It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Help Help - Xbox 360 question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Help Help Help - Xbox 360 question

Xbox 360 makes a horrible grinding noise when gaming disc is inserted. Not sure what the problem might be. I took the console apart and saw that the magnet inside the DVD drive was stuck to the top of the casing.

I super-glued magnet back into it's appropriate place. Easy fix - but grinding noise continues. I was seriously considering purchasing another DVD drive later on down the road but it's not all that simple in terms of just taking one drive out and putting a new one in. I have to flash the old drive before I can get the new one to work. I'm somewhat computer saavy but this scenario is outta my league. Don't want to lose this console due to something that can be easily fixed. To late to send it in for repairs - not that I would have anyway. I've heard and read stories about it being a rip off in the long run.

Any advice anyone can shed on this situation will be greatly appreciated.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDayAfter

Well, My first obvious question is why did you not return it to the store?

Was it too long since you bought the X-Box 360?

What about the warranty?

I know, I know, silly questions. :bnghd:

Being that you've cracked open the case, obviously it's too late to send it to Microsoft to repair. I am not a computer genius nor a game system expert, but from your description so far of your McGuyver repairs
, the magnet may not have been the only problem with it, if it's still making a grinding noise.

Not laughing at you either there, more at My silliness with the MsGuyverism comment.

Comment back and I'll see what you and I might figure out through our communications.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Yea, what SKL said, 360s break down like clcockwork, so you should have sent it back right away...

is this just a grinding noise, or is the disc actuely bing scratched?

I have had grounding noises when i try to have the Xbox vertical, but when it lays flat on the ground, everything is fine...

new topics

join