It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange holes appearing out of nowhere

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Has anyone seen the last Fantastic 4 movie? It may sound dumb, but the holes remind of the holes the silver surfer made. Does anyone know how deep they are?

Can't get hold of Silver Surfer at the moment dude but my boy reckons they're very deep he's seen the movie at least ten times.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
With all the nuclear tests the Russians have conducted in the area, maybe the holes are created by a giant mutant mole of godzilla proportions.

There's no doubt a simple explanation behind them all.

Here's an interesting website I came across about the worlds biggest and deepest holes.

www.listropolis.com...

www.sreedhara.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
With all the nuclear tests the Russians have conducted in the area, maybe the holes are created by a giant mutant mole of godzilla proportions.

There's no doubt a simple explanation behind them all.

Here's an interesting website I came across about the worlds biggest and deepest holes.

www.listropolis.com...

www.sreedhara.com...

The sinkhole is guatemala - could you imagine falling into that abyss!? Yuk.

Apparently three people have tried it (unfortunately). I wonder how deep it goes.

[edit on 16-11-2008 by Jinni]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Lol kindred maybe soo...

This one from your link left me in Awe but worried to, it is bigger than some of the surrounding mountains!!

This is supposedly the largest man-made excavation on earth. Extraction began in 1863 and still continues today, the pit increasing in size constantly. In its current state the hole is miles deep and 2.5 miles wide.

WoW what are we doing to the earth eh...

On the link the quote about the glory hole, well I never knew that Ive only ever heard the expression somewhere else before... and its not for posting here!!

Kind Regards.

Elf

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
reply to post by kindred

Lol kindred maybe soo...

This one from your link left me in Awe but worried to, it is bigger than some of the surrounding mountains!!

This is supposedly the largest man-made excavation on earth. Extraction began in 1863 and still continues today, the pit increasing in size constantly. In its current state the hole is miles deep and 2.5 miles wide.

WoW what are we doing to the earth eh...

On the link the quote about the glory hole, well I never knew that Ive only ever heard the expression somewhere else before... and its not for posting here!!

Kind Regards.

Elf

Funny how some people would 'move mountains' just to make money.

That is a diamond mine.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Does anyone know the actual Islamic context of those Creatures under the ground are they worm like?

Elf.

I'll read up on it to refresh my memory. be right back

It seems from my understanding they are people that were corrupt in the past. And some people created a very strong barrier to keep them away from the rest of the world. Some sort of huge strong wall, made out of metal, in between two mountains?

Anyway it seems wherever it is, it's somewhere where they are trapped, it probably has a lot of space, because it seems after hundreds of years, there is going to be a LOT of them after their population has increased, (so they need space for that
) and one day the wall will eventually be broken after hundreds years of slowly trying to dig through it, but it does say they come from all directions? so who knows where this wall is. Then you run for your lives haha.

None of it easy to be clear on thou. There are many different views and ideas, it makes it impossible to really know. I'm gonna forget about it lol.

It's interesting but I'm pretty sure it's not related to this thread now. It's too confusing.

[edit on 16-11-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Does anyone know the actual Islamic context of those Creatures under the ground are they worm like?

Elf.

I'll read up in it to refresh my memory. be right back

While you do that look at this:

"When Jesus, peace be on him, prays against them, Allah will send a kind of worm in the napes of their necks, and they will be killed by it."

Sound like some awesome scene out of an Aliens movie but entirely possible if you look at what goes on in the insect kingdom

Sourced from:www.islamawareness.net...

[edit on 16-11-2008 by Jinni]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

Yeah I was thinking it could be some sort of virus or disease or something too.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinni

Funny how some people would 'move mountains' just to make money.
That is a diamond mine.

No its not a diamond mine. That is Kennecott Copper Mine

Kennecott Copper Mine, the world's largest man-made excavation and first open-pit, is located 28 miles southwest of Salt Lake City. 2 ½-miles across, and ¾-mile deep, the mine is so big, it can be seen from space shuttles in outer space.

www.utah.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
satellite with a laser beam? yea, thats a stretch.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
the mine rescue team i was a member of has been called out on holes just like these in Calif.
out here the reporter covering the story will call them mine shafts even though they are in old farming areas and there was never any mining within 50 miles.

