It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the 23 enigma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
what peoples think of this 23 enigma?
i didnt know anything of it untill the film.but the more you look the more you find 23...... i live in the uk and when the earthquake in feb happened the time was 12.56(00.56)12+5+6=23
i know that if you look harder enough you'll find 23 in most things, but 23 keeps coming up.do you think 23 is just a freak of a number like the number 9?
i suppose its like trying to find a face in the coulds,wall paper.if you look you will find.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

Well, the authors of the Old and New Testaments took it seriously; 23rd psalm etc.

23 represents the super-numary "hidden" letter of the Hebrew alphabet.

Theologically, it hidden prophecy, i.e., the hidden "23rd" chapter of the book of Revelation, etc.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
yea who knows, i see the number 26 everywhere, in absolutely the most obscure places, but it never seems like an accident as i always seem to notice it no matter how small it is on anything. i really have never been sure what to make of it.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Human gametes have 23 chromosomes each.
The Earth is tilted on a roughly 23 degree axis.
The 23rd pair of chromosomes determines biological sex in humans.
The 23rd element on the Periodic Chart is Vanadium, which is bright white, soft, and toxic.

www.squidoo.com...

the number "23" can also be found in tv-show LOST

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

You're just twisting those numbers to get 23. Sure you get 23 as an answer when you do it like that, but if you go 1+2+5+6 that obviously doesn't equal 23, neither does 1+2+56. 12+56 is way off 23 also.

I think you get what I'm saying.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
23 is a phenomenon equivalent to looking at clouds. in that you see what you want to. a number is designed as a placeholder for designation nothing more. anything otherwise is misdirection.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
When I do this: 12-5-6=1. I don't 23.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
My flat number is 23, and there are loads of people, who live in houses and flats numbered 23. I don't understand the significance of the number.

I lived in a flat that was numbered 7, and the number didn't hold any special significance there.

I don't get this numerology stuff. I find it perplexing.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaBears

In Numerology, the point is to reduce a set of numbers into a single digit. There are only two numbers that are not reduced further - 11 and 22. I don't know why that is... So, 12 would be reduced to 1 + 2

www.numerology.com

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Dont know if this thread is dead. Thought I'd post anyway. The meme that is twentythree will be more than familiar with those who have flirted around the counter culture over the years but like most would have arrived at this "thread in time" via William Burroughs, Robert Anton Wilson and 23skidoo. If you dont know who these people are then you have alot of catching up to do!

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I belive RAW mentions the # 23 as do Kiick and his allies in ''You are Being Lied To'' and ''Everything You Know is Wrong ''. This appears to be just amnother of those accept and move on or die trying to figure it out type things , ala Mothman.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
i lived in a house numbered 23, whilst living there my mother and father died. i saw things in the house that were unreal so i moved as far away as possible. The next i heard about it was that two people were killed in that house. iv never been near the house since.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The letters in my first name add up to 71, my middle to 65, and my last to 31. 7+1+6+5+3+1=23.

I'm not so much freaked out as I am really intrigued, I find it quite interesting.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
#23 worked for Pete Maravich and Michael Jordan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join