It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please all present and future ATS members...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I am gonna post this and ask , not as an admonition but a plea. IF you have a video or even an EVP of something you DEEM paranormal and want to get people's advice on it, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, DO NOT post it on YOUTUBE or any of the other main video posting sites. As many of you have seen here, especially the newer members, if you do, in alot of our perspectives, it is automatically bunk or made up. Don't ask why, becasue each of us has as many varied reasons for this as the MSM. When you want to post something caught on tape,I ask ( not representing the website here) that you post it here for observation first so that it can be given a thorough analysis. By putting it on a major video website first you immediatley subject it to the HOAX judgement. I am a believer/skeptic , which means I will give the benefit of the doubt, until I see these things posted on a viral site. You have to understand that TRUE HOAXERS post thier goods there to get the uneducated masses to go OMG!!! If you are serious with your claim and want a true and open discussion of the evidence you have then let us look at it first. There WILL be absolute skeptics that will poo-poo it no matter what but you can remove a big obstacle by bringing it here first. Just a suggestion, happy hunting!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Well I can certainly understand why you would suggest this.Though I myself don't consider Youtube videos to be hoaxes on the premise of it being a youtube.I may be one of the few to do this,however.Where a video is posted doesn't matter much to me, it is the content that matters.I also understand that many people can be easily fooled by hoaxes so most will respond positively in favor of the video being real.I never read comments,because they are another person's opinion who may not know to put objectivity before the emotional response.

Though that being said, a user could very well just post favorable comments from multiple-accounts in order to support his hoax at nearly any video-hosting site that supports that functionality.Do you have an idea of what would be a more preferred video-hosting site?

[edit on 31-5-2008 by ~Waffles~]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Waffles~

You are absolutley right my friend. I just am addressing the alot of people who have very interresting footage, but chose to post it on video sites first. I am just trying to kick one leg out from under the concrete, "I SEE NOTHING!" skeptics this site seems to attract. I am all open for both sided debate and if something can be explained rationally it should. if it can't, it shouldn't be dismissed out of hand.I dunno I may be just getting tired of closed minded skeptics dismissing things BECAUSE they are posted on those sites, unfortunatley which ALOT of hoaxes are. I guess I am just trying to help a few of the newer members along and have them avoid the "YOU POSTED IT ON YOUTUBE YOU HOAXER!!"...lol...to tell you the truth I don't have a better hosting sight other than maybe a private site that hosts personal "vacation" videos and such like Put file or such. ANYONE got any other suggestions?

[edit on 31-5-2008 by djvexd]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
reply to post by ~Waffles~

You are absolutley right my friend. I just am addressing the alot of people who have very interresting footage, but chose to post it on video sites first. I dunno I may be just getting tired of closed minded skeptics dismissing things BECAUSE they are posted on those sites, unfortunatley which ALOT of hoaxes are. I guess I am just trying to help a few of the newer members along and have them avoid the "YOU POSTED IT ON YOUTUBE YOU HOAXER!!"...lol

Well, on the one hand I would have to agree with you.Though, on the other it seems soo strange that people would call something hoax just on the premise of where it was hosted.It seems ludicrous that a person who could possible have a genuine video has to be concerned about the unsubstantiated views about video hosting-sites.They would not be the ones responsible for how others perceive what they the video posters have seen,but then your words do reflect a much deeper principle of human nature that I too am aware of.A generic belief that if something looks like "*", seems like"*" it is like "*".While I could do nothing to change this mode of thinking, I can however support change by putting objectivity before emotional response, simply by doing so. ^~^

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
~Sawry accidental Quote rather than Edit>~ ^^''

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I merely am trying to take away a weapon for the hardcore, swampgas,ball lightning, dementia, one-line skeptics....thats all

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
An excellent example is the western state penn. video by TAPS( yes those guys from TV). It was IMMEDIATELY called a hoax because:
a)it was on TV
b)it was on the internet video hosting sites including theirs
c)it was clear enough
subsequent look at the video showed NO abnormalities or cuts on the film other than the quickness in which the object moved.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
It all comes down to finding another site to post any kind of videos and what not. Without YouTube, what else is there? YouTube is THE video sharing site.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
you have to understand that not everyone has a server with several gigs of storage to host clear, high quality full length video they may have recorded, let alone how to use one or the bandwidth + time to upload to it.

if someone has some footage and no way/where to host it of course they are going to go to the first place they think of thats free
google vid, youtube etc.
they also know it will get its own exposure there too.

problem is that it ends up lower quality but its better than not being posted at all.

the last time i read someone asking ATS admin/mods to host a video when it was finally uploaded johnny anon? or dave (cant remember which) said "oh thats the old xxxx hoax footage" and then linked to the footage on, you guessed it.. .you tube.

as a previous poster said, judge the video + its author by the content and not the server its hosted on.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
why don't you link to hosting sites that you do find acceptable. just saying youtube is crap is pretty unhelpful OP

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Judging a video by where it's posted is the height of ignorance IMO.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I agree...however EVRY SINGLE SKEPTIC on this board says the exact same thing when a video is linked to YOUTUBE without EVEN viewing it. YOUTUBE has become a haven for Hoaxers to post their vids so the community can find it and make asses out of themselves. I am trying to what I can to stop theses retard "IT ALL LOOKS LIKE PAPER TO ME" skeptics from posting and start looking at the evidence. Am I the only one who sees this?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

And please mr S.moderator direct your INDIRECT insults elsewhere...regardless of you rank in these forums , I won't stand for it.I NEVER insulted or demeaned anyone.

top topics

join