They are old hand dug water wells.

Many after they are no longer used were covered with planks and dirt and then forgotten.
Years later the wood rotted and collapsed.

These wells most likely date from before WW2 and after the Germans over ran the area and the Russians took it back the original people from the area most likely never survived or never returned and someone covered the wells to keep animals or people from falling in.

The area is now overgrown with trees and scrubs but if you were to run a metal detector over the area i will bet you will find signs of someone living in the area years ago.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

ANNED thank you,

Did they look just the same then?

I mean soo smooth? and regular and precise they seem to manufactured or artificial to me for that though it seems to make sense as well...

mmm

Elf.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by governmentsecrets
satellite with a laser beam? yea, thats a stretch.

Stretch huh? What's a 'stretch' is how little you know about the real world... considering the nick name you use... or are you an agent

SBL Martin - Marietta (Space Based Laser)

TRW Directed Energy Weapon (Particle Beam)

Here is the power core of the Alpha High Energy Laser (HEL)

Megawatt class power levels were first achieved by the Mid-Infrared Advanced Chemical Laser (MIRACL) originally sponsored by the Navy, later by DARPA, and then by BMDO. Because the design was intended for sea level operation, the MIRACL laser does not achieve the optimum efficiency necessary for space-based operation. DARPA launched the Alpha laser program, with the goal of developing a megawatt level SBL that was scaleable to more powerful weapon levels and optimized for space operation. In this design, stacked cylindrical rings of nozzles are used for reactant mixing. The gain generation assembly achieves higher power by simply stacking more rings. In 1991, the Alpha laser demonstrated megawatt class power levels similar to MIRACL, but in a low pressure, space operation environment.

SOURCE

The NAVY, the OTHER space program

Here is the focusing mirror... 4 METER Diameter (12 ft)

Large Advanced Mirror Program (LAMP)

To demonstrate the ability to fabricate the large mirror required by an SBL, the Large Advanced Mirror Program (LAMP) built a lightweight, segmented 4 m diameter mirror on which testing was completed in 1989. Tests verified that the surface optical figure and quality desired were achieved, and that the mirror was controlled to the required tolerances by adaptive optics adjustments. This mirror consists of a 17 mm thick facesheet bonded to fine figure actuators that are mounted on a graphite epoxy supported reaction structure. To this day, this is the largest mirror completed for use in space.

SOURCE

One of the smaller models was on display at a convention... the following pictures were snapped by a spy cam

Deployment schedule...

Now then... you were saying? And I didn't even show you the Neuron Particle Beam yet

...---...

[edit on 17-11-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

Apparently it's 100 metres deep. Quite scary when you think about it. Just how many of our homes are situated above a sink hole.

The rupture was caused by the underground stormwater drain system which opened a huge sinkhole.

Where's my house!

news.nationalgeographic.co.uk...

en.wikinews.org...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anomic of Nihilism
Hi there.

I remeber an extremely interesting thread back in '07 about this.

I shall copy and past it here for ease of reading, as i feel it deserve to be in the 'flow' of this thread, (and the fact that many might miss this link amongst the others.

Cheers

you'll have to visit the ORIGINAL THREAD for the active links

Credit to relu84

Before I get to the psychic and his visions, an introduction to Zdany and holes in ground.

1. Zdany, Poland
ufoevidence.org...
One of the best UFO photographs ever taken and a well documented observation. I suggest you read about it on the page linked above.

2. Holes in ground
Recently, a few articles popped up describing odd holes in the ground. They look like being drilled, with high precision, and no ground around the hole. The holes are up to 12,5 meters deep! Here are two examples (articles in Polish): www.nautilus.org.pl... and www.nautilus.org.pl...

3. The Psychic
Polish psychic, Krzysztof Jackowski, is widely known in Poland for his help in finding missing persons. He is often asked for help by police and families of the missing ones. He helped in such cases hundreds of times and his popularity even hurts his health - so many people ask for his help.

