It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snag in deal to return Texas sect kids to parents

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Snag in deal to return Texas sect kids to parents

news.yahoo.com

A decision by Texas District Judge Barbara Walther means that to regain custody, the 38 mothers whose filed the complaint that led the Texas Supreme Court to reject the state's massive seizure must personally sign an agreement their attorneys and state child-welfare officials have proposed.

That could add days to the process, attorneys for the mothers said, because the women are scattered across the state to be close to their children in foster care.

"It's not as simple as going across the stre
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Court: Texas had no right to take polygamists' kids
Court: Sect children should be returned to parents

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I knew this would happen. Now we will start to see how many "snags" there will be to these children returning....

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Somehow this was a double posted thread. Please use this thread for discussion...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
Somehow this was a double posted thread. Please use this thread for discussion...

Now there is no choice...

On Topic:

What an interesting story. Leave it to Texas to decide that families needed to be separated when there was no clear violation of anyone's rights....

I personally think that a retribution should be made to the families (college fund?) or clear distinctions should be made explaining the action.

Sometimes I hate the round about legal process...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Well, I don't want to repost all of the information from the last two threads, one of them very long, but I will offer a brief synopsis;
CPS (child protective services), with a long history of mismanagement and overstepping constitutional rights, moved in and removed 400 plus women and children.
I say women, because some of these women were adults, with one being 27. (they had their ID's taken, and were told they were children!)
They separated toddlers and other siblings from each other, and violated girls as young as eleven with pelvic exams.
The 31 teens that were supposed to be underage and pregnant quickly dwindled down to 5 or less. They ripped up families and took their children for essentially living in the wrong neighborhood.
Did I mention that the reason they came in was due to a now proven hoax phone call?
It is a proven fact that sexual assault and abuse in the CPS system of foster care is far, far higher than that of any other place in the country. Far greater than even the supposed rate of abuse in the FLDS ranch.
This was about the governments right to take your children, and hold them hostage because they don't agree with your lifestyle.
This, coupled with other new disturbing trends, will mean that our ideas of what our rights and freedoms are, will have significantly altered with what is reality.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson
[mo
The judge is out of line as usual. The judge wants CPS to have 24 hour access to the FDLS people and all sorts of other intrusive junk. The judge is not complying with the higher courts ruling.Walther should be disbarred.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

I guess I'm confused. Is this the same judge who started this mess in the first place? I thought this was the higher court judge? So I hope this is an election year. FLDS should put that $100 million yo good use...

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Yes, Barbara Walther is the same judge who started this mess. She is a disgrace to the Texas Bar. She seems to be a Janet Reno wanna be.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by eradown]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
These child snatching filth don’t give up easily do they? Looks like parents may have to get their children back by prying them from CPS’s cold, dead hands.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by resistor

CPS is full of cowards. They would never give up there lives for those children under any circumstances. Many CPS workers live from paycheck to paycheck.The judge and many of the CPS workers in this case appear to be short term thinkers. They will only have those kids for ten or fifteen years tops and that is only if someone with a spine does not step in. The social workers and the judge not just the state can be sued. Abusing this many people at once is a terrible idea. There will be a reckoning.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by eradown]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

Of course you’re right, (I was being facetious) that’s what the cops are for: The kill and die to enforce the governments power to take your children, or whatever else they want to do.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by resistor]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by resistor

I think parents even more than cops are willing to die for their kids but I understand your point. Child abuse is a criminal act and should be investigated by the police. CPS won't even enter a house without police protection even when they are entering the houses of elderly, widowed grandmothers. I do not understand why social wokers are allowed to investigate child abuse and why they are not required to proove their allegations of abuse before they take children.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

Thank you ers, that has been one of my points all along. I'm sure, just like with most leftist organizations, the intent was to help real problems. Then, when those problems were solved, it's off to create new ones so your job stays intact.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
wait a minute. The lower judge is ignoring what the higher judge said? How in the hell is that possible? Didn't the other judge say that CPS has seven days to give the kids back, no questions asked?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

Here's the thing. This lower judge is treating this decision, by the higher court, similar to when the courts need to let someone go for administrative reasons. The Judge has made up her mind about these people, so therefore, how can she willingly give back their children? She thinks that they are all brainwashed sex addicts. Unlike CPS....

