It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your experiences with rude and mean people on ATS?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

I did not take it personally, I was scratching my head as to why given that we had never debated. I have had many heated debates and never been foed. I understand where you're coming from and look forward to meeting you again on the threads.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

By the way I'm on your friends and foe list, is that right?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot
I find it intriguing, that you believe, you can actually analyze a member, based on ONE post - over the internet nonetheless. Sounds like you could put the Psychologists out of work. Since I am so intrigued by your ability to read people --no pun intended-- I've decided to try something new...

I'm adding you to my friends list - I'm turning the other cheek.

Matthew 5:39 - But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

You didn't necessarily smite me: You judged me. Here's my left cheek, it's my better picture taking side anyway.

Progress?

Have a Fabulous Day!

-Carrot

I just reread this thread. I know you made this comment a long time ago lol.

But who were you saying it to? it's confusing...lol

[edit on 24-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
With all the hatred in the world, and all the violence of our streets, you're concerned with a cyber-spat

Seriously, have you entered the workplace yet, if not you're in for a biiiig surprise.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
With all the hatred in the world, and all the violence of our streets, you're concerned with a cyber-spat

Seriously, have you entered the workplace yet, if not you're in for a biiiig surprise.

You haven't read the thread have you, I've already said that it did not bother me at all, I made this thread for people to share their opinions and experiences.

I went to a very rough school I know what hatred is. And I've seen and experienced violence in the streets.

The workplace is a walk in a park in comparison.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I was always brought up to believe that manners are free..and to be polite costs nothing........but we are all human..and I guess we all have bad days....there should be some way of reporting people....as I feel the odd rude outburst can be forgiven as we are all human..but there are some persistant transgressors on ATS!

Foot

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

People tend to be mean because they're angry, afraid, confused, sick or in some sort of pain.

Yes, yes...

There sure are some bullies on this site, huh..?

Not all attitude or flaming stems from a maladjusted individual...

It may be the MOD's job to protect the integrity of this site, but when threads and posts appear that CLEARLY demonstrate an asinine mentality, then flaming is appropriate IMO...hopefully another member that was about to start a similar thread takes note.

It would be nice if we could all find a way to debate each other in a healthy matter - hopefully providing worthy answers at the end for all involved...a little boring, but it would be nice.

Until then, beware idiots...

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Yeah ive come across the rude people also. And I came here to GET AWAY from rude people

Its sad to see and I now know realize why they put a ban on it. Its fine to disagree, but to just be plain rude, I cant stand it.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
If someone tags you as a "foe" then I suppose you could construe this as better than being ignored.

Well i think the tags should make it clear that being someone's foe is not supposed to be a bad thing on ATS. I don't 'respect' people for being wrong ( when i believe they are) but i can respect someone for having a difference of opinion with me if i consider them sincere, not misinformed or ignorant and able to provide me with sources that leads to some form of reevalution on my part. As you can see my list of foe's are quite short so perhaps that says more about me ( typically stubborn) than the posters on ATS.

I mean, hey, you're making a difference for them, right? I really can't currently imagine ever using the "foe" button.

Well yes, i reckon it's not a bad thing to be provided the other guy has managed to figure out the design intent on ATS.

Stellar

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I've had people foe me for the silliest reasons. But, as long as you have more friends than foes, you're in good shape (I think).

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

OMG Phoenix that was forever ago.

I was a bit "snappy" with Yahn after he foed me... I couldn't quite figure out why he foed me...

- Carrot

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I have no foes. For some reason it makes me feel less important...

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
People who are rude -
are just there to remind you of who you don't want to be.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

I love the way you put that.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join