It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange holes appearing out of nowhere

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Here in Interior Alaska I know we have intermittent holes that have been drilled by companies looking for gold over the decades and some of the holes are still in relatively good condition. You really gotta watch where you're going in some places out here in the boonies cause you can easily fall in and get injured. They are all different sizes and different depths. but are generally equidistant from one another and in a more-or-less grid pattern.

We also have all kinds of melting permafrost which can result in giant sinkholes like this one right here in Fairbanks..
www.livescience.com...

You can imagine what melting permafrost does to homes.. It's not good. I know people who've had to literally cut their homes in half and truck them to new locations due to the melting. The permafrost near the surface begins to melt which creates cavities in the ground which inevitably collapse and such homes in with them..

Some universities do drilling to find permafrost and see whether or not it is melting by running temperature analyses' using these "permafrost observatories". These holes can be anywhere from 100-200 feet deep. Kind of like this guy's research at the geophysical institute:
www.gi.alaska.edu...

Just tossing ideas out there..But knowing the location these holes are appearing at, it likely has permafrost as well.

-ChriS

[edit on 31-5-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
silver surfer anyone? haha

in all reality though, i agree with someone from a few pages up that i would like to know what the bottom is like, flat? smooth? another hole in south america? lol

EDIT - a little logic other than a one liner

[edit on 1-6-2008 by 2nd2no1]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
did anyone concider that this might be a core sample? if one would take a large core sample of the earth this would be the hole left behind.

Example

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
to add to previous points .

ok - this "story " has been repeated ad-nauseum , but we still have no details , why is that ???

a simple survery would be fast and easy to to - basic details like :

depth

diameter

eccintricity

taper

etc could be measured in minuites - where is the data

also - where are the holes - exactly ?

lastly - it is repeatedly claimed that the holes are innacessible and there is no sign of the spoil from them - but we never get to see an overview shot of the area why ? are the claimants hiding something ??????????

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
All I know is some crazy dude, or crazy alien dude is diggin deep holes in russias forests and leaving them empty, for now anyways

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
found this piece of weirdness, which is just pretty cool. don't know how much it adds unless it shows how much better the russian aliens are at making holes in the middle of nowhere.

i found this on russian holes in the ground , but little else.

Is it Mel's hole? Google that see what comes up. Located in WA.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
These holes seem rather vertical in general appearance compared to any sort of sinkhole. A mechanism of intelligent creation seems to have been used. This is not to imply anything esoteric though.

The Earth within the hole shows hard rock striations in some points and for some reason it looks like the walls have been subjected to a lot of heat. almost a burnished feel but not quite.

What bothers me is they have a picture from below to the sky but they don't have a picture of the bottom using a flash. Even if it was dull and boring, the bottom would seem to be a must have in the collection.

This is a curiosity that really has the ability ti contain some rather large implications when perceived from the Polish Psychic's point of view.
From a pragmatic approach to science and mining practices, this could be explained someday as mundane in it's nature. I'm gonna keep watch on it though because I like a good story with large implications

b

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 2nd2no1

Yeah I got the Fantastic four 2 movie with silver surfer connection to. wierd

reply to post by whatukno

A very good theary. One would thing well they take samples from humans, cows, water and why not soil? The big question is wheres the dirt? Did it get pulled out or pulled in was it vaporized or excavated? To many questions....

If I had the resorses I would go and investigate this but I don't so muh.

It kind of reminds me or the story of mels hole, sept these seem smaller. What ever those are they sure are inteseting but based on a quote and a few pictures its kind of hard to tell and as some said this is an old story. Surley they have had to make some kind of conclusion by now.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Ok just a thought but what about some sort of impact point for some sort of technology testing like scalar weaponry and what not. Also it kind of reminds me of the pisco valley holes in peru which i don't believe were ever explained.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Perhaps that is where the lost socks go from the washing.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by EternalThought

Originally posted by pieman
found this piece of weirdness, which is just pretty cool. don't know how much it adds unless it shows how much better the russian aliens are at making holes in the middle of nowhere.

i found this on russian holes in the ground , but little else.

Is it Mel's hole? Google that see what comes up. Located in WA.

Who is Mel?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
did anyone concider that this might be a core sample? if one would take a large core sample of the earth this would be the hole left behind.

Example

Also the thread heading refers to holes, i can only see one hole. Where is evidence of others. I agree that this is a one off core sample hole.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
so far, to my mind, it looks like some guys took some photos of themselves going down a hole somebody made ten years ago for mining or drilling or whatever, posted them on the net and someone else attached a crazy story to them.

the hole looks man made, it is old, the photos are aimed at showing the guys were in the hole, they are not documenting the hole. these guys clearly didn't find lots of holes and only take photos of one. there is no other info online about this or others of the same type.

IMHO, the hole is real but the story attached is bs.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by pieman]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
How deep are these holes generally? That's also a pretty important piece that we haven't discussed yet is it not?

I noticed that some of them are large enough for people to fit inside. here in alaska, like I said in my last post, some researchers drill these holes as permafrost "observatories" so that they can examine the permafrost, take temperature readings, etc.. Similar size I guess but not so sure about depth? Some of these permafrost observatories are around 100-200 ft. deep.

Just wondering how deep some of them are in comparison.

-ChriS

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Everyones talking about the US Government maybe testings things, what about the Russian Government, would make more sense. I don't think we can honestly consider mining shaft collapses etc, because the holes in Russia are simply too perfect to be a mining collapse.

Some sort of Core sample maybe? I mean we don't know how long these holes have been there. Maybe the start of some tunneling experiments or something during the cold war that got abandoned?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg
We believe the mine shaft in this area was a Turquoise mine and it's not too far from a big copper mine that's still in operation.

what?

a turquiose mine?
turquoise is a color, not a precious metal....

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
turquoise , its both a colour AND a mineral - like gold or silver , google is your friend

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I dont know whether this was mentioned though this case is very strange. My opinion is that something far more intelligent than humans sucked something out of that hole. Perhaps a tree thats been there for quite some time. I know a tree's roots borrow down few hundred feet.

Could Aliens:

A) Use there technology to extract core samples of the earth.

B) Extract a tree for there research

We have Aliens abducting humans for research purposes (Whether or not true there is definitely numerous cases of Alien Abductions). Could it be a possibility that an alien life form was the cause of these mysterious holes?

What puzzles me is that these are in remote locations and very difficult for heavy human machinery to get to also we would need trucks to dispose or collect the remains of what was in the hole. So people in the surrounding area's would notice alot of heavy machinery around that area.

I hate not knowing. I might apply for a job at the CIA.....lol

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Really Interesting Thread!

The video from Washington state showing the earth bored and moved close by seems the most unexplainable, whilst looking for what else has been disapearing in strange circumstances as well as bits of earth I found something interesting about olives last month in Australia,

heres the thread as weird as this:

Olives Missing Tonnes of Them!

Kind Regards,

Elf.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join