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistor
These child snatching filth don’t give up easily do they? Looks like parents may have to get their children back by prying them from CPS’s cold, dead hands.

That may not be such a bad idea.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I am against any government interjection on any issues like this, BUT to those that say there was no violation of anyones personal rights is absolutely ludicrous and I suggest reading "Under the Banner of Heaven", can't remember the author. It is mainly written of the atrocities of these FLDS compounds and survivors testimonies. This is possibly one of the most evil and suppressive religions in the world today aside from extremist Islam, rife with enslavement, arranged marriages, incest, and mind control, let alone the obvious plural marriage.
The women (mothers) are just as guilty of this as the church leaders when it comes to this abuse. These children and the mothers need extensive counseling and re-education. This may sound police state oriented, but the public needs to know what goes on in these places.

And by the way, THEIR WAY OF LIFE IS ILLEGAL!!!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by gnosis111
I am against any government interjection on any issues like this, BUT to those that say there was no violation of anyones personal rights is absolutely ludicrous and I suggest reading "Under the Banner of Heaven", can't remember the author. It is mainly written of the atrocities of these FLDS compounds and survivors testimonies. This is possibly one of the most evil and suppressive religions in the world today aside from extremist Islam, rife with enslavement, arranged marriages, incest, and mind control, let alone the obvious plural marriage.
The women (mothers) are just as guilty of this as the church leaders when it comes to this abuse. These children and the mothers need extensive counseling and re-education. This may sound police state oriented, but the public needs to know what goes on in these places.

And by the way, THEIR WAY OF LIFE IS ILLEGAL!!!!!

so, let's see, the go in and they round up the kids, and even some of the adults claiming they are minors...
then one of the "minor" adults has a baby!!
okay, how in the world can you act like this "minor" adult is one of the victims....and at the same time act like they are criminal at the same time? which is what they did when they took the newborn from her..
any abuse or neglect that this newborn may have experienced would be directly the responsibility of cps, since the newborn was taken into custody at the time of birth! the mother, who they were assuming was a minor who susposedly had this pregnacy forced onto her was treating like the criminal. matter of fact, all these mothers, if you accept the claims of cps, were more than likely forced into marriage and motherhood, and are the victims themselves...it's like old time rape charges....blame the danged victim and let the rapist go free! where are the jails filled with polygamist child rapists? or did just one man rape all these young girls?

the "victim" and her child should not have been separated. they should have been treated like any other victim of domestic abuse and her family, put up in a shelter, given welfare and all the other aide, settled in a home together!

cps didn't do this, did they?

[edit on 1-6-2008 by dawnstar]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
This case only solidifies the fact that in America you are guilty until proven innocent. They raided these people's homes, abducted their children under very little information. A phone call. And at this point, they have no idea who made it up. Well, maybe someone in the state of Texas made it up as an excuse to raid these people. Who knows. It all smells fishy.

I do not agree with the FDLS lifestyle, however, their rights have been violated. They should have kept the children with the parents, removed the males (if they felt there was such danger), and began an investigation process on each family. Now they have this big mess, and all of these traumatized children on their hands. Way to go CPS. Protection, my hind end!

Let's not forget my friends, just because it's not happening to us, doesn't mean it won't.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

the sum of money you propose that texas owes these mothers and children for the abuse that the state has authorized the cps to inflict on the innocent is far too low------by the time the lawyers of the yfz church get thru i hope texas has to beg washington for disaster relief.

and as far as those that think cps did the right thing to these women and children----it would serve you right if you found yourself suffering the same abuse if thats what it takes to give you some compassion for others.

where are the other churches while all this has been going on?which church will be the next victim?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join