It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Vivid/realistic dream....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I didn't know where to post this because I "hope" it isn't a prophecy. I have twice had EXTREMELY vivid dreams about violent events approx 2 weeks before occurence , first starting with the Challenger accident at the age of 9. When I told my mom she said it was only a bad dream and not to worry about it. She said it was probably just my obsession with NASA and the space program at the time. 2 weeks later the Challenger blew up EXACTLY as I had seen it in my dream, EXACTLY AS I HAD DESCRIBED IT WITH THE 2 BOOSTERS RISING LIKE HORNS...etc.. My mother was obviously shaken and never talked about it. I have never had any other dreams like it except for small things that could be chalked up to DE Ja VU. But 2 nights ago I had a dream that was IDENTICAL in lucidity and reality to the shuttle dream. I AM a military buff tho I was dropped from the Navy for bad knees during MEPS. I do play military games, first persons, real time strategies and research all things mlitary. However when I normally dream it NEVER comes into play. UNTIL now. This dream had me as part of an actual U.S. Army squad being deployed from a stryker vehicle in a town that looked mideastern. I can remember the conversations and feelings between me and my squad mates to this day. We began a patrol and we came under fire from people with AK-47's and me and the squad returned fire. I remember getting hit in the vest and blacking out. Then I awoke. This was AS vivid as the Challenger dream and scares the living s*** out of me. I have ALOT of friends over there. However I had not had ANY shows, games, or interactionwith anything military for 3 weeks prior to this. Not to mention I could sense myself at least 10 years older. I AM an open minded person, though an agnostic, but I have seen TOO much to dismiss this. I can remember this, TO DETAIL as I can my Challenger dream. I have NEVER BEEN on active duty bor had ANY tours or visits to the middle east, but this still sticks with me. I wanted to get this out there because I honestly don't know whether this is just subconcious games or that thing that happened when I was 9. I t was all in first person perspective also.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Your story is certainly of great interest to me.While I don't believe I have ever had any truly prophetic dreams, I am affected by a certain feeling of Deja Vu every once in awhile,small things that I know I've dreamed about before.Like brushing my hair, or being at coffee with a friend.I'm not sure if you had a question concerning this subject besides getting this off your chest.Though don't be discouraged, I feel that there is some merit to these kind of dreams.Though if these dreams have something to do with you, it is in your power to change them.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
My ONLY worry is that this dream was AS extreme and vivd as the last major time I had something like this......I dunno
If you have evr seen that U.S> Army comercial about the kids playin a first person shooter then the soldier on the game turns around and says" you like to play these types of games?"....that was about the same vividness as that.Not to mention I was REALISTICALLY aware of my armor, wepoan and looking down the sight and shooting and hitting people before I got shot.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by djvexd]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
If this is what I think It could be could we be conscripted and deployed?...I think that is my concern.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Well, look at it this way.You are currently not deployed, and are free at this point.Even if it comes to be that you are placed in that situation, you'll know what to look for.If you remember where you got hit, wear extra kevlar in that area
.Though to be completely honest, premonitions don't always come to pass.Perhaps the Columbia was a true prophetic dream but this dream is not. ^^

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
rgr that....this was just TOO real....I hope so. I just don't want those types of dreams EVER!
that dream has stuck with me for 22 years. I can give details as with this new one.BTW I DO NOT claim to be a clairvoyent or anything else.. just reporting what has happened. nothing more.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Hello, I just wanted to offer a different perspective, as in dream interpreting, could be that you shouldn't take the dream as literally as you have, instead take the meaning of dreaming about war, and see if it could possibly apply to you and your life. Here is the interpretation for dreaming about war:

To dream of a war, signifies disorder and chaos in your personal affairs. You also be experiencing some internal conflict or emotional struggle. You are feeling torn between aspects of yourself. Perhaps the dream may indicate that you are being overly aggressive or you are not being assertive enough.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

you know what that DOES make sense....without getting into my personal life it DOES make sense. But this IS the exact same TYPE of dream as I have had when things happen.Although I can say when they so hapen they NEVER involved me. You may be right my friend.....I do have alot of stress going on rt. now with culinary school and work and personal...it just scared the hell outta me.Bad thing is I ACTUALLY felt the impact of the rounds into my vest.
Although I did not wake up with marks or bruises...the impacts woke me up.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

Dreams can feel profound. I have had what I consider Premonitional dreams that did come true, but I have also learned that all my dreams are not neccesarily phrophetic, no matter how they affect me. On the other hand, a lot of people have been having dreams of war, and catastrophe, myself included, and my dreams have left me feeling that something horrific is going to happen in this world. I had a terrible dream about my niece and nephew, I dreamed that he killed her by accident, crushed her with his truck, it was awful! But the dream interpretation for this particular scenario is that I am dissapointed with her, or that I see something in her that I am missing from my own life. Her brother and I are very worried about her not maturing, not being responsible, not taking her job seriously, lately she is just messing up left and right, I guess I went to sleep with it on my mind. The interpretation makes sense, even the part that her own brother was driving the truck, that is my perception of his feelings towards her. Either way, it is up to you to decide if you may be interpreting the dream too literally, or if it is phophetic to you.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
rgr that...thanks for the reply...my "little" girl (11 years oldand MY WORLD) is a freqeunt star of my dreams.On the brink of being a teen...time to ready the AK-47 for the boys...lmao. Especially with my past indiscretions .(drugs and alcohol abuse) But have been sober for about 7 years now and this one just struck me.....hard. I dunno. I wanted to get into the military at 19 maybe I WILL finally get my wish. Just hope they take into account my back and knees...lol( not to make light of service)

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Maybe it wasn't you? Maybe you were viewing things through someone else's eyes for a while.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
THAT thought had crossed my mind but I ,in no way, have ever had any experiences like that.

new topics

top topics

join