It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBA Finnals Lakers V Celtics....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Here is a little Game 2 update, its halftime now...

The Lakers are getting HOSED on the calls... even the anouncers are having a hard time beliving this game is being reffed correct...

Kobes first 2 fouls are a joke.

Gasol is being hacked everytime he gets within 10 feet of the Rim...

Allen is smacking the hell out of Kobe and the refs swallow thier wistles...

Ariza came in early, and played good D, his offensive game is non-esistaint at this point...

When the celtics are up by 5 points, it seems they are up by 15...

Perice is playing out of his mind, i never knew he was this good/clutch...

Story of game 2 1st half, the refs are looking bad, REALY bad... totaly slanted towards Boston... there are calls where the same thing happens on each end of the court, and its a foul on the lakers on one end, and no call on boston...

At this point, we have some REALY bad refs, and some even worse calls...

The Lakers are not looking sharp, and the blown calls are taking them out of thier game... the lakers cant lose the Free throw battle 2-20...

Bostson thru the year has averaged FAR more fouls then this, and averaged more fouls then the Lakers, yet so far this has been reversed, but what has changed? Did all of bostons players overnight be better at not fouling, or are the refs holding thier calls becasuse of the home court???

The Lakers better get a 30+ margin on FT attempts in each LA game... this is inexcusible...

The Lakers bave to play better then perfect to win this....

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

TK, looks like 2-0 Boston... they just went up by 20 late in the 3rd... after a wide open Luke Walton missed jumper! I'm telling you he's not that good.

I will say those early fouls Kobe picked up were
!!!

It's ridiculous for the refs to call those kind of touch fouls... We want to see Kobe and the rest of the stars (KG, Odom, Ray, Pierce, Gasol) play not sit on the bench! :shk:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Well the lakers almost pulled out game 2...

They were down 24 with 8 mins left, and got it down to 2 pts before the celts made thier free throws...

Ive seen more from boston then i thought they had to give.

They blew the Lakers out in game 2, the Lakers played Horrible for 2 qurters....

Bostons bench has played great, and... well, what more can i say...

Boston held serve, they won the games on thier home court, now the Lakers HAVE to hold serve, and Win the next 3 at home...

The lakers realy screwed up these 2 game at boston...

But all in all, this series is LIVING up to expectaions...

I exepect my lakers to hold thier home court... and win all 3 LA home games... and then steal 6or7 at boston... I think that 1or2 would be eaiser to win... The Lakers are in a hard spot now.. I know boston only has held serve, but down 0-2 is hard...

It is realy going to hurt if the Lakers lose this... ive been so mad the last week SEEING EVERYONE pick the Lakers to win... its horrible... now the Lakers are losing, i hope everyone gets off the laker Bandwagon...

Hopefully now that the lakers are at home, they can have some of the questionable calls go thier way... and the Lakers play better at home, and havent lost thier in the Post Season...

Its weird, when the Lakers were making thier comeback, Boston just let it happen, and the Fans just took it, and they all were waiting for the dagger, they were ready to be depresed, and the Lakers just let them off the hook...

I also think that its going to be lame in LA though, if the Refs do the same thing they have been doing in Bos, but now only totaly favor LA, LA can win these 3 games... then boston for the last 2...

Is the league going to rig the finnals? Make it go 7 games? The Lakers were in the Penealty for almost half the game... it was bad basketball...

Where did Powe come from?

I week from now, the Lakers BETTER be up 3-2... or ill be in a not so good state...

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Powe is inconsistent. However, being a Seattle native and University of Washington sports fan, I remember when we played for the Cal Bears a few years ago. He was very highly touted in the Pac-10.

Whatever happened to Odom? Averaging 12 pts and 7 reb over the first 2 games isn't going to cut it.

MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS

OdomGM1 39 6-11 0-1 2-5 2 4 6 1 1 0 0 5 14

OdomGM2 32 5-11 0-0 0-0 3 5 8 2 0 0 2 5 10

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Powe is inconsistent because his minutes are inconsistent. He always step up. If he falls, then House or someone else fills the gap.

Phil and Kobe have no respect for the Celtics, imo. The attitude they gave off was one of city boy visits country cousin. Now Boston isn't LA, true, but our fans and teams are right up there with the best of them.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
OK... so game 3 tonight...

