It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Substructure of the Universe...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Looks like there's a lot of work going on in this field. I first ran across the Zero Point Field theory in a book by Michael Talbot called 'The Holographic Universe' one night on staff duty.

It postulates that reality (the entire universe, even our own consciousness) is constructed upon Zero Point energy, which is energy at it's lowest possible state. Physicist think that one day they could identify the workings of inertia and gravity with this theory, and maybe even discover the Unified Theory of Everything!

Here's a link to some info on the topic:

Zero Point Energy

Searched this on the site and didn't find anything, so I thought this might be something someone might like to explore. Enjoy!

DC

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Glad someone liked it. Thanks. I'm gonna go get that new Vespa I always wanted.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
the holographic universe theory has captivated me for some time now. there is all sorts of evidence supporting this theory, and it would explain a great deal of the unexplained paranormal events that we experience here. heres another link on it:

www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
That absolutely boggles my poor feeble mind
such theories have never proved much to me unless I can understand them a bit more. Perhaps one day i'll pick up a book about holographs and read it cover to cover

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
If you seriously want to know more about this, you have to study quantum physics...

The simplest of all the subsets of physics, really, I think you'd pick it up right away!

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
If you seriously want to know more about this, you have to study quantum physics...

The simplest of all the subsets of physics, really, I think you'd pick it up right away!

Yes im quick to grasp concepts but I also have alot on my plate, I did take physics in highschool but alas that was a long time ago

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
here is a really cool series of little movies explaining einsteins theory of relativity, all the way to quantum physics and the string theory. very entertaining and extremely educational.
www.pbs.org...

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
(Where did that name come from? Was that the good alien's name in Dreamcatcher?)

Anyway, did you read that Talbot book? If so, do you remember him writing about a Holophonic recording technique that was not allowed to be made public because of the government applications it represented?

He said that, for example, when people heard the sound of a match lighting, it was so realistic that it would act on their memory so strongly that they reported actually smelling the match?

I did a search on holophonic recording methods and came up with a bunch of crap.

Anyone?
DeltaChaos

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
aha ...yes all extensions of something....nothing is seperate...even if billions of miles apart....it is the delusion of seperateness that make science look at things from a very narrow point of view ....this is the begining of where science and phenomena and eastern thought begin to meld.... the great rishis of eastern yoga have known about the atom long before we in the west discovered it.
a hologram exactly...we are beings of light....the body is in essence a electromagnetic wave.....energy....energy in its most subtle form is light.....
let there be light!
the mind can transcend space and time because it is made up of this energy and light.....
hence people who have real life outcomes from dreams that they have had.
what can modern science tell us of consciousness?
Diddly squat
so is consciousness real?
it cant be measured?
it cant be held ? you cant see it under a microscope.
you cant see it. therefore is it real ?
This world is not more than a dream that the infinite consciouness dreamed into being
phantasmagoria
light and shadows played out on the backdrop of space and time.
similiar to going to the movies
it is a very serious movie though.
because what you do with your part in this movie is what is going to lead you to that which is the sole reality
that which is beyond the beyond
enter that vibrationless realm never having to return to the mundane universe of suffering and misery,birth and death,pleasure and pain.
and now how shall we break through this hologram which we are living in ...................................

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
(Where did that name come from? Was that the good alien's name in Dreamcatcher?)

Anyway, did you read that Talbot book? If so, do you remember him writing about a Holophonic recording technique that was not allowed to be made public because of the government applications it represented?

He said that, for example, when people heard the sound of a match lighting, it was so realistic that it would act on their memory so strongly that they reported actually smelling the match?

I did a search on holophonic recording methods and came up with a bunch of crap.

Anyone?
DeltaChaos

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by DeltaChaos]

actually, my name is from the rollerblades i just got. i work at a skatepark where they just convinced me to start blading, and the skates i bought are the Charles Dunkle pro model.

i didn't read the book, just that page on crystalinks, but i think i will now, whats the title?

edited for spelling, i cant type

[Edited on 3-2-2004 by dunkleskates]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The first half of the book is anecdotal, the second scientific. Both halves are good, the first half is spooky stuff, and he ties all this paranormal activity to the Zero Point theory and holographic principle.

He also applies the holographic principle to a possibility of how our own memory works, and technology that's being developed for massive (thousands of terabytes) data storage systems for PCs.

I would reccomend the book to anyone.

DC

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
aha ...yes all extensions of something....nothing is seperate...even if billions of miles apart....it is the delusion of seperateness that make science look at things from a very narrow point of view ....

Right man, I forgot! How neutrinos can communicate with each other simultaneously regardless of time and distance, blowing Einstein's Theory of Relativity out of the water. That was a good one too.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Get a coupla beers in me and watch me go!

...I'm getting too old for this.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
thanks, i will check that out asap.

did you read that part on the crystalinks page where Alain Aspect dicovered that under certain circumstances, electrons can instantaneously communicate with each other, no matter how far apart they are?

was this mentioned in talvots book, or is this just evidence that he is correct?

edit: oops, i guess you did see that.

[Edited on 3-2-2004 by dunkleskates]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
How's that adrenochrome workin' out for ya?

YOU TOOK TOO MUCH, MAN, TOO MUCH!

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
A drug person can learn to handle such things as seeing their dead grandmother crawling up their leg with a knife in her teeth. But no one should be asked to deal with this trip

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
neutrinos just may be the back drop on which this entire phantasmagoric holograph which we know as the universe is made of.
my guess is that it is

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Even neutrinos have substructures. Now they've found particles larger than quarks, yet with less mass than a neutrino, which were once thought to be massless, or constantly at critical mass. Looking for that particle...stand by.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
superstrings, maybe. at this point, if superstrings are real, they think they're the smallest structure.

i quote phoebe from friends: "yeah, and you scientists thought the atom was the smallest thing to exist, too, until you cut one open and all this crap poured out"

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I think there was a good Omni, or Popular Science article about this...good link!

top topics

join