It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

0kay ufo/alien critics youve finally pissed me off

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I joined ats a couple of weeks ago, as id heard all about it being an alternative website for people with different interests to view/share their experiences.

However ive noticed everytime theres somebody whos made a post about a ufo or alien, no matter how serious or ridiculous it is, theres always some skeptic who will not only just question the thread (im all for criticism) but will mock it, and make a joke out of it, BUT IS MORE THAN HAPPY TO GO ONTO HIS 911 CONSPIRACY SECTION AND TALK ABOUT HOW 911 WAS ALL A CONSPIRACY!

It works both ways, you can not think its more than fine to have views on one topic, expect people to respect them but to make fun of people with views on a different alternative topic...
ATS is an alternative website for people with alternative ideas... U KNEW THAT BEFORE SIGNING UP AND IF ALL YOU ARE GOING TO DO IS MOCK AND MAKE A JOKE OUT OF UFO THREADS WITH YOUR SILLY PHOTOSHOPING AND JOKES THEN DONT BOTHER!

I am all open for criticism, but NOT MOCKERY

Ill say it again, im disgusted by the attitude of users on recent threads such as the `alien video` thread.. yes if you think its fake thats fine, but why mock it, why make jokes and stupid fotoshops.. if you cant respect peoples opinions and thoughts then DON'T BOTHER COMING INTO THE UFO SECTION!

God i hate some people

And no doubt youll have no direct answer youll use something rubbish like `oh your contradicting yourself` or `oh criticism is fine` blah blah blah which has NOTHING to do with my post!

Sorry but im sure some people will stick up for me here......

THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR MOCKING PEOPLES THREADS, IF YOU DONT APROVE OF WHAT THEY SAY AND HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY THEN STAY THE HELL OFF OF IT!

[edit on 30-5-2008 by elibubbles]

[edit on 30-5-2008 by elibubbles]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Buuuuut its ok for you to go off about someone elses posting habits ... mkay, gotcha.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Coshy
Buuuuut its ok for you to go off about someone elses posting habits ... mkay, gotcha.

typical this is what i mean

sheer ignorance, and avoiding the topic!!!!!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by elibubbles

Actually, his post made more sense than yours. How come you dont think he should be aloud to say what he thinks when you have no problem rudely telling everyone what you think?

I'm sorry if your threads (or other peoples) can't stand up too a little scrutiny.

When a thread is started with a moronic topic, it is going to get moronic responses, deal with it.
Getting all glutius maximus-hurt about it and yelling at an entire website sure won't help the situation.
If you don't like the way threads are discussed, you are more than welcome to go to one of those other boards where everyone worships the people who show a pixelated 4th generation image of some celeb and say its a shape shifting reptile because in ONE frame it kind of looks like his eyes change.
You know, the boards where Micheal Horn can go and actually be welcomed.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by Tiloke]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Scrutiny is ok, it's justified and it's expected. However rudeness and out and out criticism is not. This board tries to pride itself on being courteous and respectful. If you don't have anything directly to say about the subject but insist on degrading a member for posting an idea that you do not agree with then you certainly have the problem not the poster. I don't buy into many of the UFO threads. That's why I don't bother posting in them. If I don't agree with the subject 9 times out of 10 I will not post in that thread. If I have nothing to add to the discussion there is no need for me to belittle the member for their idea.

This is what the jokes constitute. A direct attack on the original poster and not an attack on the idea. To ridicule an idea that you don't subscribe to is not only pointless but it is also mean spirited and altogether does no good to anyone on this board.

It is ok to question even offer up contradictory evidence disproving the original claim. That is expected, that is healthy skepticism, to just go in and mock and ridicule the OP is not healthy skepticism it is just Internet bullying and therefore falls under the link that I provided. This is a place for alternative views, if you don't believe in UFOs then by all means when you do see a UFO thread pop up please be kind and respectful enough to steer clear of the offending topic UNLESS you have contradictory evidence disproving the OP claim. Then show your evidence in a respectful and courteous manner. This is a board for all not a board that is there to allow you to be an Internet bully while you feel your ideas are above scrutiny.

new topics

top topics

join