It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive sea creature? (google earth coordinates)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Was just reading the emergencies website and saw one a bout a boat sinking off the coast of Waukegan . Went on to google maps to have a look and when we zoomed in we saw this in the water ! Looks like a squid to me but my other half reckons it could be a sand bank or something . Definitely big though judging by the 2 boats towards the top right.

I'm going to post the link to the website and instructions how to find it on google that way but the google coordinates ARE : 41 deg 21'21.00 N and 87 deg 48'42.75 W .

Link - Emergencies Website
- if you click on google maps and zoom in on the target the object in question is between the sun's reflection and the end of the harbour , there are 2 boats to the north east of it and it is above the copyright sign of google maps .

Ahh for those who can't be bothered here's the image I uploaded to botophucket Pic

enjoy

Mr B

[edit on 5/30/2008 by mrbenn]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
This is crazy im downloading google earth right now so I can have a look at it.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I'm no expert but I think that this is a sandbank.

I think that the logical explanation should outweigh the fantastical until more sufficient evidence is presented. Although I'd do see how you can see a Giant squid there. I check back dated photos to see if there is a sand bank there before.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by kleverone]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Looks like a whale to me.....

Maybe the picture is too much zoomed in, I swear they use picture to fill in the blanks sometimes.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Yeah, I can see that too. Like I said, I think we need to see shot of the same coordinates from an earlier date.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I have an easier time believing a boat hit a sandbank than was struck down by a sea monster.. buuuuuut. We still need more evidence! Cool pic though, thanks.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Kleverone thanks for takin my Mrs' side lol so I typed Lake Michigan Monster into google .....

Wisconsin's Monsters Of The Deep

If you scroll to the bottom you'll see an old newspaper headline .

LOL upon further research I think her name is Bessie although that may be a different lake

Wiki - Lake Monster

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mrbenn

Oh I feel ya dude, I'm not saying that this is not a monster of some sort....it very well could be. I just happen to believe that it is a sandbank.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Looks like a humpback whale swimming on its side.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
First instincts: Jar Jar Binks

After personal analysis: sand bank.

But i'm just gonna wait for more word on this before i gosaying it's this or that. I'll believe if it's a squid or whale. doubt it's something currently unknown to us though

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Yeah I'm not saying its alien or anything , but it Does have some symmetry ( I think quite a lot ) and I'm now checking nautical maps of Lake M. for sandbanks but I can't sea (sorry) anything . Split decision anyone?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Here a comparison with the whale.
www.deepseaimages.com...

[edit on 30-5-2008 by alienstar]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Looks like a sand bank or silt.

Here is a picture of Vancouver, Canada and the area from Google Earth which shows similar silt/sand banks from the Frasier River.

Theres even a part when you are crossing over from the mainland to Vancouver Island via ferry when you can see a distinct line from where the fresh water and mud from the river mixes with the cleaner ocean water.

But you never know, maybe it is a big sea monster.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mrbenn

My fellow scouser -

may I first say -

CALM DOWN, CALM DOWN!!!!!

Anyway, being serious again, I think the symmetry is slightly off which to me shows a sand bank and a current flowing slightly stronger to one side.

VERY interesting find tho, kidda.

Anyway, why aint you int the grafton?

take care, from a guy who sees the sandbanks on the mersey every day from his window...

MSP.

:-)

NOW THEN, KIDDA LA.

:-p

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I hate to say it, but it's a boat. The center part is the boat, the waves come off the sides where it cuts through the water, and the 3 'tails' off the back are engine wakes.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Hers a sea monster found in that area thats been spotted.Right in your same location.
The waters off the Pacific Northwest coast of North America is said to be the home of a seafaring cousin of the Lock Ness Monster, dubbed Cadborosaurus by Victoria, British Columbia newspaper editor Archie Willis in the early 1930's. The large snake-like creature has been seen for over a thousand years from Alaska to Oregon, with most of the reported sightings occurring in the inland waters around Vancouver Island and northern Olympic Peninsula.

www.qsl.net...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
A wake?

That looks like no boat's wake I have ever seen..

Not a chance of that as far as I'm concerned mate.

Sorry to disagree with you.

Peace,

MSP

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Yer i don't think its a wake , that view is from 1100ft and with water dispersion I don't think the wake would be that visible .

OOHH now you come to say it... yer I can make it all out I'm now quite happy to believe its a boat , you can make the triangular shape of it out and the 'arms' are the bow waves breaking and , like my esteemed colleague says , there are 3 wakes coming from the propellor at the back. Does look slightly magnified tho , but as stated in a previous reply maybe thats to fill the gaps! Nice one guys , i think that one is solved !

Goodnight from Liverpool ( dog walkin time !)

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It could be - if it was a damned big boat like the maltese falcon or something, but for a wake like that the engines would have to be in a really stange place - unless they were hitting both bow thrusters as they were motoring - which would make no sense at all - plus - you would clearly see a boat off 100ft plus from that altitude..

ANYWAY - WHY AINT U IN THE GRAFTON KIDDA - stop avoiding the question lol

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
EDIT: Images cut off... Links below:

Boat 1

Boat 2
[edit on 30-5-2008 by Earthscum]

[edit on 30-5-2008 by Earthscum]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join