It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Age of Conan > WoW

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Finnaly a game for adults. Dont have to worry about noob kids playing anymore. This game blows wow out of the water completely.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
If you've read any of the Conan books, how similar is the game to those?

I've got a feeling the n00bs will be playing this game, too, though; I'm not sure what about it would be any different from WoW in that respect.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Yea... you wont be able to stop n00bs or kids playing the game. But with any luck it will be really good compared to WoW.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
To stop lil kids from playing they simply need to come out with a complex game that requires skill more so than grinding. Like SWG once was. Tell us why you like Age of conan and compare it to WoW.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
You don't have to play a cow...... do I need to say more....?

More realistic..... actual combat that you have use skill instead of programing a macro...... haven't had a que time(yet).... and did I mention you don't have to be a cow.....

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Everyone i knew who bought aoc has come back to wow, looks like the novelty is wearing off

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Wait for this game is all I gotta say. They will patch stuff in and make the quests arc all the way to level cap. Right now there are a bunch of grind zones in the game and that is really hurting this game which could be great.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Well I kinda gave up on wow all together and went to EQ2 and I have never once looked back. Its a great game nods*.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Wow is like an old pair of shoes, it may not look pretty but its so damn comfy. And I fully intent to wear said old shoes untill they fall apart.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I would be interested in giving this game a spin to see if I'm interested but I really dont want to drop 50 bucks just to find out it's not for me...

Do they offer any kind of a free trial?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
WoW became the "wal-mart" of the video game world

it has everything you want in a game, so much so in fact, that after you get a few toons to lvl 70 - you start thinking there needs to be more

ALL mmo's become what WoW has become.

Repetitive.

But Blizzard offers many updates, new quests, new classes, expansion after expansion, and awesome montly fee's w/ good bandwidth.

I've played UO, EQ, DAoC, FFXI, Asheron's Call, WoW, and now AoC.

Before UO got bought out - it was king.

Now, WOW > ALL

AoC, in my opinion, was a bad idea from the get-go.
I mean, honestly, how "indepth" can an MMO be when its based on novels that pertain to one person?

Now instead of being "Conan" you are a generic barbarian with no ambition in your digital life

ALLIANCE FTW

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
My partner and I were both excited about AoC and bought our copies the day they were released. Took ages for me to tweek my rig to play it though even though I am well over the recommended specs, but when it did finally work, it was lovely.

The starting area is great and was a pleasure to play through - though it isn't very conducive to having alts.

We were xcited because it did seem to be geared to a more a mature audience. We're adults and roleplayers, our "stories" have adult themes - this game just seemed to be more friendly to that.

In the end though, AoC wasn't for me. Once past the starting area the novelty wore off. WoW IS AN old comfortable pair of shoes and even though I don't wear them quite as much as I used to they do still feel nice when I do.

Now I'm excited about Fallen Earth, now that should be awesome!

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I just want a Mass Effect MMO or a Starcraft MMO. That would be awesome on so many levels.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I was tempted to check out AoC, but my buddy said not to, he said he hated it more than FFXI, didn't give any specifics other than saying it was clunky. I still love my City of Heroes.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I have been a WoW player since 2 months after release and am still enjoying it.
How many more Mideval/Fantasy games are companies going to waste time and money on before they finally understand that the genre have been done to death. There will not be another WoW style MMO that will ever beat WoW.

It's time for something new and I can't wait to see what it is, I just hope I live long enough

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I've played since release. They really rushed it out. It's by no means complete. They're still working on the PvP system and class balance issues. Their main focus right now is bug fixing and performance improvements. It does take a beefy system to run it well, but it's not a bad game at all. If you're just into questing and doing some of the PvP "minigames" then you'll like it. It seems all the kids from WoW came over to AoC though, because the chat channels are still filled with incoherent prepubescent babbling and trash talk.

There are PvE servers that only have PvP minigames available - possible siege warfare (can't say for sure)

There are PvP servers that are wide open "kill anything that moves" type deals. It gets annoying though when you're trying to quest and level up your characters and some jack ass is going around killing everyone in the noob areas.

Eventually they're going to add a bounty / penalty system for griefers that will include "jail time" and such. When they put that into place it should be a lot more fun. I don't mind a good fight, but when I'm getting jumped so often that I can't develop my character it becomes un-fun.

Since the game is meant to be PvP oriented it seems a waste to play in the safety of a PvE server.

top topics

join