It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right To Life Historic Measure (that includes protection of every person from the time of fertilizat

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
For all those anti abortionist I have a couple of question for you

are you willing to open your doors and WALLETS for ever child born whom an abortion was a desire of the parent? Be that child sick, healthy beautiful, ugly mild mannered of psychotic -

Will you go to jail for the pain and suffering caused by the birth of an non-aborted child with incurable medical conditions? yes even the old watching someone die from cancer and keep free of pain by massive amounts of morphine which leaves the in a vegetated state is NOT an nice experience for the victim or the family.

Finally - where are the natural resources coming from for the support of these humans?

you fight for life but not willing to sustain it you'd rather that life be one of misery and torture.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor
This amendment is stupid. By defining a "person" as a fertilized cell, do they know what kind of Pandora's box they'll open? If a woman has an egg fertilized, but it never implants in the uterus, she would be flushing "human" remains down the toilet.

Which means ANY woman who takes the pill, depro-vera or the IUD will be breaking the law as they can prevent implantation of a zygote.

Not only are the trying to make abortion a crime.. they're trying to make taking contraception one as well.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by riley]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by puzzled2

That's what crisis pregnancy centers are for.

I used to work at one.
Now, I have three children of my own, but I still give my $$$

[edit on 31-5-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
As I said earlier 4 out of 5 fertilized ovum spontaniously abort or fail to implant. The abort is often from some defect. So virtually every woman aborts a number of times before she ever has a successful implantation of the ovum.

Will all women be guilty of manslaughter?

Who will be monitoring all the uterii for violations? The pelvic police?

No one in their right mind wants some sicko fanatic cleric monitoring their woumb on behalf of the state.

If you are truly a holy man, get out from between the young girls legs.
You have no business there! Go pray for enlightenment.

Metaphysican, heal thyself!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

It's not the same.....
I'm sure I don't know the guidelines in the proposed legal change, but, I'm sure they're not stupid.

I had a miscarriage, it's not the same as a real abortion AT ALL.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

What happens to the kids the mum there would you like to guess at how many pregancy crisis centres there would be if no abortions ever happened anywhere in the world?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

..not to mention all the unplanned pregnancies resulting from not being alloud to take the pill. I'd like to know.. are people who support this bill are ok with the pill being banned?

[edit on 31-5-2008 by riley]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Probably not enough!
Not many people outside of churches even give time or money to crisis pregnancy centers. Most just close their eyes and ears......
Contraception is good, sometimes. I had the depo shot before .....
I was already married.

So many, though just want to have a good time and cross their fingers that they don't get in trouble for fornication.
Do you REALLY think that's an option?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by Cyberbian

It's not the same.....
I'm sure I don't know the guidelines in the proposed legal change, but, I'm sure they're not stupid.

I had a miscarriage, it's not the same as a real abortion AT ALL.

Well let's see - I've had a miscarriage - 2 kids - an abortion - was raped by an ex-boyfriend (no pregnancy) - and someone I was close to attempted to molest my daughter.

So I feel my contributions to this discussion are valid.

MY CHOICE. NOT THE GOVERNMENTS.
NO RELIGION IN GOVERNMENT.
NO BACK ALLEY QUACKS.

DO WHAT YOU FEEL IS RIGHT - STAY OUT OF MY RIGHTS.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

We have no right to kill the innocent.
Believe it.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I know this will be unpopular but so what. I agree with Clearskies.

Women do have the right to control their body. Having a surgical procedure is not controlling your own body thats a Doctor controlling your body.

The time to control your body is BEFORE you get pregnant. That goes for men to. In the case of incest and rape - we should use judgment - its not easy. But I think a persons right to live outweighs someones right to have sex.

The problem is really promiscuity and fornication. And yes you are murdering innocents for your pleasure.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Believe it.

THAT is YOUR belief. You DO NOT speak for me or my belief (which I posted in an earlier thread).

Personal Choice.
Personal Belief.
Personal Responsibility.

Stay out of my Rights. (And don't bother with the "child's" right. I already explained that in my belief up thread)

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Believe it.

We have no right to be denied permission over our own body. It is a choice, and a very serious yet needed choice. It is not to be used as a contraceptive, and without it the amount of infant murders, dumpster babies, and botched home abortions would be through the roof. Think of the emotional damage of a home abortion gone wrong yet the baby lives physically and mentally deformed because the mother wasn't allowed to get a medical abortion.

I do think there should be a limit on abortions to curb the blatant over use of it though. There is no reason someone needs six abortions... One is possible, Two is the limit, Three you go to jail for capital murder.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadline527

reply to post by Annee

Believe it.

We have no right to be denied permission over our own body. It is a choice, and a very serious yet needed choice. It is not to be used as a contraceptive, and without it the amount of infant murders, dumpster babies, and botched home abortions would be through the roof. Think of the emotional damage of a home abortion gone wrong yet the baby lives physically and mentally deformed because the mother wasn't allowed to get a medical abortion.

I do think there should be a limit on abortions to curb the blatant over use of it though. There is no reason someone needs six abortions... One is possible, Two is the limit, Three you go to jail for capital murder.

REALLY!

And how many times have you been in the position that you have to make a choice?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Once, although on the male end of things. And it was an extremely serious choice in my life and I don't think I will ever forget it. It will never happen again either.

If I was a lady I would be even more animate about it, because it would be inside me then. The hell if the government has ANY say in the matter if that was the case, it would be my own body and never will they have dominion over that. As a male I can accept the fact that if the lady wants, we have no say in the matter unfortunetly. But, in the case of this, women shouldn't have to listen to anyone but their hearts.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by deadline527]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadline527
reply to post by Annee

Once, although on the male end of things. And it was an extremely serious choice in my life and I don't think I will ever forget it. It will never happen again either.

I will never forget my decision either.

BUT - I had the RIGHT to make that decision. I will fight anyone who tries to take that RIGHT away from all and any woman.

. . . and being over 60 - I know the days before women had this right.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Nighthawk
So you don't consider rape or incest to be deciding factors?

Tough question.

But is it the child's fault? Why is it the the child has to make the ultimate payment?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
By all means control your bodies then!!!!

Controlling your body means not having sex and getting pregnant. Having a Doctor rip a living baby out of you and kill it is not YOU controlling your body but you allowing a Doctor to control that babies body.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by puzzled2
are you willing to open your doors and WALLETS for ever child born whom an abortion was a desire of the parent? Be that child sick, healthy beautiful, ugly mild mannered of psychotic -

I already am.

There are child drop off programs for mothers who don't want their children. There is public health care for those children that are born with defects. An unwanted child, if the mother gives him/her up at birth becomes the ward of the state and I will and have been gladly paying for that because it is a better option than being torn apart.

A mother in the United States can give up her newborn child, whether the child has been born perfect or not, with no questions asked at full expense of the taxpayer.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
By all means control your bodies then!!!!

Controlling your body means not having sex and getting pregnant. Having a Doctor rip a living baby out of you and kill it is not YOU controlling your body but you allowing a Doctor to control that babies body.

If that's how you believe - then don't do it.

But those are your beliefs.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join