It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brainless Voters (Obama Sheep)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
It might be difficult for you without your medicine, but give it a try.

Hilarious, thanks.

When you can shed that skin of insecurity and represent Obama with a little more dignity, please come back. I'll be right here, promise.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Are you kidding me?

What's wrong with all the OTHER anti-Obama threads that have been going on around here?

Why start a 'Brainless Voters (Obama Sheep) thread too?

Quit playing dumb (or maybe you can't help it) and YOU call it like it is. This thread was obviously not started to discuss Obama's political stances, but to attack and insult anyone who likes Obama over Hillary or McCain.

Quit the act. You've been called out, so quit playing.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
I am curious to ask if the fact that his very presence inspires ignorant support, connected by resonating victim-syndrome, spiritually "Irks" you?

Yes. That is enough for me to break out the Hatchet. Or was it a sledgehammer.

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
I enjoy butting heads with a guy like you.

You are very welcome.

[edit on 2008/5/30 by SteveR]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Be sure to visit Bigbert's favorite site below. Watch some of the videos, learn more about the man behind the mask.

Obamatron 2008

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
Be sure to visit Bigbert's favorite site below. Watch some of the videos, learn more about the man behind the mask.

Obamatron 2008

Wow. I feel like I'm back in middle school here, what with all the teaming up to call names and make fun of...

Must be a proud day for you, Jexnet and StevenR, huh?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

Obamatron 2008

That website is full of biased diatribes worthy of a sewer pit dinner discussion. He said he would stand with the muslims, and it was a bad thing to say? I stand with 1 billion people no matter their religion.

Most hate him because he sympathizes with the arabs, or that he won't suck up to israel, who cares either way? Special Interest is the only enemy of Obama.

AAC

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

what with all the teaming up to call names and make fun of...

I've read the thread. The only 'name' I've called you was Obamatron and Obama zombie. That shouldn't hurt you my friend.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I am not a fan of any of the candidates that said
In a point and click world did you really expect more than point and click presidential candidates..

we live in a world of instant gratification and impatience people only hear and see what they want or what pertains to them, I myself had that brought up to me the other day by some of my own actions I purchased something thinking yep that is it that's the one and come to find out when I read the description later it will indeed work but was not exactly what I wanted

People want change and are too lazy or too busy to do it themselves so they are gonna vote for the guy who says I got change right here now exactly what that change is who knows and who really cares they are gonna get to Washington and do exactly as they please as every other politician has done since the 1930's

face it folks you can't have it all yes it is sad that some have less than others but your options are pretty limited you can have freedom and some will be poor and uneducated or you can have communism and most will be poor and have no chance to improve their life

I for one don't really care about any of it anymore I am planning on moving out into the deep woods somewhere very remote and hanging my hat there.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

reply to post by SteveR

My fault. I forgot that trying to talk with you is like talking to my teenage sister. You just don't get it, do you?

I've noticed that quite abit also. The shrill crybaby rhetoric ala rush and sean. It's only gonna get worse.

Perhaps if the neocon/conservative/Republicans would tell us what a great job they have done, we could rally around the GOP like after 9ll.

I'm all for "change" cause I don't see how it could get any worse.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by whaaa]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The hypocrisy from some people is just unbelievable. Yes after 8years of Bushie supporters telling everybody to shut up and calling everybody who opposes pointless wars and policies "unpatriotic", its that surprising for you that people are excited about a candidate who intends to change the direction of Washington as opposed to one who intends to continue with it.

The only brainless sheep here were to ones who actually gave into the lies Bush and his cronies made. Hey here’s more brainless supporters for you, how about Limbaugh sheep and them following every thing Rush said in the primaries huh? Or the fox news sheep? How about the brainless supporters who have strayed away from real republican values to follow Bush values huh? Anybody who still supports Bush and McCain can’t call themselves real republicans and the past 7years would indicate why.

Oh yes and don’t tell me you’re a libertarian or a Ron Pauler for that matter, I can tell the difference between a fake and a true follower and lately Iv been seeing plenty of fake libertarians and independents willing to defend policies that contradict what they claim to stand for. It aint a good way to get more credibility for your party.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Hehe I love it, the sheep fighting amongst themselves.

The primitive clash of sides, as the issues lose importance to competition and who's side, already decided for you, will win. Billions of dollars change hands, and favours are promised for later. You chose your side, and make your vote under the illusion you/it counts, and cheer for the winner oblivious to the reality of what your vote really means.
Unrelenting obedience to a master who only keeps you around as long as you follow their rules, and follow the 'normal' life that has been slowly conditioned into society to make you easier to control and exploit.
The vote you cast just legitimises the system of devide and control. You give away your power, and resign your liberty, as you give them power over you and put them above the law.

It's not as if their game isn't blatantly obvious...

There is no authority but yourself.

The possession of power has a maddening influence; parliaments have always wrought unhappiness.
In ruling assemblies, in a fatal manner, the will prevails of those below the average, both morally and intellectually.
To vote is to prepare shameful treachery and traitors.
To put on others' shoulders the responsibility of one's actions is cowardice. Don't vote!Emma Goldman 1869-1940

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
What an interesting thread. Definitely something to think about.

I'm not an Obama supporter in the least. I already listed the 5 reasons I won't vote for him. In the issues, he's only slightly different than Hilary, and I've only noticed that in one area.... which is the pro-choice stance which in the end he voted present for.....

