It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opposition mounts to U.S.-Iraq security deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Opposition mounts to U.S.-Iraq security deal

www.msnbc.msn.com

Although U.S. officials insist they are not seeking permanent bases, suspicion runs deep among many Iraqis that the Americans want to keep at least some troops in the country for many years.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Really???? The Iraqis don't want us there forever??? I can't imagine why not!!!

Yet we hear McCain saying that he won't pull out of Iraq, and there are plenty on here who seem to believe that a quasi-permanent "security force" in Iraq is a good idea. Maybe the opinion of the Iraqi people will have some impact. If even the Iraqis are suspicious, maybe we should be too?

www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by scarlett1125

Really???? The Iraqis don't want us there forever??? I can't imagine why not!!!

Yet we hear McCain saying that he won't pull out of Iraq, and there are plenty on here who seem to believe that a quasi-permanent "security force" in Iraq is a good idea. Maybe the opinion of the Iraqi people will have some impact. If even the Iraqis are suspicious, maybe we should be too?

www.msnbc.msn.com

Scarlett:

I don't think that at any time, the public will be included in the decisions of the the "decision makers". As unfortunate as it is, the people will never have a say. The "unrespective" government will never pull out of any situation they don't want to because they simply "don't have to"

Not to get off topic, but this is the same idea when Chaney was asked about the US citizens opinion on the war in Iraq.... He simply answerd... "So"? They don't care about us or our opinions so they certainly won't care what the Iraq people think. Very frustrating.

new topics

join