It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

-GOD- Easily proven....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedarkprojekt

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter

Maybe because God doesn't exist?...

Ah yes and here comes the waves of athiest rants

Actually, agnostic/philospher...there is a difference...

Doesn't matter what you believe there will always be this arguement.

So I guess it would be cool to call you a robotic christian?...

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Put all of your religious beleifs aside and all that u learned from the bible and church and wat not and pretend u never even knew about god in the first place...wouldnt this seem like a reasonable idea to confirm that god does in fact exist - referring to the idea of litfing a pen in front of ur eyes....

Also if no one ever told u about religion, would u ever think of GOD and beleive in him???...

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I believe in god, but he does not exist.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

And this folks is and always WILL be a stalemate

The problem is that neither side sees it like that; they both think that they are 100% correct in what they believe. Well, I am here to tell you that both sides are wrong, but I know the truth!

Yes true and im sure you have some definition of truth, but how do you really know its the truth?

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
So i guess it would be cool tocall you a robotic christian?

LOL....good call

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Lets not jump to conclusions there fellow, i havn't told you what I believe in, im just starting up a fiery debate am I not? haha

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by thedarkprojekt]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

And this folks is and always WILL be a stalemate

The problem is that neither side sees it like that; they both think that they are 100% correct in what they believe. Well, I am here to tell you that both sides are wrong, but I know the truth!

Yes true and im sure you have some definition of truth, but how do you really know its the truth?

I was just joking....or was I!?! Wait, now I can't remember which it was!

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Lets not jump to conclusions there fellow, i havn't told you what I believe in, im just starting up a fiery debate an I not? haha

Exactly
So it does matter doesn't it?...

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Lets not jump to conclusions there fellow, i havn't told you what I believe in, im just starting up a fiery debate an I not? haha

Exactly
So it does matter doesn't it?...

Doesn't matter to me im not the one arguing for either side, just prodding each side a bit haha

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Everyone that doesn't believe in god is going to hell where the Easter bunny is going to kick your @ss as the tooth fairy holds you down. Heathens!

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
People, please stop quoting entire posts, only to fire off a one line comment. You can quote the basic relevant line which you are responding to.

- ktpr

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Everyone that doesn't believe in god is going to hell where the Easter bunny is going to kick your @ss as the tooth fairy holds you down. Heathens!

As appose to you, i am being seriuos in the fact that people will go to hell if they dont beleive in GOD....doesnt that strike people as odd and a bit frightening. Just becasue, out your free will, which god gave you, and correct me if iam wrong, you choose not to beleive you have to suffer in hell??...unless of course god is using the idea of free will to only make it seem like you have a choice. I mean u do have a choice but its completely bias. If u chose to beleive then good....but if u choose not too, then u burn in hell. Seems a little sketchy.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuDaCrIs

As appose to you, i am being seriuos in the fact that people will go to hell if they dont beleive in GOD....doesnt that strike people as odd and a bit frightening. Just becasue, out your free will, which god gave you, and correct me if iam wrong, you choose not to beleive you have to suffer in hell??...unless of course god is using the idea of free will to only make it seem like you have a choice. I mean u do have a choice but its completely bias. If u chose to beleive then good....but if u choose not too, then u burn in hell. Seems a little sketchy.

You are making a big assumption that we have free will and if we do then wouldn't that make god not omnipident?

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
So are u trying to say we dont have free will???..

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuDaCrIs
I for one have never hated or viewed religion as a bad thing, but the other day i was having a debate on how God might be proven and eventually i came out an said..."you know what...i will pray every day, follow all the rules set by god and the bible if he/she (GOD) was able to perform a simple task such as lifting my pen off of my table right now." Thats all it would take to convince me....yet this hasnt happened. Why cant god just perform a simple task in front of my eyes??...i dont understand the concept of "not being able to question god"...and everytime i have this debate the opposing veiw says that god should be trusted and not need be questioned...well why not, if all it takes to convert me 100% is to lift a pen off my desk in front of my eyes???...

Im sure Jesus once said

Do not put thy god to the test

(Do not test god)

If god proved himself like that it could cause a lot more problems that it solved (We have already got people using religion to gain power of there own now even when people dont believe)

Also whats the point in having faith in something if they are just going to show you everything regardless

If god started making examples of his power then people would follow blind and in effect be worshiping a god that dosnt exist (Due to them following his power and not his teachings) as they would go off track and not discover what god/jesus/religous books has to say

people have free will to beleve what they want if god came down and started making exampes to everyone it would in a sence scare and make them feel like they had to worship god

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by Crash]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Yes my apologies about the lengthly quotes. I should know better being admin over a lengthly network of my own.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   

You are making a big assumption that we have free will and if we do then wouldn't that make god not omnipident?

Mine first!

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It certainly is interesting to see the "faith" or belief in a book that for the most part, could be a work of fiction. Now I am not trying to start an athiest "rant" as it has been called, but rather face facts that God cannot be proven. Faith is a choice.

In fact, those who do believe in God are probably similar to many here with a belief in UFOs, bigfoot, Bush planned 9-11, etc. They believe despite what others, and sometimes even science has to say on the matter.

One person that says faith is nonsense, would turn and argue you to the wall that Bush planned 9-11, because of a "feeling" and they just know. That is a faith too.

I guess the point is that, even though God cannot be proven...we are all more alike in our various "faiths" than some people think.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crash

Im sure Jesus once said

Do not put thy god to the test

(Do not test god)

If god proved himself like that it could cause a lot more problems that it solved (We have already got people using religion to gain power of there own now even when people dont believe)

Like what???.....

If god started making examples of his power then people would follow blind and in effect be worshiping a god that dosnt exist (Due to them following his power and not his teachings) as they would go off track and not discover what god/jesus/religous books has to say[Edited on 2-3-2004 by Crash]

Good point, but i was merely trying to emphasize that all it would take to make me beleive in him is lifting up a pen. i am not saying i would follow his power alone and not his teachings, but that i would follow his teachings and everything else if he jsut lifted my pen with his power...

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
LuDaCrIs, you are going about this the wrong way. God does not need you to believe in him, you need belief in God to move to something better after you are done with this life.
God is spiritual life, God is faith, the world beyond this one is where your body won't follow. You need to BELIEVE deep down inside in it, regardless of what you see or hear with your limited material body. Thats the whole point.

Oh, and I agree with what Zedd said, religion is a choice, a thing we chose to believe without 100% sure evidence that it exists. That is why there is no one single right religion, it is all based on personal belief, it is subjective, it is not an objective truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join