As a friend of the Nautilus Foundation's owner, he was asked to take a look at the pictures from Zdany.

And here the story begins.
video.google.com...
video.google.com...

Again, it's all in Polish, but it still should be entertaining to see a psychic work.

What's so amazing about it?
The first thing he says after touching the Zdany pictures was "a screw". Pretty odd thing to say about a UFO, right?
Then, he is given other pictures of a similar object, taken elsewhere in Poland. He says something about a church, a nun, who is afraid and wishes to keep her personality hidden. But that person couldn't allow these pictures to dust somewhere no one will ever see them, so she decided to send them to the Foundation, but write an anonymous letter, signed "Zygmunt SOUL". The last name surprised the psychic, but these details aren't relevant right now

Then, a very shocking thing - mr Jackowski again says "a screw". Now, he gives more details - this object is flying out from a very large object, very far away. It is a drone, unmanned aircraft, which is searching for potasium rich ground... and it drills holes in the ground and places something at 5 meters deep. He described this something as "storing genetics", and the object itseld as "interferer". Then, he said that this is done as preparation for something that is going to happen soon.
He was very schocked all the time, believing he was talking BS, but then he was told we have found these holes all over Poland and in other places in Europe, he couldn't believe it! When asked who is sending these drills, he only said "millions" and had no idea what it meant. Millions of people? Millions of alien races?

There is also one video which was not shown by the Nautilus Foundation - they wish to investigate it first, before releasing it to the public. It sucks for us, but I believe this decision is right - too much info at once could cause trouble (what if we could summon these objects? too many people would try that and... perhaps make the visitors reluctant to show themselves again).

The Foundation found the place the psychic told about in the vision - the monastery. They are on their way to this place right now. Also, the psychic said something about ruins of an old castle near the area, where these objects are visiting for a very, very long time.

Cheers

AoN

[edit on 31-5-2008 by Anomic of Nihilism]

I think this post was amongst the most interesting ones. Food for thought.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I haven't posted here in a while but I thought I would ask if anyone has figured out if the holes originally discussed were determined to be man-made or not. I know that here in Alaska these kinds of holes have been dug all over the place to study the geology of this area (in interior alaska) and many times they are dug to search for gold. My hometown in Interior Alaska (about 20 miles out of town actually) is where the gold rush kicked off up here in the interior generations ago.

But these days alot of the more advanced mineral exploration is conducted using aircraft with an array of instruments to look for consistencies and possible high value areas. They commonly use things like ground penetrating radar and magnetometers but there are always breaking new technologies coming on the scene. Most companies involved in this kind of advanced mineral exploration don't do this kind of prescribed digging until after the area has already been determined to be of high value potential. They then dig the holes to be used for geophysical testing of the subsurface at specific locations.

The only other place i could think of where this kind of hole would be dug is in Northern Alaska where BP and other big oil companies have oil exploration teams. These teams are basically vehicle convoys fitted with tank treads to traverse the tundra. They spend weeks at a time out in the middle of nowhere. My stepdad used to work as a cook for one of these BP exploration crews. These teams travel over the tundra in a basic grid pattern, they drill holes of a precise depth, and they detonate precise amounts of explosives in the holes. The shockwaves and how they act underground are digitally recorded using a variety of different instruments. When they are done, they have a basic underground map that tells them where the highest potential for oil is.

But this usually takes place in remote areas where this kind of well-organised, spendy oil exploration is allowed by state and federal law.

About a hundred years ago, holes were dug in more or less of a predictable grid pattern around my home city. You can go hiking in the woods today and sometimes almost fall into these things. They are big though (some of them 4 and 5 feet wide and some of them are extremely deep. What is interesting is that these holes are all aligned in this grid pattern but I have never come across anyone who knows what they were dug for. These were most likely dug for gold exploration many years ago though.

-ChriS

[edit on 2-3-2009 by BlasteR]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Aliens taking soil/subsoil samples?? But that would be ridiculous IMO, this is way too big for a soil-sampling task.

Or this could be a weapons or advanced drill tool test of some sort. Maybe even coming from space(randomly trying to poke holes in the ground from space)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join