It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by jamie83
The only reason I trust McCain more than Obama on the economy is because McCain *might* err on the side of Reagan-like conservatism, whereas Obanma is going to err on the side of intellectual, Marxist-like theories he's learned from his intelligentsia buds.
If Obama's theories don't worked, the U.S. economy and military is TOTALLY FUBAR. If McCain gets in, at least the Dems in Congress might keep him from totally screwing up EVERYTHING.
I'd take Ron Paul in a heartbeat.
Originally posted by mybigunit
Hmm what is Obamas 3 policies on economy you dont like? What is his military policies you dont like?
NAFTA he has been sketchy on I totally agree. The fact is though NAFTA has ruined this country a lot more than we have gain IMO anyways. It has caused us to lose millions of jobs over seas and it isnt fair to us for this reason. We the USA are doing all the consuming. If NAFTA was fair to us then we wouldnt have as high of trade deficits as we have been having. Im for NAFTA but a fair NAFTA where our products are available to everyone. Right now we dont have that hence the big deficits.
Originally posted by jamie83
1. When Obama is speaking in Ohio, I really don't like his policy about doing away with NAFTA, but when he's speaking in California and Texas, I don't mind his take on NAFTA so much.
2. The Cap and Trade system is going to be a total disaster on every front, and is going to cripple U.S. industry's ability to compete globally with what amounts to a pollution tax that's NOT going to lessen pollution at all. It's only going to take more profits away from the private sector to be redistributed by the government.
You know something people have said that ethanol is causing the food prices to go up but I say its more because oil prices are going up and the prices of oil are going up because of our government spending all sorts of money that we dont have which I will address in another point....
3. He wants to continue to support the ethanol industry which is not only doing nothing to put a dent in the use of oil, it's also causing food prices to rise.
4. The expansion of the Family Medical Leave Act to businesses with only 25 employees. I run a small business that's barely getting by now. This would potentially put us out of business.
5. Increase in minimum wage. Again, we are barely getting by. This would cause us to not hire inner city kids in the summer and instead have the guys that are currently employed work overtime.
Now I will address this issue above. Government is going to spend money regardless until we have a real change in washington like the one RP wants to bring. Both Dems and Republicans spend money like there is no tomorrow the only difference is the Republicans put it all on the charge card (add to our national debt) where as dems think we need to pay as we go. Pay as you go keeps a strong dollar because your not adding all sorts of money to the debt and printing all sorts of money we dont have. As you see a strong dollar is needed to keep oil and food low and a strong dollar has not been a strong point for republicans because they print all sorts of money they dont have. If people have to pay as we go maybe people will wake up and get the government to change their ways instead of fooling people into thinking we have all sorts of money. Keep in mind even though the government didnt raise taxes you are still paying all the spending through the inflation tax and I promise you that is alot more than a small tax increase where you can find many right offs to lower it down.
6. Obama wants to reinstate the PAYGO rules which do nothing but give the Congress the OBLIGATION to raise taxes to pay for their cockamamie programs.
Agree but I also dont think we should have to pay for the governments either. They work for us and if we have to pay for our they need to pay for theirs.
7. His entire health care system is going to be a total disaster and lead to lower quality of care and higher prices.
Totally agree but once again Bush has been a posterchild for this.
8. Obama will increase foreign aid to $50 billion per year, paying for this by increasing the taxes on the wealthiest Americans. I'm sorry, but redistributing more money from U.S. citizens to third world governments doesn't seem like the right thing to do. If our own infrastructure was flawless, then maybe. We need to take care of our own problems first.
1. Obama's plan to immediate withdraw troops from Iraq will allow the U.S. to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Iraq will deteriorate and will quickly fall under control of the Shiites, backed by Iran.
I havent heard him say that.
2. Obama's pledge to stop the development of new military systems is just plain stupid.
Hvent heard him say that.
3. Obama's plan to totally eliminate the U.S. nuclear arsenal by negotiating a deal with Russia is naive.
Hmm we deal with a lot of dictators right now ever hear of China or Pakistan or Vietnam?
4. Iran. Obama promises to pay off Iran with economic investment if Iran stops their "problematic" behavior. This will give the green light to every two-bit dictator in the world to increase their "problematic" behavior in order to get financially rewarded by the U.S.