It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underwater Atlantean cities found off the coast of Cuba

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
White silicon roads, Pyramids, and cubic structures 2000 feet below water and that are composed of stone not native to that area of the ocean are 3 reasons we now know Atlantis really is where we always knew it was even before these things were discovered..

The "religion" of Atlantis
www.atlantis.to...

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Howdy Hollywood

White silicon roads, Pyramids, and cubic structures 2000 feet below water and that are composed of stone not native to that area of the ocean are 3 reasons we now know Atlantis really is where we always knew it was even before these things were discovered..

Hans: Hollywood those things you mention don't actually exist, people saying they exist doesn't make them real.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
There's images and pictures and the people analyzing the data and saying these things are high level proffessional scientists.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by Hollywood11]

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Hollywood11

Sorry no Hollywood, what you have are vague photos that can be interpreted in any number of ways.

What you have are belief, exceedingly poor evidence and a lack of backup. That my friend is the reality, they may find an Atlantis in the future they haven't yet.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Um no that's wrong, we have a variety of images, including submarine video and sonar images being analyzed by world class proffessionals, not just "some vague photos".

"A clear explanation does not exist of how these structures formed by natural means. Offered this point of view as a geologist, I admit the possibility that it could be a question of not natural, that is to say structures, created by man, or some intelligent entity." - Manuel Iturralde of the National Museum of Natural History, Havana, considered to be the foremost geologist of Cuba.

See, people knew this all along, lots of people have known Atlantis existed under the ocean for a long time, but skeptics desperately will deny even physical evidence and analysis conducted by real scientists if it is in line with predictions and theories made about the existence and location of Atlantis. They tried the same thing with the Bimini Road, even going so far as to tell lies and perpetuate hoaxes to deny that it was man made.

[edit on 28-9-2008 by Hollywood11]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Yep vagueness and one guy thinking they might not be natural. They might be. But what happened when they presented their evidence to get more funding....?

The reality is Hollywood that no compelling or substantiated evidence exists for the existence of Atlantis.

If you have a religious style belief in the existence of Atlantist then so be it, but that doesn't override the scientific reality of no evidence for Atlantis.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Arrgh! I wish i could find a way to lower global sea levels! What do we need, 100 metres?

Sorry, i lost my logical view for a moment. Still a believer tho!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by logicalview

It would make archaeological survey a bit easier! Underwater technology for archaeological research is increasing by leaps and bounds but it is still 25 - 50 times more expensive than land based archaeology.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
They got alot of funding, $2 million just for the preliminary submarine excavations-
www.iol.co.za...

Before beginning their project, the archaeologists had to raise $2-million. They set sail from the port of Progreso in eastern Mexico on the Yucatan peninsula. - Sapa-dpa

Now it is true that much more money should be going into this so that more artifacts from the bottom of the ocean can be recovered. But here's the bottom line, even if you think more study and more funding needs to go into it, the fact remains that the evidence so far collected indicates Atlantis was real and some remains are on the bottom of the ocean.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Hollywood11]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
'Atlantis' is an idea not a place,so is Bigfoot and Chupacabra ,no matter if a native north american primate is shot and stuffed and or put in a zoo people will go on with the bigfoot quest undeterred, it will not be the ape we're looking for, same with Atlantis no one will ever upon finding an ancient culture more advanced than ours, go 'well there you go we found Atlantis!' mystery solved! These are just a few of the tricks we humans like to play on ourselves

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I'm sorry, I need a lot more concrete evidence than what has been displayed here in this post. I'm not a skeptic, i'm a realist. I don't believe politicians just because they say things are true, and I don't believe authors just because they wrote books. Sorry, I really am.

The reality is probably closer to the fact that Atlantis rose through the vivid imagination of Plato. It was such a compelling story that even today we reach and grasp at straws to link ancient artifacts to an ancient and advanced civilization.

Maybe "Atlantis" was Santorini, or maybe the Atlanteans were the ancient Minoans who died out rather abruptly. But our definition of advanced is FAR different than Plato's definition of advanced, that's for sure.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Cyfre
The reality is probably closer to the fact that Atlantis rose through the vivid imagination of Plato. It was such a compelling story that even today we reach and grasp at straws to link ancient artifacts to an ancient and advanced civilization.