If the Lakers lose this one, i, along with the rest of the true LA Laker Fans, will be on suicide watch...

Perdiction, refs start to even the Score, lakers get a 20+ FT advantage, and win, and LA brings the series to 2-1

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Question: does the same team of ref's call all 7 games in the Finals? Or is there a "west coast" team as well as "east coast"?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The refs are supposly choosen at random...

They are picked out from the season, just the best (25%) or so...

So many times, when a group is thrown together, they have had no experince working a game together....

also, each ref is only supposed to work each series once...

Now for Game 3...

The Lakers started to get a few calls, they were out-foulded by boston for the first time, and had a advangtage on th FT's...

But the Lakers didnt play a good game... infact, both team pretty, muvh stunk it up...

Pretty much no one showed up last night to play... Paul Perice played horribly, Garrnet wasnt much better... Allen was the Only celtic to play huge....

And on the Lakers side... Only Kobe showed up out of the starters... and Sasha showed up too... thats it, just 2 players...

Odom and Gasol just disapeared... not a surprise when considering Odom, but Gasol has played great in the 2 previous game... and i expected him to dominate, and have a huge game, instead he gets less then 10pts...

This is realy turning into a series though...

Also, i am now happy that most of the National writers and commentators have jumped ship, and they are now saying the Lakers have no chance... this makes me happy...

The Lakers won last night, barely... i still think the Lakers will win... but this is WAY more of a series then i thought it was going to be...

[edit on 6/11/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Wow, so the was a fun game four eh? Curious as to how Lakers fans took that, as previously in another close game Celtics fans "just took it, and they all were waiting for the dagger, they were ready to be depresed, and the Lakers just let them off the hook..."

Not that I'm trying to gloat, as the series is far from over, although no team has come back from 3-1, but you never know. Excellent series so far and Lakers fans have no reason to feel bad (in a bigger picture way at least), they just mis-judged how good the Celtics are. This has been such a good series it's easy to forget the referee scandal that continues to build, I know there have been so complaints about the refs in this series. My feeling is that at least the game four outcome didn't seem to be caused by unfair calls.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I actually fell asleep right before the 1st half ended.
And woke up with 4 minutes left in the game. I missed the best part of the game (for a Celts fan, which I am) but at least got to see the ending.

Apparently Pierce on Kobe in the 2nd half was key. Outta sight!

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Pathetic....

Game 4 was pathetic....

Inexcusable...

Mabye, this is going to ignite a riverly, like when Bos won in '84, it started a riveraly, and then the Lakers won in '85 and 87, beating Boston both times...

These finnals arent over... but blowing a 24 point lead...

They sure feel done... the staple centers crowd stinks for playoff games...

teams are 0-28 in the finnals when down 3-1.... With Perice, Rondo, and Perkins all a little bit hurt, the Lakers can mabye surprise the world... now that EVERYONE has said that boston has won...

We need a miricle...

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I have heard the game announcers, and other sportscasters, call Kobe Bryant the best player in the game. I have even heard him be compared with Michael Jordan.

Sorry, but I have to strongly disagree. Don't get me wrong, Kobe's good, but if he's the best in the game right now, that only means that the talent pool is very very shallow. And Kobe is nowhere near MJ, or Magic, or Bird, or...

I am still refraining from predictions, but there is no way the Lakers can beat the Celts 3 games in a row, esp. when 2 games are in Boston. They don't have the horses.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Lakers win game 5...

Force game 6 in Boston...

Lakers look good, and VERY bad...

Celts look like they have lost perkins, that helps the Lakers...

All that matters now is taking Game 6. The Lakers have no answer for Paul Peirce, none... Phil refuses to play Ariza on him, and Walton and Radmanavic can't stay with him... Kobe gets tired if he has to chase Peirce around.

Rondo isn't playing major mins anymore... the Celtics are going to be a diffrent team in game 6 then in the first 3 at Bos... With Rondo limited, and Perkins out, 40% of the starting lineup is either inactive, or ineffective...

Losing perkins allows the Lakers to play small-ball, which has realy been good to them in the series, it also takes away Bostons size, and rebounding advantages, and made Phil go semi crazy and play Chris Mihm for 3 mins... Possibly mistaking him for Gasol, idk, honestly, why was he put in, Boston went on like a 10-0 run with him in the game...

