It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeking Support for a New ATS Forum

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Dear Members,

Im seeking support for a new ATS Forum which the site administration will consider if I get enough member votes for it. It will group the following discussion topics into ONE new Forum:

Philosophy
Psychology
Epistemology
Consciousness
Mind
Metaphysics

Why am I proposing this Forum?

* Because we deal with the nature of truth, knowledge, how we arrive at knowledge, how we arrive at truth here on a daily basis but dont have an official forum to discuss it.

* To provide a forum to look at the nature of beliefs and the mind ITSELF rather than only promote and debunk views

* To provide a more positive and maybe intellectual balance to the overall negative tone of conspiracy-theory

* Because the biggest conspiracy of all is the manipulation and distortion of perception, awareness, belief, mind. Isnt it odd that a conspiracy-site doesnt cover that? Knowing more about the mind is a protection from propaganda.

* Because "bigger picture viewpoints" will arise

* Because its good to learn how to think, communicate, process data and information.

* Because the Forums SkunkWorks (far-out-speculation), Paranormal (Ghosts and Vampires) and BTS Faith (Religion) are not appropriate to talk Psychology , Philosophy and Self-Exploration.

Posters to this thread:

1. Please post if you vote "YES" to a new Forum.

2. Please dont suggest seperate forums for these topics as its technically difficult enough to get ONE Forum up.

3. Please tell anyone you might know of to be interested about the possibility to vote for this.

4. If you oppose this idea just dont vote/post.

Thank you.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Here's a vote for the proposed forum, Skyfloating.

Quote from the 'Topics I Like' section of my profile:

I'd also love to see the following forums: ..., psychology and philosophy.

I hope you can make it happen.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
ABSOLUTELY YES

[edit on 31-5-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Great Idea
bring it on. Nuff said.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

* Because the biggest conspiracy of all is the manipulation and distortion of perception, awareness, belief, mind. Isnt it odd that a conspiracy-site doesnt cover that? Knowing more about the mind is a protection from propaganda.

True that....I vote yes on proposition MV(1005)....or the Mind Venue....

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Great idea. If i post twice does that count as another vote.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I am all for this Skyfloating..I always enjoy floating at the top of the barrel.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Count 100 votes from me! It is clear that numerous members and viewers are put off by the debunking and off putting commentary on these specific issues and its clear it costing posts and viewpoints from potential members and posters.

These sort of topics do not need to be mixed with Ghosts and other forms of discussion when they are clearly related to the mind and its abilities.

Another topic that goes here is Govt. and Media Suppression of these topics and their own use of the very same systems and philosophies.

I highly recommend the new forums. These are solid non debatable topics and should be explored in the same manner.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I agree that is one subject area that is lacking at ATS. I cast my vote YES.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Heck YES!

I kept getting kicked back as 'reply too short!"

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Thanks guys.

Keep it coming and we´ll get our Forum.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I vote yes. If we can have a forum on how the automobile works than I don't see why we can't have one that explores how the human mind works.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
My vote is an unequivocal yes. Great idea, Skyfloating.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Lord knows plenty of wars were started over differenting Philosophies...
Our school system is set up to direct our children's Psychology
Lets not forget the ad agencies doing their bit for mind control (See Muzak aka subliminal messaging)
so you get a YES from me...

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Had to look up the definition of Epistemology.

Yes - it's worth a try.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Epistemology

Epistemology or theory of knowledge is a branch of philosophy concerned with the nature and scope of knowledge.

Much of the debate in this field has focused on analyzing the nature of knowledge and how it relates to similar notions such as truth, belief, and justification. It also deals with the means of production of knowledge. In other words, epistemology primarily addresses the following questions: "What is knowledge?", "How is knowledge acquired?", and "What do people know?"

Consciousness

Consciousness is a state that defies definition, but which may involve thoughts, sensations, perceptions, moods, emotions, dreams, and an awareness of self, although not necessarily all of these

The issue of what consciousness is, and to what extent and in what sense it exists, is the subject of much research in philosophy of mind, psychology, neuroscience, cognitive science, and artificial intelligence.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Yes, thats a good idea.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Psychology is an academic and applied discipline involving the study of mental processes and behavior

Metaphysics is the branch of philosophy investigating principles of reality transcending those of any particular science. Cosmology and ontology are traditional branches of metaphysics. It is concerned with explaining the ultimate nature of being and the world.[1]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Yes.

Don't yell for the one-liner...

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Thanks all and keep it coming. We need much mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooore.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join