It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigarette Smoking Obama = Bad President or just Propaganda?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I give this thread a really big 'who the hell cares?'

I mean who really cares if he smokes? So what?

[edit on 1-6-2008 by atlscribe]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Hitler didn't smoke and is reported as hating cigarette smoke - this didn't make him a good person!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Obama has MUCH bigger issies that need examining...

Weather he smokes cigs or not is IRREVELENT... unless you are a FAR_LEFT lib who is an avdocate for Banning smokeing on a city/county/state/federal level...

So, if Obama smokes, and it is reported that he does, he might lose some of the Far Left that supports him... and that can only benifit Clinton...

Is smoking a 'hot' issue... is this the issue that will decide your vote...

Probaly not... is it another reason not to like the guy... if you want...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlscribe
I give this thread a really big 'who the hell cares?'

I mean who really cares if he smokes? So what?

[edit on 1-6-2008 by atlscribe]

I agree. What next, our we going to start getting pics of Obama with a glass of whiskey in his hand? Is he going to kiss his wife in public next? Who cares, smoking is legal and so people need respect peoples right to smoke (i thought America was supposed to be the land of supporting and protecting people's rights??).

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by InsiderInfo

What coc aine usage can be seen in that photo?
Yes I would take him as a leader, I wouldnt want a Saint who will ban everything we enjoy, like hula hoops.. We need someone that has learned by thier mistakes..

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by atlscribe

I agree. Its a complete waste of time. The overwhelming majority of people are not going to see it as a reflection of his character or morality, and why should they? Even those who find smoking to be a hot-button issue tend to be on the left-side of the political isle and will very likely vote for him anyway. So who cares? In terms of the campaign itself, its irrelevant.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by InsiderInfo
So? The photo of him smoking might be fake? (I say might be, because this proves nothing. Just as easily as a cigarette can be added in, one can be removed. The removed one might be the fake after all.) Who cares.

He has done far worse. He as actually admitted in his own book to doing coc aine in the past.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by InsiderInfo]

Cocaine use? I think, surely, that he's not the ONLY president we've ever had that's done blow...hm...can't think of one off the top of my head....maybe it was too long ago.....

And that picture of him in, seemingly, a turban? That's the native dress of the country he was visiting at the time. Quit taking things out of context. Just keep voting that republican party line. You'll get there someday, buddy. Filthy oil rich. Yup.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf
He's a chain smoker. The MSM doesn't show that because its not "politically correct" to be a smoker these days. Yes, I smoke.

My sister, who is an Obama supporter and idiot, went to his rally here in Des Moines and saw him smoking.

The main question here is with the media. If they've got him cleaned up to a point where people are asking whether or not he smokes (despite smoking like a chimney), what else is the MSM CLEANING UP about his image?

Almost everyone is aware Obama smokes. He admits it in interviews if asked, talks about how hard it is for him to quit, but that he's trying to do it for his kid/s (can't remember how many he has, lol). What else is the MSM cleaning up about his image? Are you serious? He's admitted using coc aine. Maybe you think he killed somebody and they're covering that up? I also hope you're not implying that your sister is an idiot BECAUSE she supports Obama. I don't support any politician, ever, but I know Obama supporters; none of the ones I know are stupid. Maybe her stupidity is a function of her genetics. Which you share

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
To those who keep insisting that this isn't an important topic: You're right, and that makes you wrong.

The significance of this thread is that great attention is being paid to something insignificant, and this reflects upon the general nature of the kind of campaign that has been waged against Obama in this election.

People keep going after him on color, on religion, on class, on smoking, on a flag pin, etc etc etc...

But who dares go after him for being the only candidate who stood up and said that a gas tax holiday was nothing but a scam against voters?

Who dares go after him for saying that the income cap for FICA taxes should be raised?

Who dares question his wisdom in delaying the new spacecraft Nasa wants so in order to fund an extra 18 billion for teachers, including merit-based pay?

