It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brainless Voters (Obama Sheep)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 30 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Here we go folks... the product of 51 million dollars of marketing.

I think this sums it up pretty well:

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
Winston Churchill

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Really?

WE'RE the mindless people when you can't even think of an original anti-Obama theme?

Hmmm...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Deflection as usual.

Go ahead, make yourself useful, name an accomplishment.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
While I'm not a supporter of Senator Obama, I don't think that characterizing his supporters as Sheep really does anyone much good. The reality, or better said, MY reality is that there are three frontrunners for the U.S. Presidency. Honestly, I'm not overly thrilled with any of them. Perhaps highlighting your views of what you think is the best choice, or even your views of the worst choice might serve you better. Would be move conducive toward getting responses that are in the spirit of a good debate also.

Cheers

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

I've named plenty in other Obama threads. Who's deflecting now? Because I'm actually on topic here.

And this is STILL not an original tactic, Steven. I expect that if you think you're the one who can supposedly rise above the alleged cult-like mentality, that you wouldn't be following the huge anti-Obama crowd/cult and be able to think on your own.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

I enjoy showing the truth. Most Obamatrons are sheeple who can't handle criticism. The fact you post here armed without any comments to the topic at hand only reinforces these perceptions of Obamatrons. All emotion and no logic. Obama appeals to the irrational side of you.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

No, because I've already had plenty of Obama logic debates, I thought I would take your EXACT same position on this thread.

I'm just mimicking you here. Soooooo, I guess if I'm without logic...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Like Sean Hannity is a well informed and intelligent voter.

Reminds me of what this voter said when he was asked by the local TV station what he thought about mush loosebowels drug problem... and he said:

"I listen to Rush all the time... and now I don't know what to think."

Personally I would not have admitted that publicly myself.

If you judge all Obama supporters by that selection, which was obviously edited... you are a bigger fool than they appear to be.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by grover]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I agree that Obama hasn’t had many big accomplishments in the Senate, wth the Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act of 2006 being one that stands out in my mind: www.dailykos.com...

Being an executive is much different from being a legistator though, so I don’t know how important that kind of experience is. I think where Obama excels is his ability to communicate his ideas in a way that inspires action. This is reflected in his fundraising, the fact that he’s inspired almost 1 million people to donate to a PRIMARY campaign. (my.barackobama.com...) As a point of reference, about 120,000 people donated to Bush’s campaign in 2000 and about 215,000 people donated to him in 2004. (Gore had 50,000 contributors, Kerry had 220,000 contributors). And this is contributors in the primary AND general elections combined.

When you can get that kind of involvement, you can get more people to exert pressure on Congress directly, taking back control of the government from the lobbyists groups that have severely hampered our government’s abilities to function in our best interests as opposed to big business’s.
Blog

Words of Texas Senator Kirk Watson from www.kirkwatson.com...

Had I not lost my mind, here are the accomplishments I would have mentioned:

* Senator Obama’s fight for universal children’s health care in Illinois.
* His success bringing Republicans and Democrats together (a huge selling point for me in general) on bills such as the one in Illinois requiring police interrogations and confessions to be videotaped.
* His leadership on ethics reform in Washington (the bill that lobbyists and special interests are complaining about right now has his name on it).
* His bill to make the federal budget far more transparent and accessible to Americans via the Internet – we could use that openness in Texas.
* And his vital work with Republicans to lock down nuclear weapons around the world.

Perhaps the Clinton's and the PTB used a little mind control. If those scenes didn't look contrived, I don't know what would.

I liked this quote.

I’m amazed you discounted all evidence that this is a man of substance. It tells me more about you than it does about Obama. Look at what you value and consider what Obama would have to have doen to meet your standards… resolve conflicts in the middle east? Prevent the loan scandle? Prevented GWB from occupying Iraq? I can’t imagine. One man can only lead. Alone we all fall short. If Obama unifies the country and gives the young a reason to believe in the power of democracy then that will be his lasting legacy. You may stand on the sidelines and shake your head but you may at some point get the feeling that something good is happening this year. A change that matters.

Hey Guys, have you ever seen Obama's PUBLISHED BLUE PRINT FOR CHANGE?

It's actually an inspiring read.

Some more accomplishments...

US Senate:
Cosponsored with Tom Coburn an act that requires public documentation of all congressional earmarks.

Passed ethics and lobbying reform (tightening gift and disclosure rules)

Passed laws requiring the securing of loose nukes, shoulder-fired AA missiles and land mines.

Supported the Gitmo defense attorneys who were lobbying congress for fair trials (including loaning them office space in 2006) — they’ve since endorsed him.

IL Senate:
Taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago

Passed a law in IL requiring mandatory video recordings of police interrogations

Community activist and lawyer:
Pursued and won several lawsuits ensuring full access to the ballot box.

registered thousands of voters in for the 1992 US Senate race, credited with helping Carol Mosely Braun win.

Speaking about respect and character...

Promised to come back to the community he had helped rebuild when he went to Harvard law.

Turned down [reputed] supreme court clerkship and/or certain high paying positions in NY to make good on his promise.

More accomplishments

And I don't think Ronald Reagan Legislated anything, yet he is widely considered to be the best prez of the era.

Just wanted to throw some fuel on the other side of the coin.

AAC

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

I don't see you mimicking anyone here. I haven't been in your threads at all. I do see you stomping around on a daily basis crying that other people don't support your precious Barack Obama. Fanatical relationships like yours are examined in my threads and I understand this irritates you. However all you are doing in your replies is proving how intolerant and desperate you are.

Cults of personality are the most dangerous political campaigns of all. By design they arouse vast numbers of weak minded people and turn them into zealots. I like observing this phenomenon and calling it out for what it is.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
And bush minor didn't indulge in a cult of personality?

