It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Lives Full Life in Iron Lung

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

When Martha Mason read of the death this week of 61-year-old Dianne Odell due to a power outage that caused her iron lung to stop working, she said she found it "appalling."

Mary Dalton talks with Martha Mason in her Lattimore home. Dalton produced a 2005 documentary on Mason's life inside an iron lung.
(Mary Dalton)"It was sad news," Mason said. "When I read that article, I thought, it's so sad that something like that could happen."

Most anyone hearing the news might agree. But for Mason, Odell's death carried special significance.

::Visit News Article For Full Story::

Lady lives her entire life in an Iron Lung and dies due to a power outage. Somethin about this says god pulled the plug on this one. I mean 60 years in an Iron Lung?

I wasnt certain they actually used iron lungs anymore. Wow to have to live your entire life within your own head? Never leaving or moving having to depend on a machine to keep you alive?

how come the hospital didn't have a generator?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
What an inspiring story! You got to respect the fact that she is so positive. Personally, I don't know if I could do it.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Yes she certanly was positive, doing a documentary as well as writing a children's book. I just don't think I could do that. I probably would have gone completely insane long ago.

join