It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western Hebrides sighting

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Some of you on this thread are pathetic, some of your posts are just damn right ignorant, the guy has decided to share something with us and all you can do is question his wifes photography and intentions, makes me sick i swear.

I very much doubt his wife had the camera set to take pictures of UAV's seeing how she was wildlife watching, those of you who claim to be experts in photography prove it? show me your qualifications, in fact show us all? i know the place Dan Tanner is talking about and he is spot on one of the remotest parts of Britain.

For once just be grateful someone is sharing this stuff, because all you are doing is driving people way with all your crap, what will you moan about when nobody is sharing anything? ive looked through some of the posters past posts, and it seems some of you do this for a living or at least to pass the time.

Its about time the Mods did something about this kind of flaming it really is,

isn't it against T&C to use the anonymous posting option and be a registered user? page 1 something looks very similar.

A really sad day it is for me because i can see ATS sinking because of the influx of flamers with nothing better to do.

Well done Dan Tanner great picture s&f keep up the good work, and tell your wife well done too.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Floyd_pinkerton
Dan,

as mentioned above you are taking this way too personally. And if the photo is a real one I would hope you would stand by your guns a bit better and give us more evidence to back it up... such as the whole uncropped image. Thats not too much to ask for, is it?? Any 'black projects enthusiast' would love to get a photo like that and to say that you won't provide any more information about it meerly suggests that you lack 'moral fibre' and cannot back up your story. Is a real pity.... or... the pic actually is a fake and your are annoyed that you have been rumbled so easily and are running away with your tail between your legs.

Go on, give us more info.... if you can.

And, if you read the thread, no one has suggested that you are not married. It was only suggested that if someone was to prove that you were'nt married it might debunk your photo. So wind your neck in.

Oh, and that pic of your hand might be a fake. Perhaps you could provide photos of your wedding day, location, date and time of the wedding and some associated pictures before and after the event... then we may believe you are married

[edit on 6-6-2008 by Floyd_pinkerton]

You are way way out of order Pinkerton truley. you have zero right to say what you just said, that is just wrong.. sad

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
You have been asked nicely to return to the original topic of this thread by another moderator.

She's nicer than I am.

No more personal crapping on the OP and questioning him or his family's integrity. Period. Because if I state flinging poo, it won't be just text. Anymore Off Topic posts will get my attention, including the OP.

I hope I've made myself clear.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
Right, this is the image taken straight from the camera, looked at only in windows picture viewer, and then hosted in image shack as before.

So that is the full, original image. I assume therefore it was taken at full zoom? Olympus ultrazoom cameras do have problems with focusing especially at infinity and when using full zoom. So that'd explain the quality of the image.

Unfortunately though it makes determining the size of the object difficult since we have no reference points from which to determine whether it's a large, distant object or a smaller, closer, one.

It does still look to me like the sort of picture one might produce trying to capture a flying bird on full zoom with a relatively slow shutter speed. But I certainly can't prove that that is what it is.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by Essan]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
i know the place Dan Tanner is talking about and he is spot on one of the remotest parts of Britain.

Perhaps he could tell the rest of us the location? After all, it'd mean absolutely nothing to most people. Most of the Outer Hebrides are less remote than parts of some other islands and the mainland. But maybe it was somewhere off Barrahead? Or Scarp? Or the the Shiants? It probably wouldn't help with identification, but would add to the authenticity of the sighting.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
First of all well said Azzlin,

second , i have spoken with the OP and confirmed the location.
i work in the area the OP is taking about as there is a QinetiQ base there.
i can asure you all that there are many things flying around up there, i can also confirm that there are UAV`s being tested there.

However as i stated previously i am not willing to name any projects that it `could` be, and i am also not willing to confirm and name the `exact` area that the Photo was taken due to the fact it is a very good place to observe new projects being tested.
(also as i mentioned in an earlier post in this thread there are other places in the UK that you can see these kind of things being tested they are not large restricted MOD areas but rather small bases in VERY remote rural parts of the country)
as for the quality of pic , i have taken a few pics of planes at low alt and high speed and at full zoom they do tend to produce the same type of affect seen in this photo. (esp ones that have been taken on a ship or on a high cliff ).

take care

snoopyuk

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

Thanks for the vote of confidence on Dans part Snoopy though I find it unfortunate that we aren't able to be told a location that is accessible though probably not easy to get to by the Public. Also the fact that I asked some very reasonable question to Dan in a U2U but didn't get a response is hard to since his feelings on/towards this thread now etc.

I have always said this could be a true photo but that hard evidence or as much as possible needed to be built up to verify the claims made about it.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by Canada_EH]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Canada_EH

If the location is the Outer Hebrides it's not likely to be a spot inaccessible to the general public. Which is why I find the whole story suspicious. A secret military aircraft might well be flown there, but there is no reason not to disclose the location.

I still think it's a bird .....

