It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police State freedom lost

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I had my birthday party today; had my children and grand -children over, we ate and had a good time. We started a campfire to make smores; we live in a rural town,own 2 acres of land. So a camp fire would not be unusual. Well, we had a visit from the state police for our campfire. we were told no fire at all. My name, age, and birth date was taken and our family was spot lighted in the back yard.The children were frightened . Our fire was burned out to a couple of hot glowing coals. It shocks me that we have so many police that they have time to investigate this. When they showed up our fire was was a almost gone. There is no dry problem, it has rained for 2 weeks, but we were spot lighted and reprimanded. I thanked the trooper and and apologized that he had to come when I was sure there was more important things for him to do. He said well I will not ticket you, but no fires at all. I guess that I have no rights and cops have a lot of time on there hands to police petty stuff.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by HEATHERTHOMSON911]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
That really sucks the state police showed up just to tell you that you cannot have a campfire on your own property... Surely he must have thought you were about to burn down the neighbour's barn or something?

I always thought someone not in a cite, COULD have a campfire on their own land, if they had enough. I know nothing of this though, so don't quote me on it. Or anything, for that matter.

new topics

join