It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thin? Fat? What?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
Here is a calculator to show you ideal weight.

Ideal Weight Calculator

That's a cool site.

It gives both the INSANE medical BMI recommendation, which I was 100 pounds over at my peak physical prime.... and the REALISTIC weight... which shows the average weight that other people of your Age, Height, Weight and Gender would describe as their ideal weight.

But I'm still fat either way.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I weigh in just below the peoples' choice & the minimum medical recommended weight with shoes on.

But I could probably reach the minimum if I did weights more regularly.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
hey man i could lose 2 kg in a night too,if i dropped some chemical stimulants and raved and danced for 12 hours straight

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
hey man i could lose 2 kg in a night too,if i dropped some chemical stimulants and raved and danced for 12 hours straight

Damn straight you could.

The point i'm getting at is this:

Fat people need to start going out into society, into Fat specific clubs where all the fat people meet and leave us skinny peopel to our skinny clubs. Those fat peope then need to pop some pills, dance all night, and lose kilo's of fat, and destroy some brain cells while ur at it. Then once ur skinny..u can upgrade to the skinny clubs

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
partially hydrogenated vegtable oil is the biggest problem
lifestyles today are more laid back
jobs involve more desk work than in days of yore when people were skinnier
look at pictures of people in world war 2 era and before ...very few fat people

also, trans fats, sugar, overprocessed foods such as white flour and white rice, and sugar
eating too much of the above foods will mess up your body's response to insulin and lead to insulin resistance.
The epidemic of obesity and diabetes is evidence that we are eating too much of the wrong foods.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
You can't eat the wrong foods, there is no such thing as a "wrong" food. As long as it is edible without making you sick or kill you(I mean like cyanide, niccotine pure, stuff like that) it is food. Yes, if you eat 50lbs of potato chips in a day, it will make you sick, but so will eating 50lbs of apples.

The thing is excercise, excercise, and of course, not sitting around eating all day. If you were to eat McD's once a day everyday, but worked out or jogged or something, not a problem. Same situation, but never excercise, a problem will arise.

For as I originally said, when did food stop being nourishing and started killing? Why did food start to become everyone's kryptonite? It isn't dangerous, it isn't deadly, yet people fear it like the plague. WHY! If you are like me, you can eat, excercise, and stay in shape. Or like my sis, she eats and eats, but her metabolism is so fast she is always hungry(she does have a medical problem, for her metabolism is to fast, like eat a 10 pound steak and have already digested the first pound before you finish the steak). Yes, metabolism does play a role, but guess what? If you excercise it won't matter.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Darn, I'm 15 so the thing can't calculate my ideal body weight.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
For as I originally said, when did food stop being nourishing and started killing? Why did food start to become everyone's kryptonite? It isn't dangerous, it isn't deadly, yet people fear it like the plague. WHY?

well iunderstand your point entirely. and i love your avatar. that bunny's pretty kick ash,

but for many of us freaky kids, food=bad.

no matter how much we hateit, despise it, etc, we eat it anyway.

heres my thing- i love food, but i hate eating. (because im a freak and trying to recover from ...cough cough eating disorders cough cough...)

so my solution- i bring an add from dennys, sonic, or any of my other fave places, and just stare at it. and somehow im full!

hahahhaah! funny eh?....actually now that i think about it, thats kinda sick.......

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
and yes, we DO have the ugliest feet in the world. ill send you pic maybe! hahahahh!

I would like to see a pic.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

You can't eat the wrong foods, there is no such thing as a "wrong" food. As long as it is edible without making you sick or kill you(I mean like cyanide, niccotine pure, stuff like that) it is food. Yes, if you eat 50lbs of potato chips in a day, it will make you sick, but so will eating 50lbs of apples.

The thing is excercise, excercise, and of course, not sitting around eating all day. If you were to eat McD's once a day everyday, but worked out or jogged or something, not a problem. Same situation, but never excercise, a problem will arise.

For as I originally said, when did food stop being nourishing and started killing? Why did food start to become everyone's kryptonite? It isn't dangerous, it isn't deadly, yet people fear it like the plague. WHY! If you are like me, you can eat, excercise, and stay in shape. Or like my sis, she eats and eats, but her metabolism is so fast she is always hungry(she does have a medical problem, for her metabolism is to fast, like eat a 10 pound steak and have already digested the first pound before you finish the steak). Yes, metabolism does play a role, but guess what? If you excercise it won't matter.

