It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange holes appearing out of nowhere

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MASH_DADDY
Hahah!

Check out this comment by one poster below the article

"Comment by xyplex2
2007-05-24 04:20:49

Japanese orbital space lasers"

I always knew the Japanese would come back for vengeance!

I seriously believe these were not made by humans.. since no drilling tools, trucks, etc were even able to travel there. But then, how credible is this?

HOW many people here believe these were either done by some type of huge laser or plasma type of weapon? How do we know.. It could be all done by the Russian's themselves. How do we know they haven't got the technology? I know for sure that the U.S has already got laser weapons! How powerful though.. I'm not too sure.

Lets imagine it was a laser of some sort, can you imagine the power needed to make that thing dig a hole that size? crazy stuff.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
did anyomne think about the radioactive pollution in russia? could these be holes to monitor the underground progression of the contamination? i'm sure the subterrainian water and earth movements carry the radioactivity.
i have heard and seen documentaries that talk about the problems they had when they made their reactors, i.e.chernobyl
they didnt encase their reactors in concrete,which i have heard allows leakage,bad leakage. not only the land based reactors,but the ships the made nukes. i hear there are ports you cant go near because the ships are rotting and leaking radioactivity. so wouldnt this be a good way to keep track of the pollution?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I remember a story about 2 holes that were blown out of the ground in a place called "Lance Cove" on Bell Island in Newfoundland, Canada. I think it was on sightings years ago or some A&E in search of thing. Two balls of light that light the sky landed there and formed two holes about 2 feet or so around and to an unknown depth.

It was back when you'd think USA, Russian & Canadian military wouldn't be caught dead together that military reps from all three countries arrived to investigate.

Perhaps it was indeed russian military equipment that caused this phenomenon too.

Edited as I found the story... It was on BBC... See below!!!
See the whole video account at the below video: (Fast forward to about 2 minutes to see the lance cove / bell island story.
video.google.com...

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Atlantican]

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Atlantican]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by enigmania
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Well, if you're a hardcore gamer then you must know what I'm talking about when i say "emergence hole".

Btw, like your avatar.

[edit on 31/5/08 by enigmania]

Yeah call Fenix and Co. The Locust are here! Damn where's my Lancer?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Ok now seriously take a look at the game Gears of War for Xbox360.
There you got "emergence Holes".

Maybe maybe the bad alien dudes (reptilians, which I think look a lil bit like Locusts (the bad guys in Gears of War) who hang around in the underground cave systems are here to take over the entire world!!!! Or the needed some fresh air. Or the ordered a pizza. 3 Large pepperoni pizzas and a Coke. Yes ok 20 min. Take the 3. hole next to the big tree. Money is under the stone!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Devilnitro28

Yep, Gears of War was the the first thing that came to mind, when I read about these holes.
The Locusts also look pretty Reptillian, do you think Epic games based their stuff on the underground reptillian legends?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I wanted this to be another Mel's hole story. After looking at the picture though, it looks more like a small bore tunnel mechanism was used to test it's penetrating viability in the areas ground. The other possible scenario would be a dummy bunker buster was tested and retrieved by Russian helicopter leaving the result for others to stumble upon. Ground disturbance appears to be minimal, so the helicopter retrieval angle holds up.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Peepers]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I came across several other holes appearing in the world. From all the stories about holes in the earth, our planet has to be hollow or at least full of open subterranean caverns and caves for the surface to sink into.

Guatemala:

Russian diamond mine:

MUST SEE - Louisiana Sink Hole Drains Entire Lake

Mel Waters hole in ellersberg washington 1 of 15:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
There just holes from bombs during WW2. Thats the best explanation.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
FanTASTIC find!

These are pretty small holes by comparison of the larger ones in the videos above.

My first thought since the dirt was missing was someone's been taking core samples.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Alot of people keep saying core samples, This hole is much to big for that. I think we need to look at whats its not and then try to come up with a conclusion.
1. To big to be core samples.

2. Not a pot hole caused by water. ( this is not in mountain region)

3. Not An air shaft. (does not connect to underground system. it just ends.)

4. Nothing like mels hole. ( to small and has a bottom.)

5.Not A sink hole. ( the walls of hole are to hard and smooth.)

6. Not made by a conventional bomb or even a meteor.

So that leaves us with a few posiblities. But first i must say the moss around the edge is not an indication of age of hole. If it was down in the hole i could say that may make a difference but its not. So that leaves us with the question, What made this hole.The first problem is that we dont really know if there really is others or just false reporting.So we can only go with there only being one hole at this point. So maybe its an isolated event. possibly goverment testing of a laser or some type of partical beam. Or possibly alien doing's. We cant speculate to much on it without some witness or other evidence . I read a few post that suggest's the hole is concrete looking. I believe that there is ground in the earth that would appear to look that way but is really just very hard dirt. If we knew the exact location of this hole we could ggogle earth it and see what is around there. If im not mistaken, the article said moscow. A thought that i had was maybe this hole and others if there are others where missle launch sites at one time and where taken out and the holes left behind. You will ask then why not fill the holes back in. Well, if they where dug originally and the dirt was taken out or dispersed, then after abandoning these sites, they wouldnt have the dirt to fill them back up. And probably didnt have the money or resources To care at the time. So what if someone finds the holes, It wouldnt matter after the fact. Remember the collapse of the soviet union? Would have been a perfect time to gather up all there missles and any other projects of that time and take them to one location. As much as i want to believe there is more to it, i must think that there is an earthly explaination for it. And if it is some alien genetic project, then we better start keeping tabs on when and where this is accuring. Because it may not be friendly aliens doing it. I have never heard of aliens having weapons or over powering people with there strength so the way for them to get us will be through our minds and maybe even genetic alteration to kill us off. We always hear how aliens have rid themselves of all deseases. So they wouldnt introduce viruses into our world. That may be the reason we dont see them, they dont want to get sick from our world. On the other hand, lets assume they are friendly. Maybe seeding the earth with something to rid our planet of all deseases so they will be able to come here soon. Its all speculation but things to think about. Im still going with the missle theory.
Well still a good find and hope we can find more info soon. Peace out all

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

I don't feel like reading every post so somebody may have written about this already.

