It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid Dream or something else?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I don't know if this is a lucid dream or something else, but I'll explain what I'm referring to.

I'll take an example that I almost remember. I remember I was either sleeping at a friends house or the other way around, and I was really sleepy while we were talking with eachother. And then after a while I fell into like a short trance while we were talking because I was so sleepy, and then I said something completely random like "Yeah I have already done it", and then my friend says "What?" and laughs, and then I wake up. And then I realize that I just said something completely random that had nothing to do with our conversation.

What's that called?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

Not lucid dreaming. Lucid dreaming is:

Lucid dreaming (lucid from Latin, lux "light") is the conscious perception of one's state while dreaming, resulting in a much clearer experience and sometimes enabling direct control over the content of the dream, a realistic world that is to some degree in the control of the dreamer.[1] The complete experience from start to finish is called a lucid dream.

More so, if you know you are in a dream and then take control of that dream.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

perhaps you've been smoking too much ganj.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by ZikhaN

Not lucid dreaming. Lucid dreaming is:

Lucid dreaming (lucid from Latin, lux "light") is the conscious perception of one's state while dreaming, resulting in a much clearer experience and sometimes enabling direct control over the content of the dream, a realistic world that is to some degree in the control of the dreamer.[1] The complete experience from start to finish is called a lucid dream.

More so, if you know you are in a dream and then take control of that dream.

Yeah but it says it's also that you might hear something that you actually didn't hear. I'm 100% sure I said that random comment because I was answering to a question that I thought I heard.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

You were most likely caught in between a dream and the real world. But lucid dreaming would you be recognizing you're in a dream and then taking control of that dream.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Hmm okay:S It wasn't really a dream though. I think that it happens in like 1 second, and while I'm in a trance for that second I think I get a question, and then I answer to it. But I didn't actually hear that question in the real world.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I actually experienced something like this before, its not lucid dreaming as I understand it.It's more like being aware during a state of sleep-paralysis, your mind is active but your body is not.Your mind is aware but your brain continues to process the information it would normally during sleep.Though because the mind is almost completely awake certain facets of the chaos of normal dreams are still present and happening in the brain at a much more diminished degree.The illusion of sleep is there because you woke up prematurely and being greeted with darkness your brain did not have the concept that it was no longer asleep.Though your mind was able to more cognitively apprehend it.This does happen to most people, but very rarely.More rarely are they able to speak.Hope this helps ^~^

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
hmm yeah, it's like sleep talk, sometimes I wake up saying something too, once I woke up laughing lol, and another time crying???

Anyway who's the cute girl in your avatar?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I am notorious for carrying on conversations when I'm half asleep. Got me in trouble more than once when I was still living with my parents. They had a hard time believing that I could carry on a full length conversation while I was asleep. They eventually learned to leave me notes instead of telling me something while I was still in bed.

Anyway, my seven year-old son has discovered that he can get permission for all sorts of outlandish requests if I'm in a semi-conscience state. For example, unrolling an entire 12-pack of toilet paper and stuffing it under the fitted sheet of his twin bed to make it more "cushiony" like my pillow-top mattress. Or, being allowed to peruse Daddy's strictly off-limits comic book collection (stored in specially ordered white boxes in individual plastic sleeves) while eating cheetos and drinking juice boxes.

Anyhow, you were definitely sleep talking and not lucid dreaming.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Waffles~

A little bit complicated but yeah I understand, thx(:

Thanks for all the other help too!(:

But I'm still confused because I read that sometimes in a lucid dream you think you hear something that you actually didn't hear. So maybe if I thought I heard a question, I answered to it. Maybe that's a lucid dream?

reply to post by _Phoenix_

He's not a girl:S He's a boy, and he's the leadsinger in a band called An Cafe. And no, he's not gay(:

[edit on 31-5-2008 by ZikhaN]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
As an avid lucid dreamer, I can tell you without a doubt that you were not lucid dreaming. In lucid dreaming, you are in a full dream state and aware that your dreaming.

It normally takes something out of the ordinary to realize that you're dreaming to begin with, such as flying. It's the realization that's key in lucid dreaming.

In short, you were sleep talking, not dreaming. You thought you were awake, and responded to a question you thought you heard during the course of natural conversation.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Oh okay thx I understand now.

I want to ask you another question too. You know when you sort of like strangle a person (a friend tried it on me), it's not really strangling because you're not loosing your breath, it's just heavy pressure on the side of the neck, so that you start feeling dizzy. And if you do it for about 10 seconds, you eventually lose conciousness and you fall asleep for like a few seconds, and when you wake up, you think that you've been dreaming for like hours.

Do you know what I mean?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZikhaN

He's not a girl:S He's a boy, and he's the leadsinger in a band called An Cafe. And no, he's not gay(:

Wahahahaahaha!! LOL LMAO

Cutest guy I have ever seen, and no I'm not gay

Pretty good music too.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 31-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Yeah it's one of my favourite bands. He has a really unique voice, makes his music better than most bands.

This song is also rly good

We probably shouldn't talk about it here though, some people might get pissed off(:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
That Asian chick is cute. Not as cute as the blond elf girl with the bow from lord of the rings. Or Hector's lil sister in Troy.
She's a bit cuter than those hanson girls though.
You ever fall asleep with the telly on and hear everything going on and visualize it too. Then wake up and see that the characters don't quite match up the characters you dreamed up with only the voices to go on?

[edit on 31-5-2008 by Zealott]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

Yeah, I love it when I find new music I haven't heard, so thanks.

And yeah this talk should be for belowtopsecret, before someone complains haha.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Zealott

It's not a girl:S

And yeah I think I had that once(:

Hope I get an answer to my question, so many posts after it now:S

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZikhaN
reply to post by maria_stardust

Oh okay thx I understand now.

I want to ask you another question too. You know when you sort of like strangle a person (a friend tried it on me), it's not really strangling because you're not loosing your breath, it's just heavy pressure on the side of the neck, so that you start feeling dizzy. And if you do it for about 10 seconds, you eventually lose conciousness and you fall asleep for like a few seconds, and when you wake up, you think that you've been dreaming for like hours.

Do you know what I mean?

The choking game. Not very safe. What your experiencing is simply a lack of oxygen to the brain. If you value your brain cells, and your life for that matter, stay away from that.

If you are looking to catch a natural buzz, eat lots of hot and spicy food. It's much safer and way more satisfying.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Oh okay hahah thx. I did it when I was younger though, and only one time.

I don't like to eat too spicy food, but thx for the advice, really appreciate your answers. You know a lot(:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I experience something frequently (enough!) that I think is similar to this...

In a state that feels like I'm almost awake, it appears that I have conversations with people, ie whoever the person is who is nearby. I'll remember a complete conversation, with myself anwering questions or debating a point.

However, after I "snap out of it" the person nearby claims they weren't saying a thing while I was having a one sided conversation, and they end up being very curious about what I was on about.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join