When I listed my 5 reasons for not wanting Obama as our next Pres, I was attacked by Bigbert81 (and others) for my feelings on partial birth abortions. Which was odd, since I wasn't doing anything more than give reasons for my dislike of the man.

I wonder why people have fallen under the spell of someone who is in almost every issue identical to his opponent, and are willing to defend him to the end.... and against those who are in the same party or mindset for change?

It's perplexing... to say the least, and does give a "brainless" or "Sheeple" feel to it. If you feel that it doesn't apply to you, maybe you should give logical reasons on how HRC is any different than BO.

Bigbert81, you also never answered SteveR's question. Was that intentional, or did you forget to?

*edit to get the names right....*

[edit on 5/31/2008 by JessicaS]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by JessicaS

Hello JessicaS, Hope you are well.

If I may disclose at least one reason to disassociate Obama & Hilary amongst the democratic candidates, in hopes to find a difference, I would look at who has compromised their positions in politics more dangerously. I realize that someone could spin many politicians and find a flip-flop or two, so I hope I am not met with unequal comparisons.

Everyone remember HillaryCare, right?

Senator Clinton has received $150,600 in contributions from insurance and pharmaceutical companies, which she accused in 1993 of “price gouging” and “unconscionable profiteering.”

How could she compromise so ugly on something that defined her not too long ago?

“This reveals that Hillary Clinton is a politician more concerned with campaign contributions than policies she claims to support,” Ms. Schmitt said of the senator’s efforts to court the health care industry. In fact, during her 2000 Senate campaign, she sharply criticized her opponent, Rick A. Lazio, as being beholden to the pharmaceutical industry for taking donations from drugmakers.

If she wanted to make a point, not accepting their grease money would've been a good start.

Separate analyses by the Center for Responsive Politics, an independent group that tracks campaign finance, and by The New York Times show that Senator Clinton has received $854,462 from the health care industry in 2005-6, a larger amount than any candidate except Senator Santorum, with $977,354.

Some health care providers are giving more money to Republican candidates over all, but they are hedging their bets by donating to Senator Clinton as well.

And there are many links to reveal her lies, misquotes, and overall association with washington elitists.

So in many ways they are the same, however, in a world that craves change, they are shooting for the purest form of a politician. And the purest for to "them" now seems to be a clean record with not too many accomplishments, and not too many lies.

And yes, he is more likable than Hilary, which obviously plays a role.

I myself haven't decided to vote yet.

NY TIMES 06'

AAC

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

LOL, those are great videos, SteveR. It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic. Granted, you'll find that it happens on both sides of the isle, but the sheer number of vacuous Obama zombies who support the guy so passionately despite knowing nothing of what he stands for other than some empty rhetoric of 'change' is a bit frightening.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JessicaS
I wonder why people have fallen under the spell of someone who is in almost every issue identical to his opponent, and are willing to defend him to the end.... and against those who are in the same party or mindset for change?

It's perplexing... to say the least, and does give a "brainless" or "Sheeple" feel to it. If you feel that it doesn't apply to you, maybe you should give logical reasons on how HRC is any different than BO.

I feel the same way. That's why I started this thread where Obama supporters can list all the policy positions that caused them to pick Obama over Clinton (as opposed to personality issues).

Read Obama's Most Popular Policy Positions Here

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

ok so who do you support and name some accomplishments that they have under their belt and then you have the right to talk about "obamatrons" being ignorant sheeple otherwise stop talking.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Best Spoken Word Album, Grammy Award, 2006; Chairman's Award, National Association for the Advancement Colored People, 2005; 100 most influential people in the world, Time Magazine, 2005; 10 people who will change the world, New Statesman, 2005; Harold Blake Walker Award, Christopher House, 2005; Rock the Nation Award, Rock the Vote, 2005; Outstanding Legislator Award, Campaign for Better Health Care and Illinois Primary Health Care Association, 1998; Best Freshman Legislator Award, Independent Voters of Illinois, 1997; Monarch Award for Outstanding Public Service, 1994; “40 Under 40” Award, Crain's Chicago Business, 1993

there is a list of some awards he has received. Ithink awards signify accomplishments right? so what is the point to your thread?

[edit on 31-5-2008 by caballero]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by caballero

there is a list of some awards he has received. Ithink awards signify accomplishments right? so what is the point to your thread?

[edit on 31-5-2008 by caballero]

There is an incredible disconnect from reality at play here. Let's begin with this: Awards do not necessarily signify accomplishment.

Take the case of Irene Sandler. She saved over 2500 Jewish kids from being sent to Nazi concentration camps. She kept their names in a glass jar and buried the jar under a tree. She was beaten by the Nazis and still wouldn't tell where she put the kids. After the war she went back and dug up the jar and went looking for the kids. Sadly, most of their parents were killed in the concentration camps, but she still tried to find permanent families for them.

Irene was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize for her accomplishments. But she lost. She didn't get the Nobel Peace Award.

Who did?

Al Gore. He made a slide show.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Yep. 'Awards' are often nothing more than thinly veiled popularity contests. There's no better example than the one you posted.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Obama's problems will come when he has to meet foreign leaders (McCain has already travelled Europe).

His foreign policy has already been questioned in private by the British foreign secretary, when he met David Miliband in Washington. Other European nations think he is naive for wanting to meet with the likes of Castro and Kim Jong Il

If he gets elected, which I doubt it, Obama will only be a one term president.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join