It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western Hebrides sighting

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Mine was just a quickie, I'll do another and take my time.

And i'll apologize right after you apologize to ATS for wasting everyones time an d lying in general, after I shall apologize for even bothering to communicate with a fake and a lier when I could have let this thread die.

But I thought I would deny ignorance and give the people of ATS the truth and nothing but the truth!

Good day to you sir!

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
"My brother was out fishing yesterday on lake Coogie when he started hearing some sort of loud engine, assuming it was a plane or such he had hes camera at the ready, he was right in assuming it was a plane but nothing prepared him for this!

The plane as he calls it "the fkn fast thing" came down and "swooped" many times making him fear for hes life, out of all the fright he managed to get some snaps off it but they aren't too clear."

Here are the not so happy snaps

And once here is the original.... Had I waited for it to get darker A little I could have sent my cameras ISO higher and made it grainy.

And no offence but mine looks better and more plausible.

[edit on 15-6-2008 by Zomonoid]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Dude,
I let the thread die. For a good reason.

And even if you can make a good fake... well that shows your good at fakes nothing more nothing less. Theres plenty of folks out there skilled in image making, glad your one of them because they seem to earn a bundle.

What ever your motives are I don't really care. I have what I need to know already, your just wasting breath and typing time.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
Dude,
I let the thread die. For a good reason.

And even if you can make a good fake... well that shows your good at fakes nothing more nothing less. Theres plenty of folks out there skilled in image making, glad your one of them because they seem to earn a bundle.

What ever your motives are I don't really care. I have what I need to know already, your just wasting breath and typing time.

What, whats that? Your just upset because I spoiled all your fun, you had people fooled over so many pages then I came along and rained on your parade.

Oh poor didems !

No [SNIP] your upset at me, I UNCOVERED YOUR LIE AND PROVED IT!!!

No take that long walk of shame outa here and return when you have matured a little (by little I mean HEAPS)

Regards...

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Zomonoid

Pity I know your wrong, and when this gets rolled out i'll ask the staff here to ban you.

I tried to explain, but no... your not having it are you ? read the thread, see the responses from people who know a [SNIP]load more than you ever will, and try to figure out why I let this matter lay and didn't give an exact location for people.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Zomonoid AS some one who lives on Photoshop and makes his living at it let me tell you that any image posted anywhere has the possibility of being photoshoped or trick camera work.

Really just because you can replicate an image now doesn't mean it can be disproved by those means alone. Thanks for you input but it really doesn't proven or disprove ANYTHING. I bet you if I took the polecat UAV and the F-117 nose with the background of an ocean put them together blurred etc I could come out with the same or close image that dan has posted. Again it means nothing to say it can be done.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna

Pity I know your wrong, and when this gets rolled out i'll ask the staff here to ban you.

Don't let yourself get dragged into a low blow game like this Dan you have no need to further prove what you claim as you has said all you claim you can and unless I can find proof otherwise or for what you posted I will remain open ended on here. Calling for someones ban is unnecessary and shows to much emotion for a thread that could turn into a pointless argument

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Ok folks, no need to get personal.

Post your evidence, views, conclusions, etc. , But there's no need for personal attacks.

Zomonoid, as Canada_EH suggests, just because you Can produce a similar picture effect,
doesn't prove this picture is faked.

I suggest, unless you can produce a source picture, what you've presented to this point
is anecdotal , at best.

Also, Let's also watch the profanity, please guys.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jbird
Ok folks, no need to get personal.

Post your evidence, views, conclusions, etc. , But there's no need for personal attacks.

Zomonoid, as Canada_EH suggests, just because you Can produce a similar picture effect, doesn't prove this picture is faked.

I suggest, unless you can produce a source picture, what you've presented to this point is anecdotal , at best.

I totally agree with this. I, and others, have posted our views and reasons for thinking why Dan's picture looks like a fake. And I accept any constructive criticisms or of my opinions and why they may be based on incorrect assumptions.

Unfortunaletly, when we ask for more evidence from Dan - such as other pictures from the day, locations and other details he seems to get very annoyed and refuses to shed any more light on the sighting which fuels our belief that the pic is (or should i say 'looks like') a fake. (Dan Tanna **This is not a personal attack you** but it is a criticism of you, and I look forward to your response)

the responsibility shouldn't be on those who are saying that an image looks like a fake to prove that it is. The responsibility should be on the poster to provide all the evidence and details that he/she has to back up their claims - and then all should make their own positive or negative comments on the evidence presented. The trouble is the internet is not the best medium for the discussion of conspiracy theories and debateable photographs as the ease of anonimity and photoshopping does not help anyone's credability - posters and commenters included - and in matters like this the whole basis of an agument deppends on credability.

I would emplore Dan to post more info or details to help us non-believers out there. I'm sure many on this forum would agree with the phrase "I WANT TO BELIEVE".

But as Comment #2 by _Del_ in this thread says... it is quite a coincidence that dan and his wife have photographed 2 secret aircraft (one air-to-air over Afghanistan and this one in the west of Scotland) in a very short space of time. That for me is the biggest combat indicator that this is a hoax.

But then again... I could be wrong.

/stands back and waits for thread to explode.

[edit on 16-6-2008 by Floyd_pinkerton]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
No explosion fom me.

Let me just say this again. keep those two pictures of mine, for when they are rolled out you will go 'oh shoot, we had pics of that a ages ago on ATS'...

I added them because I wanted answers, or possible pointers, not as any 'wow wee look what i got' need for a reaction.

Thank you, Daniel.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
DAN

is there any way you can close this thread you started ??

esp as it is decending into a slanging match ....

as for more details ,,,,they are NOT going to appear !!

take care
snoopyuk

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Have sent urgent U2u's to mods.

No more details from me. period.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Unfortunately Dan I have to say you were your own worse enemy in this thread by refusing to provided requested data that might help authenticate the picture. Really, what was the point in posting it in the first place?

We've managed to show that UAVs might be seen in the vicinity of Benbecula but we have no way of knowing whether the picture was taken within 100 miles of the base there.

Most whale watching in the region takes place in the Minch and there are certainly no restricted areas in that body of water, nor around any islands in the Hebrides that I'm aware of - even the submarine testing grounds off Raasay are in full public view. Your account of being in the Cairngorms - on the other side of the country - whilst your wife was in the Hebrides does also not ring true though of course it doesn't mean you are lying. However only you can/could allay such suspicions.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I have to agree in large with this post

I don't see any reasons to not disclose any location

I also find the comment regarding the boatload of chinese a bit silly in context of just how accessible these islands are. We're not talking about half way up the side of K2 here. If anyone wants to go and have a nosey they are quite free to do so. We're not talking about thousands of square miles of fenced off military property here.

I guess if there was one question I would most appreciate being answered, is this, How far away did the photographer estimate the object to be? roughly, football pitch length away? from the top to bottom of Buchanan Street? or 2 car lengths?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
"from what i can tell, it looks a heck of a lot like a Boeing X-45 "

you know, I don't recall the X-45 having angled surfaces.
It seems manned...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join