But hey, why challenge him on that when you can instead just claim that he has said nothing about the issues, because he was too busy taking a cigarette break?

I haven't even heard a truly intelligent discussion of his soft stance on China- and anyone who read The Audacity of Hope can tell you that Obama's stance on China and the outsourcing of jobs is weak.

Hell look it up people- take your pick of issues.

Or keep trying to blow smoke up other voter's hindquarters- that may not say much about Obama, but it speaks volumes about his opponents. Clinton's attack campaigns are going up in smoke as Obama moves closer still to his inevitable nomination- what's insignificant about that?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by InsiderInfo

He has done far worse. He as actually admitted in his own book to doing coc aine in the past.
Do you want a bisexual, coc aine using anti-white big-government racist black muslim as president? I sure as hell don't.

dubbya admitted using coc aine and being an alcoholic.
do you want a coc aine sniffing, silver spoon fed, rich draft dodging drunk for a president??

well, you got one !

~elgoog~

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
come on! Everyone on ATS knows that these candidates are just puppets. blah blah blah, all that sh*t, So given that, Smoke up obama, i kinda like it, it gives him a free kinda look to him, haha. Don't get me wrong i think he's a bag egg, but me being a smoker as well has to support him.

Side note, did you know that if Weed ever becomes legal, all the Cig companys own the rights to packaging and selling... So now we can expect it to be legal-

Damn it smells out side, too much bullsh*t

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by '___'eviant
Almost everyone is aware Obama smokes.

Smoked. Past tense.

The point I was making was that this photo was being used to show him as a liar. As a relaxed undignified individual. It is why the person that photoshopped that cig in his mouth picked a photo of him that makes him look a bit tired without a tie and relaxed.

As if campaigning nonstop wouldn't make anyone weary.

That photo I first saw posted HERE to show him as a disrespectful phony, not just a smoker.

Thats why I looked it up. That is why I wanted to make a commentary on the propaganda that will accelerate now I am more than sure. I just wanted to show that we should question the images being thrown around in discussion as "proof". It was thrown around here on ATS to further an agenda that is being based on past actions and being pushed to further current lies. Mostly it is used to scare uneducated Americans into being afraid of him as a Muslim terrorist, communist, and a liar. From some of the interviews I have seen many believe that to be true and Democrats didn't vote for him based on the lies.

Oh and no I was not aware he even smoked so not everyone knew that.

- Lee

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I personally don't think that Obama being or not being a smoker has any bearing on his ability or inability to be an effective leader. After all, George Washington grew hemp (and who knows what else he did with it), yet he founded our country...

I've seen several photos of Obama smoking, and, so far as I know, he has never denied being a smoker, nor having done drugs in his life - the honesty of which I find admirable in a national leader (unlike Mr. "I-did-not-inhale").

One thing that does strike me about the alleged "fake" photo, is that there is absolutely NO trace of smoke lingering from the end of the lit cigarette... Odd.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Obama's a Chain smoking, Cocaine using DL brother?

Did I read this all correctly?

I might need to readdress my politics, he might in the end actually be a modern American

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by piacenza

What the heck is a "NIGRO" ???

It's post's like this that show people's stupidity and ignorance.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by InsiderInfo

That was the

WORST

Photoshop I have seen today (OK the OP was up there too).

I have an idea.....

Why don't you pick and issue.....

Any issue....

And defend your candidates stance on it. Now that, would be productive.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
So what if he smokes,my mom smoked since she was 13,my dad never smoked,my dad died of cancer,my mom of diabetes,another special interest gropu,I'm sick of the supposed 2nd hand smoke BS,how much money does California lose for making signs,arresting people etc,this is one of the problems in the US,why don't they ban drinking too,and as far as long term effects from coc aine where is the proof?

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
there also isn't any smoke coming out of the end of the cigarette.

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by UnitedSatesofFreemasons

It will never become legal. The pharma companies can't make money off it it because people can grow it themselves.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join