The Celtics keep haveing huge runs where they just hit cltuch three's, and the Lakers just take bad shots... this happens several times a game, 8-0, 12-2, 10-0 runs...

I don't know how the Lakers have won 2 games... they have been outplayed consistanly... and after saying all that... lets go win game 6 in Boston...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Pierce had a good game. 48 minutes and 38 points. But Rondo needs a wakeup call - he passed up several easy shots in favor of the extra pass. I don't think Doc wants that.

Unfortunately, I missed the entire last part of the 4th quarter. Sounds like I missed some good ball.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Boston hade a hude run in the 4th...

Rondo is hurt, and he is realy playing limited, there was one part of the game where he blew by everyone and was under the basket with no LA defender near him, and he passed the ball out to the 3 point line... not a good dessicion...

Paul Perice is a beast. I realy didn't know this guy was this good. All these years, i knew he was good, i didn't realise that PP might be one of the best players of all time though.

He is the soul of that team, Garrnet wants nothing to do with crunch time, he isnt clutch. PP is clutch. Everytime Boston needs something PP comes thru. How is this guy not going to be on the Olymic team? I think PP is better then LeBron. The lakers simply cannot do anything to slow him down.

ALL SAID.

This isnt over. and if we have learned anyting these playoffs, it is:
A. Boston isnt exactly great in close out games
B. Garrnet is still playing like a scared girl in crunch time
C. The Lakers have the best player in the game

Combine those three things alone, and this series inst over.

That being said, the Lakers have played good this series for a total of mabye 3 quarters... they still don't have anyone to guard peirce, and they have several rotation players that have no buisness in this series. The Lakers still can win this, they are going to need people to step up off the bench (Farmar, Sasha) and they need thier big men to play perfect (Gasol, Odom), and Kobe has to be Kobe. When the team is in a funk, Kobe has to create on his own, when the Celts crash on kobe, Kobe has to become the distruibiter.

***Notes***

The Lakers might of finnaly found a lineup that kills Boston.

With a lineup of Farmar, Fisher, Kobe, Odom, Gasol, the Lakers are playing great. Farmar has the quickness to blow by any PG on the celtics right now, and this lets Fisher guard Allen, and Kobe on Perice.

Boston is killing themselfs with thier rotation. with a lineup like House, Allen, Perice, Posey, Garnet. The Celtics are giving up thier main advantage in size/rebounding, for a little better defender on Kobe. Also, with Rondo not in the lineup, the Celts don't have a real ball handler, and this helps the Lakers.

I think Bostons best lineup would be Rondo, Allen, Perice, Garnet and (Powe or Brown or perkins if healthy)

I expect the lakers to play MUCH better then the first 2 games in Boston, and better then they played in LA... thanks in large part to injuries... Losing perkins is the biggest thing that is going to help the Lakers, Rondo being slowed also gives a major advantage to the lakers... but will those 2 factors outweigh the celtics overall strangth, and the boldness of Paul Perice... we find out tommorow...

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Hmm... after the Celts won game two this doesn't really surprise me. But going into the series I would have thought Lakers in 6 or 7. As it turned out, Celts in 6!

Personally I hate the Celts but I like PP, KG and Ray. Good for them.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Basketball is a bore and means nothing to me now. At least the NBA is.

I've thought for a while that NBA games were fixed and now all of these stories and rumors coming out about it being true only fuels that.

I can't enjoy something that is fixed and pre-determined.

The NBA has the worst officiating of the four major North American sports, probably intentionally, and that really just creates too much frustration to actually enjoy the game.

Good for those teams that are favored in these pre-determined fixes. Unfortunately my team isn't one of them.

Sincerely,
A former NBA fan

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
What an incredible display of determination. The Celtics were not going to be denied last night. LA never had a chance, but then, I don't think any NBA team could have beat the Green last night.

Pierce has come into his own as a well-rounded player because of the rest of the team. There are no big egos on this team; they all play like a spoke in the wheel. And Doc Rivers has shown what he can do if given the tools.

Finally the 22 year drought is over, and next year should be another good one. Now we need to work on the Bruins.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
That was the biggest basketball beatdown, i have ever seen....

I mean, wow...

You earned it boston...

we will see you next year.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I didn't see any post-game interviews with the Lakers. Not to gloat, but I wanted to hear their reaction to the game.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join