That is a common misconception IMO, Plato was not the only one, he wasn't even the first, he was, the most widely accepted however, and refered to it, as we know, as Atlantis. It was known by a number of other names, depending on the culture, the Olmecs called it Atlanticu or 'Oxlahun-ti-ku', phonetically these are very similar.

here is a few examples:

atlantis.haktanir.org...
www.atlantisquest.com...

Maybe "Atlantis" was Santorini, or maybe the Atlanteans were the ancient Minoans who died out rather abruptly. But our definition of advanced is FAR different than Plato's definition of advanced, that's for sure.

That has always been my 'down to earth' supposition, there are many similarities between Minoans and Atlanteans, from there society to there demise. As for the 'advanced civilisation' that is very true, but again, people who are more advanced than us, are more advanced than the ancient Greeks, now where as this may be less probable, it is still a possibility, IMO.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Cyfre
But our definition of advanced is FAR different than Plato's definition of advanced, that's for sure.

Very true.

But it's also true that Plato never claimed Atlantis was anything but a Bronze-Age type civilization. IOW, not "advanced," just powerful.

Harte

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Plato may not have fully understood how powerful and advanced Atlantis truly was when he recieved the teaching from Solon.

Someting that is very convincing is that Plato's date for the destruction of Atlantis is exactly when the largest meltwater pulse came which raised sea levels tremendously at the end of the last ice age.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by Hollywood11]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hollywood11
Plato may not have fully understood how powerful and advanced Atlantis truly was when he recieved the teaching from Solon.

Plato never met Solon.

Originally posted by Hollywood11Someting that is very convincing is that Plato's date for the destruction of Atlantis is exactly when the largest meltwater pulse came which raised sea levels tremendously at the end of the last ice age.

No, he was off by a thousand years or so.

The prevailing theory holds that the Younger Dryas was caused by a significant reduction or shutdown of the North Atlantic thermohaline circulation in response to a sudden influx of fresh water from Lake Agassiz and deglaciation in North America.[12]

The Younger Dryas saw a rapid return to glacial conditions in the higher latitudes of the Northern Hemisphere between 12,900–11,500 years before present (BP)[5] in sharp contrast to the warming of the preceding interstadial deglaciation. The transitions each occurred over a period of a decade or so.[6]

Source

You have a strange concept of the term "exactly."

Harte

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
from the OP-

Ice Age civilizations destroyed
www.youtube.com...

Earth changes, we know the exact dates
www.grahamhancock.com...
www.giss.nasa.gov...
www.agiweb.org...

The rate of sea level rise slowed between 14,000 and 12,000 years ago during the Younger Dryas cold period and was succeeded by another surge, "meltwater pulse 1B", 11,500-11,000 years ago, when sea level may have jumped by 28 m according to Fairbanks,

Now it seems to me that 11,500 years ago is around the time plato gave fro the destruction of atlantis, 9000 years before his time.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Hollywood11]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Internal Cross-

Rounded, megalithic granite-like rock

Detailed and intelligently shaped

Pyramid

Also, one method of very fast travel in those days was through underground inner earth tunnels.

The image below also shows the same area with a red line overlaid on top of the existing underwater line. The red line turns into white where the line is visibly implied to reveal a direct alignment with the area to the West of the Cuba Island where a sunken city has been found. Read more about the Cuban underwater city in Andrew Collins' special report

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Hi Hans!

Why bother?

In India, there is a saying

"Even if you whisper or yell knowledge into a buffalo's ears, the buffalo remains a buffalo"

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

As the Japanese say, it is irresponsible to not tell the stranded fish it is in fact dead.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I haven't time to read all the information here, but I will. Thanks for going to so much effort to post it. I have no doubt there are underwater cities here. I don't know if you have posted this already, but it clearly shows underwater cities in lakes in Peru.

If these are in Peru, it's fair to assume the same could be off Cuba.

[edit on 30/1/09 by NuclearPaul]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join