Well, so you are blessed with a good metabolism!
But many are not so lucky. Else, when would there be so many dangerously obese people in this country???
Sugar is poison in large quantities. And lots of people eat waaaaay too much sugar. Sugar or HFCS is in almost ALL processed foods.
White flour is basically paste. It little resembles the nutritious grain it came from. White rice is little better.
Many eat few fruits and vegetables. That means more than V-8 and sugara-filled fruit drinks!

Exercise is improtant. But, proper, nutritious is also necessary.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Don't Tread On Me, I don't have a good metabolism, my sis does. Second, I have my spleen, part of the digestion tract missing. I gained alot of weight at first, for I was in a wheelchair, not very active. But once I got out of the chair and started excercising, I lost the weight. I have a slower than normal metabolism, but excercise. I love McD's, Rally's, Mr. Beefy's, and eat at those places about 1-2 times a week, but I excercise!

Also, anything will kill you if you take to much. Sugar, Vitamin A, fat, oxygen, water, protien, calcium, anything. But one normally doesn't eat 50lbs of Vitamin A or get a tank of pure oxygen and suck it all in at once.

Anyways, nutrition? Not important. You shouldn't have to worry about nutrition, for you shouldn't think about it! If you sat down to dinner, you should be thinking about what to eat first, not what you are eating! Sure, some can't sit down to dinner, but still, it is food, not posion. I don't look at the table of contents of my food, I don't worry. I eat a box of Mac and cheese, have hot dogs, make a burger, or make fries(have a fry maker) and eat. But before and/or after that I excercise. I ride a bike machine while watching tv, do sit ups, push ups, weights, so forth. If I am going to watch tv, I don't just sit and watch it, I lift weights or something while watching tv. Hell, only thing that holds me back is school. If I didn't have to sit for 6.5 hours straight, I would be doing more excercise. And don't blame school food, one meal doesn't add 50lbs of fat. Even if you do have 50lbs of fat, if it is in the places it should be, hips, thighs, behind, so forth, it won't effect you as much. It is when the fat stays in your stomach area.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Anyways, nutrition? Not important. You shouldn't have to worry about nutrition, for you shouldn't think about it! If you sat down to dinner, you should be thinking about what to eat first, not what you are eating!

Well, I agree with you in part. You shouldn't have to worry about nutrition. But, between the empty calories in a white hamburger bun; the sugar, carbonation and HFCS in the soda; and the nitrates/nitrites in the meat, you do need some caution. It's all the additives and chemicals in the foods that is a problem. It's the overprocessing that is a problem. Eatin whole foods as often as possible is a more desirable way to eat. Man and cheese and lunchables is a poor substitute.

Again, exercise is key, but it doesn't correct all the bad things in food.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Hmmmm, bad things in food. Well, again, shouldn't have to worry. Sure, the stuff will be bad, but a normal life will correct it. If you were to JUST eat the stuff and not anything else, yes, problems. But you eat the burger on the white bun, drink a soda, have fries, but also jogged 2-3 mil;es that day, had a breakfast of a couple bagels with some cream cheese, and a lunch of a blt and mayonaise, and no problem. Now if it was Burger and fries for breakfast, same for lunch, same for dinner, everyday with no excercise, then yes a problem will arise. Hell, if you ate that but did excercise, it would in the end be no problem.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
James, check back with me in twenty years or so. It'll be intersting to see who had a better idea about what constituts good nutrition

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Questor

I would like to see a pic.

well i havent danced in about a year (ballet with a company, at least) so i have since gotten pedicure (the greatest dancer sin of all time, besides beocming a member of the drill team)

but i do have some lasting memories i can send:

my permanent blister that couldnt get washed away with time

thats blood

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
thisis what dancing does to you (in a ballet company at least)

not only does it mess you up physically, but emtionally and mentally, you become a weight obsessed psycho forever.

and you hate people with high metabolisms, even if you have one.

my advice- never stay withs omething that switches from a hobby to a job you dont get paid for to a satanic cult (ie- the world of CLMB...whoops probably stepped on some toes there! well, prolly not.)

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Eeww those pics are gross. Why would you do that to yourself just to dance? I cant really talk though, ive never taken ballet.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
very easily, actually. it becomes a passion.

oh and those are nothing!
hahahha

you shouldve seen me when my kneecap went out of place on stage, with new shoes, and tendonitis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry thepics are gone, needed more upload space

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I don't know about all of that. Being thin, not skinny, does have a lot of positives. I don't care who you are, looks do count. Has anyone seen the show Average Joe? How many times have the guys said that if she was fat they would not bother.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I can't see the pics. I just see red 'X's. Were they removed?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join