theater or action. Your brother, sister or uncle could be one of those nameless "Acceptable Losses". So the President could come up to you at the funeral of your relative and say, "Hey, it was worth it".

Our foreign policy isn't about humanitarianism. It's about money, power and personal agendas. If we didn't need oil as badly as we do, we'd leave the middle east altogether. The only thing that comes out of the middle east is oil, sand and violence. I've tried all three and didn't like them much.

Please be advised: The things I've written here are not things that I think; they're things that I know. Keep that in mind when you question my parentage and/or sanity.

END OF RANT.......

Let the Flaming Begin!!

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The USA is not a perfect country, it is laced with corruption and built on greed. However the good people of the USA and there are good people there, live Free.

Learn to live as Free People First, then complain.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Well...that was a bizarre post.

I do live as a free American so far, and as a Combat Veteran. So I think I have all of my boxes checked.

I realize that it's probably tougher for a person who watches TV news frequently to understand what I'm talking about. The trick is not to watch so much TV news.

Months ago I had to cancel my cable TV due to my financial situation. It turned out to be an incredible blessing. Because not being able to be inundated by the cable news networks really made me feel a lot better physically and mentally. And it made me understand how badly they distort things according to what their agenda is.

For anyone who is feeling a lot of stress in their lives, I would recommend not watching TV AT ALL for a couple of weeks. You'll be amazed at how much better you feel after not having to listen to and watch mindless commercials and other annoying things.

Just try it for a week or two.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThEsEnTiNeLand don't forget the 2000 bush gore elections when gore
won the popular vote? fraudulent elections the 14th characteristic of fascism.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by ThEsEnTiNeL]

The 2000 election wasn't fraudulent. That's a myth concocted by the Democrats.

1. The popular vote is irrelevant. Bush won more electoral college delegates.
2. Gore was granted due process to challenge the vote. In EVERY count of votes in Florida, Bush had more votes.
3. Gore exercised his due process all the way to the Supreme Court. This type of due process doesn't exist in facist states.
4. After the election was final, news organizations counted the votes again, and again Bush had more votes.

That said, the Democrat nomination process of 2008 was about as phony as it could get. Clinton won Texas by 100,000 votes and Obama got more delegates. Obama was awarded 59 delegates in Michigan and didn't receive a single vote.

Is it possible for one party, i.e. the Democrats, to be considered facist?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by pexx421
I pointed out that bush is now responsible for the deaths of 1.2 million iraqi's, (thats after the 500000 iraqi children we starved out, to the joy of madeline albright)

I wouldn't say Bush is responsible for all those civilian deaths, nor the children we apparently starved out. I respect your opinion but, thats 1.2 million different circumstances on how those people died. You and I don't really know how they died. Yes some civilians die in a war zone, i highly doubt 1.2 million of them were hit by U.S munitions. Is Bush responsible for the car bombs that kill innocent people that add to the death toll of civilians? I think now, but Bush is not responsible for this. Unless you are saying because we are there, then he is responsible. Thats just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I must say I admired Putin, and I thought of him as a good president that works for his country.
But he could be part of the NWO also, I am not sure of anything lately

Here is a quote that fits the ATS

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions,
even though they have been held in honor
for many generations and in diverse places.
Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it.
Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past.
Do not believe what you yourself have imagined,
persuading yourself that a God inspires you.
Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests.
After examination, believe what you yourself have tested
and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.

Buddha

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join