It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ANWR Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I spent some time reviewing the ANWR website and came to the conclusion that the ONLY reason not to drill for oil in ANWR must be a conspiracy to keep the supply of oil limited in order to help keep the prices high. Part of the conspiracy must also involve making sure the Middle East stays a strategic flashpoint so we can continue to fund the military complex to secure the "scarce" oil that's in the Middle East

Setting aside arguments about how long it will take for the oil from ANWR to impact prices, I'm curious why people think we shouldn't be drilling in ANWR. It's perhaps THE most isolated location in the U.S. The environmental impact would be nil, and even if it weren't, WHO CARES? It's in the middle of freakin' nowhere!

Can the lack of drilling in ANWR be explained by anything OTHER than a conspiracy to keep oil prices high?

Let's put it another way... do you REALLY think the politicians preventing drilling in ANWR SINCERELY give a caribou's a$$ about protecting the "beauty" of Alaska???

ANWR.org

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Setting aside arguments about how long it will take for the oil from ANWR to impact prices, I'm curious why people think we shouldn't be drilling in ANWR. It's perhaps THE most isolated location in the U.S. The environmental impact would be nil, and even if it weren't, WHO CARES? It's in the middle of freakin' nowhere!

Let's put it another way... do you REALLY think the politicians preventing drilling in ANWR SINCERELY give a caribou's a$$ about protecting the "beauty" of Alaska???

Hm. Well, I live in Alaska. And them drilling here is not going to affect this massive state. There is SO MUCH beauty here. It just goes on and on and on and on and on and on......most people here never even get to see the entire state!

The pipe line runs right past my house. I see it every day. It drives me INSANE seeing it, then paying $4.00 a gallon.

I dont know what the issue is, but it pisses me off, thats for sure.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Hm. Well, I live in Alaska. And them drilling here is not going to affect this massive state. There is SO MUCH beauty here. It just goes on and on and on and on and on and on......most people here never even get to see the entire state!

The pipe line runs right past my house. I see it every day. It drives me INSANE seeing it, then paying $4.00 a gallon.

I dont know what the issue is, but it pisses me off, thats for sure.

[edit on 30-5-2008 by greeneyedleo]

I can't imagine how pissed off you must be with the pipeline right beside your house and still paying $4 a gallon. I'm guessing that most people in Alaska have never even seen ANWR. It's not like it's some big touristy national park like Yellowstone, is it?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Maybe this will help, GEL.
Check out a fellow named Ray Kurzweil. A futurist of high regard, IMO.
He claims that, with the geometric progression of all technology, we will have the ability to run almost all of our energy needs using solar within our lifetimes.
He will be a guest on Glenn Beck's CNN Headline news show tonight.(I hope that isn't a violation of T&C)
I, being optimistic, would like to think that the west is still using oil as a sort of welfare program to the Middle East so that when that day comes, they won't be left to rot in their stone-age mentality, hopefully they'll have used some of those petro-dollars to build an infra-structure. Sorry if that sounds harsh.
Besides energy, crude is used for a lot more than gasoline. Plastics, pharms, electronics, etc. But if we're using sun, solar, wind,H2, whatever, what is a barrell of sweet going to be worth?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAUGHING-CAT
Maybe this will help, GEL.
Check out a fellow named Ray Kurzweil. A futurist of high regard, IMO.
He claims that, with the geometric progression of all technology, we will have the ability to run almost all of our energy needs using solar within our lifetimes.

And what happens if the futurists are overly optimistic on their timeline?

Wouldn't it make more sense to get the oil flowing from ANWR now. More importantly, what is the downside to drilling in ANWR? I still haven't heard anybody come up with a rational explanation other than there is a conspiracy to keep oil prices high so big oil can rake in more profits.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Couldn't agree more. What if?
No doubt there is already a form of global gov't.
Not the joke we call the U.N., but something much more sinister.
Now What?

I am not a big fan of futurists, still waiting on my flying car.

[edit on 5/30/2008 by LAUGHING-CAT]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Chertoff is disgusting. His policies are nothing but his attempts to police the American people. I didn't know that he was Israeli, but the fact that he seems un-American is much more disturbing to me.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by scarlett1125
Chertoff is disgusting. His policies are nothing but his attempts to police the American people. I didn't know that he was Israeli, but the fact that he seems un-American is much more disturbing to me.

Are you sure this has something to do with ANWR?

I'm not sure, but you may have posted this in the wrong thread.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Any thoughts on this article in Business Week that talks about an airborne technology Canada is using to find oil and gas? They mention that it would be perfect for ANWR as it would speed up discovery times and lessen the environmental impact.

digg.com...

new topics

top topics

join