It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chertoff Wants Israeli Anti-Terror Methods In U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Chertoff Wants Israeli Anti-Terror Methods In U.S.

www.blacklistednews.com

U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said on Thursday he will seek to adopt novel Israeli methods, like behaviour-detection technologies, to better secure America's airports.

"That's a scenario where Israel has a lot of experience," Chertoff said in an interview with Reuters. "I think that it is of interest to us to see if there is any adaptation there."

Israel's Ben-Gurion International Airport, known for its strict security measures, relies heavily on techniques that detect suspicious behaviour among travellers.

Chertoff said such methods, as well as Israeli technologies that detect explosives, are some of the things that may help protect U.S. airports and other public places against attacks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Suspicious behavior detectors? Just what qualifies as "suspicious behavior"? What would be one's response to being singled out for "suspicious behavior"? Would one be compensated if he or she missed his or her plane due to an unfounded "suspicious behavior detection"?

www.blacklistednews.com

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by scarlett1125

If it was up to Chertoff we would be Isreal period. Hes an Israeli citizen who works high up in our government so its natural he would want Israeli policies. Slowly but surely. This disturbs me.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
reply to post by scarlett1125

If it was up to Chertoff we would be Isreal period. Hes an Israeli citizen who works high up in our government so its natural he would want Israeli policies. Slowly but surely. This disturbs me.

I'm definitely with you on that count. Chertoff is waxing too Israeli! You know there ought to be some criteria before allowing a citizen of another country be in a position of such power... Oh wait! Maybe that WAS the Administration's criterion!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

I'm definitely with you on that count. Chertoff is waxing too Israeli! You know there ought to be some criteria before allowing a citizen of another country be in a position of such power... Oh wait! Maybe that WAS the Administration's criterion!

Yup I mean we have to fight Israels battles, Give them all their weapons, let all their spies in our government, and heck why not throw in take on all their policies too. We need to get all the zionist neocons out of office and quit policing the world. That goes for Israel and all the other countries. If they get attacked we can send them weapons. If it looks like they may lose while at war even with us loading them up with weapons then maybe just maybe we can help but this going to war with countries so Israel dont have to disgusts me.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
We need to get all the zionist neocons out of office and quit policing the world. That goes for Israel and all the other countries. If they get attacked we can send them weapons. If it looks like they may lose while at war even with us loading them up with weapons then maybe just maybe we can help but this going to war with countries so Israel dont have to disgusts me.

I am in total agreement on this. Since when, and by who's authority, granted the United States permission to police the world?
Oh sorry....The US government took it upon themselves to just go and invade.... ehh... help out where ever they want.

I think I remember Jesse Ventura say that we should bring home all our troops, close every border we have, and worry about only what is going on in this country. This, in my opinion, is the only way this country will survive.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by scarlett1125

Suspicious behavior detectors? Just what qualifies as "suspicious behavior"? What would be one's response to being singled out for "suspicious behavior"? Would one be compensated if he or she missed his or her plane due to an unfounded "suspicious behavior detection"?

www.blacklistednews.com

Sorry...I wanted to reply to this first, but got attracted to another post.

Yes....so, what if, you are at the airport and you are just having a bad day? They see the look on your face as either being mad, angry, or distressed. So now all of a sudden, you are exhibiting "suspicious behavior"? So what then? they detain you, you miss your flight, and all for what? Oh yeah, that's right ...you are a terrorist and hiding something....Oh my...give me a break!

If they are going to actually implement this, the better have a real good detector to read peoples mood because this really could get dangerous.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It ultimately depends upon what it entails, but on the surface, I think I'll have to pass on this one. No thanks. The Israelis have a lot of security procedures in place that quite frankly are not necessary in the United States at the present time and this seems to be one of them.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I think that we have to also be concerned with what else could be affected should we start drilling in ANWR. There is an ecosystem there. It's not just about whether or not it's a nice place.

Honestly, I'm not an ecologist, so I don't know about all of this. But I think that it should be considered before we go drilling anywhere.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by scarlett1125
Just what qualifies as "suspicious behavior"?

Anyone who looks/acts Middle Eastern.

I went to France last week and was pulled not once, but 3 times because of a "random" search, even though I was with a group of white classmates.

new topics

top topics

join