It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western Hebrides sighting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

You have my wife to thank for this pic.

She was out with A+J on their fishing boat dolphin /whale / bird watching (my wifes a fanatical ornothologist).

Camer set for low res ( as it had no memory card in as I had it in the new camera) but its clear enough to get the rough idea.

Below is 'extras' added in to explain what she saw.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Wow. First you see a bat-wing in Afghanistan and now your wife gets a nice shot of an extremely low level bird -- what are the odds?!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Hey at least I got the picture to display here this time!

Instead of making you all go hunt it off on wild links through rapid share

[edit on 31-5-2008 by Dan Tanna]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
[edit on 1-6-2008 by Polskoo24]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
You sure about the windows? Was pretty doubtfull the UK had enough of a covert budget to build manned stealth aircraft... Unless its american? Wouldn't be surprised if it was a Qnetik stealth UAV, seem to be building alot of prototypes at the mo...

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
from what i can tell, it looks a heck of a lot like a Boeing X-45
Boeing X-45

Boeing X-45 Wiki article

When i first saw it, it reminded me of the Boeing Bird of Prey.

If it's the Boeing X-45 then it's American-made.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Sorry for the lack of clarification. It was unmanned, the windows weren't for a pilot they were just my wifes best way of describing reflective glass like areas she saw.

They were in her words small, retangular and ran around the nose area and had a similar one on the back.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Looks just like a stealth bomber to me

www.aerospaceweb.org...

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Would you be able to tell me what kind of digital camera your wife shot this image with?
How was your wife in such close proximity to the flyby?
Also the date would be helpful.

thanks...

[edit on 6-1-2008 by intelgurl]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

and

Sorry about that, as i thought the image shack would host the origional and keep the exif data on it.

As for why there were there.

My wife is an avid amature ornothologist, and with two of her friends were out at around 4 am to watch the gannet / puffins along with the dolphins and other marine life around the western hebrides.

Thats better. I still do have the origional thank god!

[edit on 1-6-2008 by Dan Tanna]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Wounder if we're looking at BAE's Taranis?
www.baesystems.com...

Doesn't have the wing shape for Kestrel, Raven or Corax... I'd be surprised if it was american as even though there are plenty of american strips over here, there far from secure enough to deploy an under raps project. Specially when theres millions of miles of desert to play about with on there home soil.

Could be something from EADES but i couldn't see why a europian air frame would be in british air space... Unless they wanted to test how it'd react to being hit with a missile.

So something new from Qinetic or a tech demonstrator from BAE would be my guess.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by Polskoo24]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
excuse my ignorance, but what is Taranis ?

# i know, i'll go use google...#
Cheers for the pointer.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

So did you crop it or blow it up in Photoshop or is that the orignaL image?
...and yes I agree with Polskoo24, I don't think it's an American UAV project, but rather quite possibly BAE's Taranis.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The image is untouched apart from being hosted in imageshack. (640 x 480 I believe.)

The reason being is that i was in the cairngorms and had the memory card in my new camera. The wife was using low res mode to make use of the internal memory in our old camera (which she had).

#edited because i should read the entire question first before posting a reply#

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
The image is untouched apart from being hosted in imageshack. (640 x 480 I believe.)

Actually according to the data that a hex editor can extract from any photgraph the image has been through Adobe Photoshop CS2 for Windows.
I also find that the close proximity to the aircraft's flyby causes a great deal of skepticism.
However, that said - I find the actual photograph intriguing and a very good sighting.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I'll look ints this tomorrow. I'm to beat after this weekend

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Question. If I send this image to some one, they open it, look at it and send it me back and I keep that image and not the origional,then post it can that happen ?

Main problem is that i'm using a computer with paint and snipping tool as my high tech image editing software ! (hence my mars threads getting badly zoomed / cut images).

Any how, thanks for looking at the pic, and i can assure you that as far as I am aware this image is still the untouched version I have sent out to people.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Right, this is the image taken straight from the camera, looked at only in windows picture viewer, and then hosted in image shack as before.

Two things to note. On the image I first put up the actual file name had an extra number added onto it so is NOT my origional as I thought it was.Thats the first weird point.

Secondly, I have no idea how that happend or why it is brighter in the origional straight from the camera!

Here is the origional.

Im stumped, totally.

and people, if you want the origional to examine U2U me an email addy and ill be happy to send it to you so you can see the data for yourselves.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
excuse my ignorance, but what is Taranis ?

Its BAE's prototype for a stealth UCAV, they've put a couple hundred million into it already but theres been no word about what stage there at.
I dunno why but undercover UAV's just arn't anywhere near as provokative as actual manned aircraft.
They could spend billions on a sub-orbital, hypersonic, stealth aircraft an i doubt i'd be too fussed... Put a guy inside it and its suddenly cool as hell.
Sign of things to come i guess

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Polskoo24]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
X-45 J-UCAV Joint Unmanned Combat Air System, USA

www.airforce-technology.com...

[edit on 2-6-2008 by SLAYER69]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join