It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some cool photos taken by amateur (ME!)..opinions please

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Hi guys....new to the forum (although I have lurked before). I'm an amateur "ghosthunter" from Austin TX....and I have caught some pics that I can't explain that would love to share to get opinions. In no way have any of these been photoshopped....these have all been taken by me personally with my digital camera. Would love to know what everyone thinks; sorry if these come out too dark. I'm posting these randomly in seperate threads b/c of the character limitations.

This one was taken at the IOF Cemetary in Georgetown TX; fascinating place with a ton of history.

I was by myself (I tend to wander away from the group, haha) and snapped this pic in the 1700's section. When I uploaded this to my computer this is what I caught; it appears to be a man/woman in period type clothing holding a candle. The more you zoom in the more obvious it appears.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Hi Austin

Thanks for posting. Ghost hunting is dear to my heart.

Are you talking about the thing to the right of the bush. It looks like a normal monument/grave marker.

Sorry. I don't see anything paranormal

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
just did a quick levels adjust & crop

make of it what you will, i can't really see anything.

but keep doing it,

i have in the past and didn't get anything, that wont stop me doing it again. (if that makes sense lol)

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I know nothing about this stuff, but what a cool photo.
I find it odd that the 2 other posters saw nothing. I'm the guy that looks at all these ufo or Nasa pixs and am the only one that can't see what the hell they are talking about. Here it is clear as day...ah ur night.
.....real or not, cool picture.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Wow, that's a creepy dagone picture. Looks like...a friggin zombie. No kidding, it looks like it has a skull and ribcage. If that's not fake, then I'm going to this place to try and see what I can find.

CX

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Thats a great pic in my also amateur opinion.

Do you know what that figure reminded me of, and i'm suprised nobody else has mentioned it. A US soldier, judging by the helmet, maybe WW2 or Vietnam? (Maybe some of our US members can help with that one?)

You can even make out the chinstrap, and also the neckline of the collar of his jacket.

Take this picture below, i just got it off out of a random selection on Google images. These soldiers are leaning against a wall, but picture one of then walking through that graveyard, walking towards the right of the picture you took.

Maybe thats a rifle or something in his hand, and the white object on his hip area is a water bottle or part of his webbing.

Definately looks like a soldiers helmet to me though.

Did you happen to see whether there were any ex-military buried there?

CX.

[edit on 31/5/08 by CX]

CX

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Just done a search for military buried in that graveyard and by the looks of it there are soldiers from as early as well before the World Wars (1800's), up to the Iraq war.

I won't post thier details here as i'm not sure of the ettiquette surrounding posting peoples details on a site where there family might see them, especialy when it's a paranormal site.

If you do a search anyway, you should come across a few. It could explain my theory about the soldier with a helmet on.

Good luck and thanks again for the pic.

CX.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Wow... great photo! I definitely see a soldier in bdu's with a helmet on. That image really stands out!

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for the positive responses!

CX....the military idea is very interesting; I personally still see a man in period type clothing holding a candle (reminds me of George Washington on a quarter the way he's facing) but it's neat that everyone see's something different. I will follow your suggestion and so some research though.

I'm just happy I caught something that others besides me see.

CX

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Take a look at this, i have no clue how to make images better for viewing, so i just played around withthe colour and contrast in MS Office Manager and this was easier on the eyes to me.

My daughter just said it looked like a skull with a helmet on and it's mouth open. You can make out the eye sockets and a dark space under the nose where the open mouth could be?

It almost looks like he has a watch or wristband of some kind on his left wrist?

I'm just clutching at straws though, hope this helps with the identification of the "soldier" image i'm seeing.

CX.

[edit on 1/6/08 by CX]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
OH WOW that's sooo way cool!! Great job!
I swear whatever it is is holding a candle still....I totally really see the flame better then ever...I mean it's like it's actually moving.

I'm trying to see the military perspective....but I think my original thought of what it looked like is too embedded in my brain, haha.

CX

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by notcrazyinaustin

I'm trying to see the military perspective....but I think my original thought of what it looked like is too embedded in my brain, haha.

Ok, this will get a few laughs from the techys here, but this is my best attempt in Paint to outline the helmet and facial features.

Theres a key to the lettering under the picture.

Remember, the soldier is looking towards the left of the pic, so he has his right side to you.

B = Back of helmet.
F = Front of helmet.
M = Mouth
N = Nose.
E = Eye.
W = Watch/wristband on wrist.
X = Either water bottle or webbing pouch on hip, possibly a holster for a sidearm?

I'm not sure why there are apparent "hotspots" on the pic after i've played with the picture, they are almost like thermal images. I just played around with a few colour settings, contrast, brightness, hue and that kind of thing.

Have'nt got a clue what they do, but it was fun!

CX.

[edit on 1/6/08 by CX]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Does look like a soldier, probably modern-era...good find , keep em coming

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Haha that's awesome CX! I totally see what you are seeing now

I have 2 other pics that are strange from the same place; I will put them up after I take a nap.

-Nat

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
It looks like a stone lady...maybe it's a gravestone that's been worn out overtime and somewhat shaped like a lady...huh...?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Not bad for an amateur. Not bad at all.

Keep up the hunting

CX

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I think we will have the same problems with this pic as one i posted recently, it's hard to tell what the image is because of the dark.

I think a daytime pic in the same place would give us a better clue as to whether this could be easily explained away.

I have to admit my mind runs amok with possible things it could be when i see something in the dark.

CX.

CX

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by notcrazyinaustin
I was by myself (I tend to wander away from the group, haha) and snapped this pic in the 1700's section. When I uploaded this to my computer this is what I caught; it appears to be a man/woman in period type clothing holding a candle. The more you zoom in the more obvious it appears.

What made you take this picture in the first place if you don't mind me asking? Did you see or feel anything at the time, or was it just a random snap that later happened to have something in it?

Thanks,

CX.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

What made you take this picture in the first place if you don't mind me asking? Did you see or feel anything at the time, or was it just a random snap that later happened to have something in it?

Thanks,

CX.

Nothing at all made me take this one; it was sooo dark out there and it was the first time I had met with this paranormal group...I was a "newbie" and they told me to just "snap" away whenever I felt anything strange. I took hundreds of pics...and only 3 even turned up anything unusual this particular night. We also had some other experiences there....some strange evp's and all of our camera's batteries drained in certain sections...then would work 5 minutes later. The place has alot of history...

I have been wanting to go back in the daytime and would love to find the area where the above picture was taken...not sure I could find it though because the place is HUGE. Hopefully I will make myself go soon. I would love to try and debunk my own picture.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join