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Please understand azzllin that all questions and comments on my part are meant only to further this thread to a positive conclusion for or against the image posted. You are correct that nothing personal should be made of this subject and I wish that where still true for all who post here.

But to all I must say I'm getting sick of people not clarifying who they feel is tearing down this thread etc with out of line comments. All Mod posts have been harsh here but not specific as too who they feel they are warning. I feel like I'm walking on egg shells and getting pulled away from being able to critically and correctly building the case around this image.

It would be my request that all who post would be clear in what they think ie bird, UAV etc. But also the fact that the information that is posted wouldn't get muddled in the unfortunate personal/perceived attacks that happen. It has and is happening to me in other threads but the need to stay relative to subject on hand is the important part I think.

So with that I resubmit the issue at hand.

It has been clarified that the following is true by the OP and also seems feasible/true.

-Image was shot on May 14th 2008 6:58 in the morning by the OP's wife on a bird/whale watching trip.
-the quality of the image is due to the shooting with out installed memory card
-The locations is in the Western Hebrides near a testing range (QinetiQ base)
-IS confirmed to not be a current project by QinetiQ
-Bae doesn't currently as of June 6th 2008 have a disclosed program that fits this visual and written description of the aircraft and no USA UAV program has this exact shape as well.
-Camera settings where as follows.

-the photoshop (first) high contrast image had been sent to a friend to try and pull out more information/detail on the aircraft. The 2nd posting can be confirmed that it hasn't been through Photoshop and seems genuine.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The area will not ever be divulged by myself - period.

I placed the 'western hebrides' title to make a statement of fact to those who know that my wife and her friends were in the right time at the right place.

You have a golden picture - Canada_EH you even have the origional and i deeply appreciate your help in this and other threads.

I stated clearly and fully how and why, and gave you the picture.

Sure, i bet a few people do want to know the location, but as a person said in an email from another site -

'do you want a boat of chinese sat next to you next time ?'

I respect the need for my silence on the location and will not divulge it here or any where else for that matter.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Am glad that this thread has repaired itself after blowing a transistor or two.

This is my first reaction to the photo - the vehicle seems incredibly small. Almost like an enthusiasts home model. This is judging by the size of the (albatross??) in the background.

Lack of markings is also of concern.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Its a wave breaking... its northern hemisphere, so no albatrosses here.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by Dan Tanna]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
almost looks like the darkstar UAV when they unvailed it....good find Dan and Mrs.

edit for sp:

[edit on 6-6-2008 by djvexd]

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
Its a wave breaking... its northern hemisphere, so no albatrosses here.

Yes, IMO definitely a wave. Although there is an albatross in the Outer Hebrides

news.bbc.co.uk...

With regards the possibility of it being a UAV, it's interesting to note that the first UAV to cross the Atlantic landed at Benbecula

www.barnardmicrosystems.com...

And as well as a missile testing range, the QinetiQ facility there also supports UAVs

www.qinetiq.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Its an albatross that got bloated with swamp gas

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
More Europe UAV news from flight global. Interpret it how you will. In my opinion its been made to complicated with too many companies not wanting to come under the banner of another to get it done mixed with the politics that seeps into all of these companies.

European hopes of developing a home-grown large surveillance unmanned air vehicle are effectively dead, with programmes based on proven and readily available foreign platforms the only solution for governments' hard-pressed defence budgets.
That is the view of Dassault Aviation chairman Charles Edelstenne, whose company is teaming with Thales and Indra to propose to France and Spain a medium-altitude long-endurance UAV based on Israel Aerospace Industries' Heron TP. The offer, submitted on 22 May, is unsolicited and comes despite an earlier commitment by the two governments, plus Germany, to back an EADS-led initiative to develop the so-called Advanced UAV, a successor to the collapsed Euromale project.

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
it had to happen.

To be honest Bae got it right with their focus on a particular sector of the UAV market.

The long range long loiter non-stealthy market is saturated. The stealth market for a drone that can go down town on day one and bring back the goods is ripe for the taking.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

With regards the possibility of it being a UAV, it's interesting to note that the first UAV to cross the Atlantic landed at Benbecula

www.barnardmicrosystems.com...

And as well as a missile testing range, the QinetiQ facility there also supports UAVs

www.qinetiq.com...

you are correct Essan , as i have mentioned earlier this is where i work, and yes i work on and around UAV`s,

snoopyuk

[edit on 9-6-2008 by snoopyuk]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
What a stupid HOAX, yea thats right I worked out your little scam...

ITS EASY, ANYONE can do it. look below how I did it.

And this is the ugly truth.

And the best bit is that it has image properties making it seem like a legit image!

As you can see all you need is a good picture in a mag (should be as big as possible) then a crappy camera which you can further drop the settings to make it look real and zoomed it on a moving object and BAM! fake pic that has REAL image properties.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Zomonoid

LMAO. What ever you say zippy.

THREE major problems for you to ponder.

1) The location, 2) The quality of the picture and what you can see. 3) When its rolled out I will accept a public apology from you.

Daniel.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join