The US government, and quite likely some established Asian government with space programs (Russia, China, Japan) have a satellite weapon dubbed the "Rods from God". Essentially it releases a twenty foot long, two foot wide metal rod of depleted uranium which falls through the atmosphere back to Earth at about 36,000 mph. This comes with a trageting system attached, very similar to the guidance system for the MOAB bomb. It is quite likely that this devastating weapon has been tested in the rural forests of Russia because collateral damage on weapons testing there is minimal. Also, if we're going to test something like that, we might as well do it in Russia because if it goes bad, we don't kill any American civilians.

www.popsci.com...

That article will tell you about the system and what it does. Its pretty interesting and very likely capable of creating these very deep, short diameter holes in an area you cant get machinery too.

Whatya think?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Tunnel construction:
The techniques used for covert tunnel construction are very different than civilian tunnel construction. Covert tunnel construction makes use of a boring machine that actually melts earth and rock (by chemical valence disruption), thereby forming a glass like tunnel wall. This has several advantages over civilian tunnel boring methods. From the perspective of secrecy, the biggest advantage is that little or no waste material (rock, dirt, etc.) is produced by the boring process, thereby alleviating the need for above ground disposal sites. Another advantage is that tunnels can be bored through lose rock, sand, etc. or other locations that would be unsuitable for civilian boring methods (for instance, a river bed). Large underground cavities are also constructed using this technique.

Covert tunnel boring produces several phenomena that are detectable by surface observation. These phenomena are transitory, and will disappear shortly after tunnel completion. However the presence of these phenomena is unmistakable evidence that covert tunnel construction is taking place.

The method used to melt earth and rock employs electro-magnetic energy to disrupt the chemical bonds within the material. This method produces little or no heat as a by product of the melting process, and is therefore very stealthy. However it does cause the evaporation of water to take place at an accelerated rate. Since the method is electro-magnetic, there is a certain amount of "leakage" radiation, and this is detectable by the odd effect it produces on surface water. In particular, the water will appear to rise from the ground as wisps of steam, even though the ground is cold. This phenomena is very noticeable during rain storms on cold winter nights. The steam does not rise into the air, as it would if the ground was actually warm, but instead forms a layer just above the surface.

Another side effect of covert tunnel boring is a peculiar rippling in road surfaces. This rippling is very slight, and most noticeable while driving at highway speed (55 mph). It is more heard than felt. What sets this ripple apart from normal highway bumps and imperfections is it's consistency. Assuming a constant driving speed, the ripple is perfectly constant. In some cases, the rippled road surface will continue for several miles, without the slightest change in pitch or intensity.

The "cold steam" phenomena is only observable while covert tunnel boring is actually taking place. However the "road ripple" phenomena will persist for several weeks after covert tunnel boring is finished. These phenomena are best observed late at night.
www.geocities.com...

Because I believe a covert, underground, infrastructure (military) exists in Ellijay, Georgia, this site brought me back to reality....that I was Not crazy....that I was placed in the heart of it.............the rabbit hole.
www.abovetopsecret.com...' take the plunge

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Target practice by a air/space based energy weapon system. Early testing probably 70's.

Most likely the Russians test drilling for remote underground bunker building.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Maybe these holes were made by satellite weapons from space. Maybe they were testing a powerful laser from space? What do yall think?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Maybe these holes were made by satellite weapons from space. Maybe they were testing a powerful laser from space? What do yall think?

Heres my post 3-4 above yours.

I don't feel like reading every post so somebody may have written about this already.

The US government, and quite likely some established Asian government with space programs (Russia, China, Japan) have a satellite weapon dubbed the "Rods from God". Essentially it releases a twenty foot long, two foot wide metal rod of depleted uranium which falls through the atmosphere back to Earth at about 36,000 mph. This comes with a trageting system attached, very similar to the guidance system for the MOAB bomb. It is quite likely that this devastating weapon has been tested in the rural forests of Russia because collateral damage on weapons testing there is minimal. Also, if we're going to test something like that, we might as well do it in Russia because if it goes bad, we don't kill any American civilians.

www.popsci.com... (Link is in above posting)

That article will tell you about the system and what it does. Its pretty interesting and very likely capable of creating these very deep, short diameter holes in an area you cant get machinery too.

Whatya think?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
isn't this Galactus' Modus Operandi?!

=)

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by intelligent life

ya sounds great..that theory...but if something were to strike ANYTHING at 36k mph you really think it would carve a clean cylinder?!

please....

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
i have said it before - and has it hasnt sunk in < pun > i will say it again

the hole has all the characteristics of an OLD well or test hole thast has been aborted and abandoned

the claim that the spoil is absent , and that the location is inacesible - is just that

a claim - and one for which no evidence is offered

why is there not a photo of the surface area ?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
That is weird

no soil found from the holes? and noway to get there with a drilling vehicle? Now that is Strange hey are all the holes the same depth? and how many have been found? oh and one more thing do they make a patern when located on a map?

is this video for real?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join