If he wore a blue tie all the talking heads wore blue ties... if it was pooka dot so were theirs.... and he put personal loyalty to himself before loyalty to the constituition... and should anyone point out his flaws follies and faults they were visciously attacked.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
I think where Obama excels is his ability to communicate his ideas in a way that inspires action.

So could Adolph Hitler. What the man stands for is far more important than how he speaks.

taking back control of the government from the lobbyists groups

Taking it back for who, is the real question here. Who is Barack Obama really?

Hey Guys, have you ever seen Obama's PUBLISHED BLUE PRINT FOR CHANGE?

Page 6. "Lobbyists have not funded my campaign."

If you were to believe every word he writes, perhaps it is inspiring. However, you should always fact check.

Obama's Lobbyist Line debunked. Read it.

Passed a law in IL requiring mandatory video recordings of police interrogations

As for the rest... touche'... what interests me most is the typical obama sheeple who vote based on color and his pandering to victims. You believe the millions of votes for him, and the 90% black vote, was inspired by policy? His platform and Hillary Clinton's are virtually identical.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
And bush minor didn't indulge in a cult of personality?

Bush figures in this how? I would probably agree with any criticism you can muster about Bush minor.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The only reason Obama is so popular is because Bush is not. Many people are just so anxious to have anyone that does not remind them of dubya.
That is fine, but the Obama supporters take it to extremes because they don't realze Obama does not stand for anything but "change". However, he never explains just how he plans on accomplishing this so called "change". He is extremely vague and that is the scariest thing about this election.
Regarding his plan for "change", I can't help but keep thinking to myself, the Obama zombies better be careful, they just might get what they wish for.

Lets be real, things are not as bad as most people would care to believe, but what if things turn out worse than they already are if he becomes President?
His followers can't even consider this possibility.

This country will soon become an ObamaNation.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Back on topic, I agree that the voters are becoming more and more brainless. These videos actually show the INTELLIGENT voters. The really brainless voters are far worse.

Ever watch Jay Leno's Jaywalking segments? OMG.... one woman couldn't recognize a photo of John Edwards, and then said she didn't even know who she voted for in 2004, just that he was a Democrat.

Seriously, the reason we have three lousy candidates running for President and a terrible Congress, not to mention the current inept administration is exactly because brainless voters put these clowns in office.

We deserve what we get.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

I don't see you mimicking anyone here. I haven't been in your threads at all. I do see you stomping around on a daily basis crying that other people don't support your precious Barack Obama. Fanatical relationships like yours are examined in my threads and I understand this irritates you. However all you are doing in your replies is proving how intolerant and desperate you are.

Really? 'Examined'? You're not examining ANYTHING. You're attacking me and anyone else who likes Obama over McCain or Hillary. Very juvenile and childish.

Is that what you call 'Brainless Voters (Obama Sheep)'? Examining? If you'll notice, I haven't been to any Obama threads lately, so throwing around your attempts at insulting me are REALLY not making you look as cool as you think.

Why don't we 'examine' the people who get so caught up in this 'anti-Obama cult' as well, just to make this 'examination' more thorough? Or, are you going to call it like it REALLY is instead?

[edit on 5/30/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
I haven't been to any Obama threads lately.

Depends if lately in your vocabulary means the past 24 hours or so.

You're all over them.

Or, are you going to call it like it REALLY is instead?

Why don't you tell us how it really is? Obama zombie.

And I mean about the Obama campaign, not the "anti-Obamas". Obama is who we are talking about, right? So enlighten us why he is the superior and we must not tolerate those who oppose him.

Also. Are you African American?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
You're attacking me and anyone else who likes Obama over McCain or Hillary.

Oh BOO HOO I'm attacking you. Here we see the victim complex of a typical Obamatron. You're on MY thread about OBAMA, and you say I'm trying to attack you.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

My fault. I forgot that trying to talk with you is like talking to my teenage sister. You just don't get it, do you?

Depends if lately in your vocabulary means the past 24 hours or so.

You're all over them.

Oh, damn. I forgot about the one post I made replying to Poet1b. Guess that means I'm 'all over them within the past 24 hours, huh?' Think before you speak, I know you can do it.

Why don't you tell us how it really is? Obama zombie.

See look, I can do it too!

And, so now we're NAME calling to make our points, are we? Well, aren't you just the CUTEST little thing...

This is a forum for adults mmmkay... Run along now and play with your friends...
(See, I hit the little laughing guy again).

Oh BOO HOO I'm attacking you. Here we see the victim complex of a typical Obamatron. You're on MY thread about OBAMA, and you say I'm trying to attack you.

Ok, now try and follow me here. It might be difficult for you without your medicine, but give it a try.

Why don't you tell us how it really is?

Well, I did, and you came back at me with 'Boo hoo'. Hmmm...

And, if you don't think calling me an 'Obama sheep' and 'brainless' ISN'T an attack, well then, I'd say you've got some more schooling to finish up. Specifically with anything 1st grade and below.

Run along now...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

As for the rest... touche'... what interests me most is the typical obama sheeple who vote based on color and his pandering to victims.

I am curious to ask if the fact that his very presence inspires ignorant support, connected by resonating victim-syndrome, spiritually "Irks" you?

You believe the millions of votes for him, and the 90% black vote, was inspired by policy? His platform and Hillary Clinton's are virtually identical.

You're a great fighter.

Would you resent the "Who's your daddy now" smirks if he was elected?

I know I would.
I joke.

I enjoy butting heads with a guy like you.

EDIT: I forgot to plug the "NObama's!"

AAC

[edit on 30-5-2008 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join