It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virgin Births???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
How the heck are virgin births possible???

you could be A sexual OR a hybrid...

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
they arent possible thats why they have never happened as far as i am concerned...well unless you're talking about the virgin mary...But other than that i am not sure ive heard of a virgin birth

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
you don't have to actually have to have sexual intercourse or lose your virginity to get pregnant or give birth i.e artificial insemination
I think you mean immaculate conception, like the virgin mary type of thing,
other than the in the bible I have never heard of real cases of immaculate conception.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
In cases of parthenogenesis (virgin birth), an ovum starts to divide by itself without fertilization, producing an embryo in which the paternal chromosomes may be replaced by a duplication of maternal ones. This asexual reproductive method is rare among warm-blooded vertebrates but more common among invertebrates ...

There is some evidence, however, that natural parthenogenesis does occasionally occur in humans. There are many instances in which impregnation has allegedly taken place in women without there being any possibility of the semen entering the female genital passage. In some cases it was found either in the course of pregnancy or at the time of childbirth that the female passages were obstructed. In 1956 the medical journal Lancet published a report concerning 19 alleged cases of virgin birth among women in England, who were studied by members of the British Medical Association. The six-month study convinced the investigators that human parthenogenesis was physiologically possible and had actually occurred in some of the women studied

Virginal reproduction

Originally appeared in: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
wow, pisky. way to prove em wrong with some intelligent research

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 06:01 AM
link   
There have been cases where a doctor had to break the hymen as a women went into birth also.

Of course, the hymen is no barrier to sneaky, sneaky sperm and accidents happen in "heavy petting."

So technically one may be a pregnant "virgin"... I've got some experience with this concept, so I know what I'm talking about, but am reluctant to share here.

Okay, I confess... I'm the Messiah.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Parthogenic births, by the way, would be a type of cloning/twinning. The baby will *always* be female.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Great info, Pisky!
Some very interesting stuff in there.

lol RANT

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
ok this sounds like an urban legend, but its not. tell me if im graphic, i dont mean it to be, this isj ust a weird situation.

a friend of mine was at the movies with her boyfriend...they...errr...uhhh.....fooled around a bit, doing things involving his hands down her pants...ok ok you get what he did.

and.....wa bam!

9months later shes got a baby!

how did this happen???

somehow, the boyfriend had some of his *fertilizing juices* (sperm, for yall that dont like metaphors) on his hand that had not yet died.

and once again, wa bam!!!!!!!

i know this isnt what youre talking about really, but she was a virgin, and still had ababy.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
ok this sounds like an urban legend, but its not. tell me if im graphic, i dont mean it to be, this isj ust a weird situation.

a friend of mine was at the movies with her boyfriend...they...errr...uhhh.....fooled around a bit, doing things involving his hands down her pants...ok ok you get what he did.

and.....wa bam!

9months later shes got a baby!

how did this happen???

somehow, the boyfriend had some of his *fertilizing juices* (sperm, for yall that dont like metaphors) on his hand that had not yet died.

and once again, wa bam!!!!!!!

i know this isnt what youre talking about really, but she was a virgin, and still had ababy.

Wow. Thats a long shot. Id say its possible though. However, sperm cells die very very quickly after ejection from the male body. Its hard to believe that they would survive long enough for this to happen.

A reeeeally long shot, but not impossible. I would say those two werent being entirely honest about things though, if it were up to me.

Excellent reading on Parthenogenesis, BTW, Pisky. I vaguely recall hearing about it before, but I passed it off as someone being full of # and never researched it further. Excellent info.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Crazy, but I dont see why it wouldnt be possible though.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Most sperm die instantly on contact with air. To survive extended periods on a person's fingers would be highly improbable. The only way for this to happen would be if he ejaculated and immediatly, well.... this is getting a little too much.

As for the Virgin Mary, one interpretation is that she wasn't a virgin. At that time, 'virgin' also meant someone who was still unmarried - not in the sexual sense as we know it today.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
that aint possible. whered you come up with something like this?

if it did happe n for real thatd be the wierdest thing on earth

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   

that aint possible. whered you come up with something like this?

if it did happe n for real thatd be the wierdest thing on earth

It is possible.. it has been explained above.. If you had bothered to read any of the information posted for you, you'd realise this...

Chris

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
err. I think we are forgetting something. Artificial Incemination? Or Incemination? U can be a virgin and have that done.

top topics

join