It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MATRIX style brain interface/Downloading within 30 years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This is Pretty scary,

Source...yahoo news

Quote from Source above

Children will learn by downloading information directly into their brains within 30 years, an education expert has predicted.

In a way, with the way a lot of teenagers behave today... I can see this as having a positive effect on them, you could theoretically re-program there antiscocial behaviour with new ones. Thats where I think it may have a use in severe cases.

I however feel this is morally wrong and intrudes on a persons individuality maybe?

for it to be implemented for every student in schools. to "teach" them Digitally by Uploading info into the brain.. yes its Exciting but opens up a million and one Potential problems

Who would control it?

Would it give governments (illuminati) opertunity to Upload/Condition certain behavours to there Pleasing.

just think they could brainwah most of the children OUR NEXT GENERATION OF HUMANS into submission or sheep or robots, where everyone would do as there told. Eventually just by implementing this in schools, the entire population Could be re-programmed.

This isent sci-fi anymore or a theory.
This will happen soon by the sound of it, and We all know full well the Governments will take an intrest in this and Abuse it.

I would like to hear why you all think it could be a good idea aswell as this kind of tecnology Is also Very Exciting indeed

Reminds me of TOTAL RECALL!!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Wow, this is pretty disturbing news. I don't want to try and imagine the endless possibilities this could have on our future generations. I hope this tech happens but controlled to let us pick and choose what we learn.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I think that I'll learn Spanish today.

Let's see, it's about 11:00 and I've got a couple of hours.

That should do it.

Maybe tomorrow, I learn Swedish

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Agreed it needs to be controled.

but the wonderful things it could also lead to..

Since I was young I've always wished there would be a way to "Export" your Dreams to Video somehow, Haw amazing would that be!!!!

It could maybe also be used to "look" inside Suspects minds and determine weather or not they are guilty or innocent!

the possabillits are endless!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Wow. This topic should be entitled " whats wrong with the conspiracy community" This post is what is exactly wrong with the conspiracy community and thats biting and any news story. This "education expert" has no background in engineering or science and has no idea what technology will be avaible or implemented. We can't even get decent computers into our classrooms and all of the sudden we will be downloading information into our brains are you kidding me. I have some beliefs in conpsiracies but this is just ridicolous.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
:-) at Anonymous ATS.

What? you think this won't happen?

who cares if its 30 years or 200 years, this will happen.

I'm not biting any news story and turning it into somthing its not.

I'm mearly discussing the possabillities and its exciting to talk about and discuss.

also I havent been bashing it totally as a conspiracy, I told you I mostly wanted to discuss what cool new things could come with this kind of technology.

I am in the » Science & Technology room right?

I dont care if the Dr. in the article has a background or not , this technology will come to light. and has already in certain feilds like treating MS and parkinsons.

Its all intresting stuff!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I think it's going to happen much sooner, with the way Technology progresses:
wiki: Technological Singularity

The technological singularity is a hypothesised point in the future variously characterized by the technological creation of self-improving intelligence, unprecedentedly rapid technological progress, or some combination of the two.

Please refer to these threads that I feel relate to the topic at hand:

* Beyond Conspiracy: Artificial General Intelligence (Newsletter Special)

* Couple More Years: Artificial Intelligence and "Religions Last Stand"

* An Inconvenient Truth ON Al Gore: The Google A.I. Conspiracy

* Dubya and Al Gore's unknown unholy alliance.

* DARPA's iXo Artificial Intelligence Control Grid: 'The Official Version'

The Gov't will have the technology to do this alot sooner than you think. Whether we like it or not, the line between Man and Machine will become increasingly blurry. Like the author of the threads above remarks, "The consequences are unprecedented."

And what's up with the influx of "Anonymous" posts?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I'm sure it will happen sooner or later. It will help with people with mental disabilities. But there would be no need for schools anymore, which doesn't bring that challenge of learning anymore. I would personally love to know what every word in English is. I would also like to know what every word in Japanese is. Also being able to read it and pronounce it properly.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
But you need to realise that in doing this you take away the individual's comprehension of him or herself as a discrete, separate entity ?

Also what could be compatible for one person might not be for the next.

Imagine a personal computer running window's xp you upgrade that computer to vista.

Now depending on the other hardware that you used to build your computer most thing's will work however computer's are built with different hardware specification's and as individual's you might find nothing work's.

Infact your computer might be damaged beyond repair.

A very basic example i know but do you see what im getting at ?

It's not natural !

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 31-5-2008 by h3akalee]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I don't believe we'll achieve that within 30 years... perhaps a time frame of 100 might be more in order.

The method by which your brain stores information, it catalogs where each bit of information is stored along a random set of neurons. That neuron is then triggered once again when the information needs to be accessed.
The problem is, if you were to simply start filling up your memory with information, you still wouldn't know it was there... because your brain never applied one of it's neuron branches to that section of information.

So after you have assumingly learned Spanish, you might want to give it a try. Upon attempting to recall Spanish words, your brain will (in its own way) reply "Yes, but you never told me where you were putting it, did you?!"
Nor have you affiliated the new words or concepts learned with concepts you already have in storage. That is how your brain makes sense of new information, by applying that information along side concepts you already understand in a form of mental analogy.

No-one has figured out yet how to control the pathways responsible for memory location, nor how to branch off from an already used neuron pathway.
Until we do figure that out, this technology remains unfeasible.

... so you can breathe a sight of relief.

I said breathe! heh.

Now then...
The problems we WILL be facing with neural implants, are chemical controllers. They have figured out how to control the release of chemicals in your body through electrical stimulation.

With this being said, it's possible to make you hungry, thirsty, throw up, get angry, grow tired, get irritable, be happy, have an orgasm, be sad, be afraid, feel weak, feel pain, feel pleasure... or OD you on your own natural chemicals and let you die.

This of course can't be done without an implant, very precisely placed, though.
It's already begun to be implanted to combat a few chemical issues with the brain... They've managed to control epilepsy, sleep deprivation, stress, depression, and a few other issues so far with it... but it most certainly can be used for the wrong reason.

Imagine if it were mandatory to have such a thing implanted in your brain... say the government was tired of chemically unstable people, and made it mandatory for safety reasons... suddenly the entire population is under 100% control.
Set off the happy feelings when they make a speech.
Make them angry when they see pictures of the enemy.
Make them scared when the police pass by.
Or simply kill the problematic ones, and claim they OD'd on drugs.

100% uninhibited control over you.

Now THAT you can skip a few breaths with.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Downloading information right into our brain? Is this such a good idea?

On the surface, yes. I would love to be able to be able to download a complete book of music theory and automatically be a prodigy pianist. The implications are huge, but..

Could this usher in a new wave of a "brain virus"? Who is creating the information that you are to absorb into your brain? While i'm sure many have good intentions, I am sure even more have bad.

The possibilities are endless.. Small bits of code that cause you to think, do, feel certain sensations or actions. These could be hidden so intricately inside your favorite children's ABC lesson. As a network engineer, I know how easy it is to infect a computer, no matter what safeguards may be in place. Our brains are our computers, a very complex electrical device. How long till people are hacking the brain? Writing code to debug certain thought processes that when reverse engineered allow us to exploit certain vulnerabilities in the human nervous system?

This is some dangerous ground, and I assure you it is only a matter of time before someone like me (hacker, not cracker - major difference) figures out what the brain cant handle via external content.

Would it be possible to "patch" the brain? Or once something like this is found, will it always be there? Scary..

join