It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philosophical Research Society - Manly P. Hall's University

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Is anyone here familiar with PRS? It was founded by Manly P. Hall (well known 33rd MM).

www.uprs.edu...

It's located in LA, and I have had my eye on the school for quite a while. Unfortunately, it's impractical for me right now, and more like something I would do if I became very wealthy and quit my day job. Anyways, they cover courses from studying symbols, to alchemy, to "consciousness studies" and much more.

e.g.

MCS/MTP 501 - A New Myth of God: Religious Function of the Psyche; MCS 502 - Consciousness & Creative Communication; MCS 503 - Science & Spirituality; MCS 504 - World Religions; MCS/MTP 506 - Alchemy & Psychotherapy

MCS/MTP 551 - Spiritual Psychology; MCS/MTP 552 - Self-Regulation: Foundation of Human Potential; MCS/MTP 553 - Physics of the Soul; MCS 554 - The Wisdom of Islam; MCS 555 - Understanding the Bible

MCS 601 - Upanishads & Bhagavad Gita; MCS 602 - Buddhism in the Modern World; MCS 603 - Wisdom of Classical Philosophy; MCS/MTP 604 - Outer & Inner Creativity; MCS/MTP 605 - Mythic Stories in Depth Psychology

MCS/MTP 651 - Psi Research; MCS/MTP 652 - Buddhist Psychology & Methods of Healing; MCS 653 - Essentials of Mind-Body Medicine; MCS/MTP 654 - Intuition in Business; MCS 655/MTP 602 - Mind in the Cosmos: The Evolution of Consciousness.

MCS/MTP 701 - Thesis Course: Student Comprehensive.

It also appears they have started to accept students online as of January of this year (2008). Here is a video that was posted on the site recently:

www.uprs.edu...

If anyone has any personal experiences with this school - whether alumni, attended, visited the campus, or even if you have heard about it and want to chime in - please do so.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
The school is on Los Feliz Blvd. I have personally visited the library and started my research into Secret Societies when I was around 22 from books I had checked out from that library.

The root core of the Illuminatus System is not divulged there, but MPH does as good a job as any at hinting all around the place without "giving it all away".

The funny thing is, Crowley and the OTO give more away than MPH, and Crowley was associated with the left hand while MPH was right hand.

You can get good information there, but in the end, you need to put it all together yourself.

I have thought of teaching there myself, night classes on gematria and other forms of Illuminatus coding spoken of by MPH, but am currently not even in country.

If you are at a stage where you need to lay your foundation and acquire knowledge, there is some good cases to be made that this is one of the better places to go. Use it to suck up information, and not take it too further than that would be my recommendation.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
thanks for the insight, how is the library?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Definitely some courses there that pique the interest...

I knew about PRS and have browsed their website a bit; IIRC some of Hall's writings, etc. are posted there. This was a couple of years ago though when I was reading Secret Teachings so I could be mistaken about where I read whatever it was. Lots of info absorbed and my mental filing system is not the best!

I do know for a fact though that I have quoted a bio, probably here on ATS, of Manly P. Hall from that site. I think there's a link to it in my "Lowdown" thread, too. Wasn't aware that they actually offered courses though; I thought it was just sort of a library and research org.

Ah well. I would LOVE to browse that library... perhaps if it weren't 2,500 miles or whatever from me.

[edit on 5/31/08 by The Axeman]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by android1296

I am interested in the "code" that MPH was talking in.

Could you give me an example of words used in conjunction that appeared to mean one thing, but really meant another?

Also, if you don't mind of course, could you tell us here what it was your conclusion happened to be? You said we have to put it together our selves using the bits of code spoken by these authors, what was your outcome?

As axeman said, I would be interested in taking some of these classes, but alas, I am 3k miles away.

new topics

top topics

join