It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens and their Space Suits?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
There are none. Why are they always depicted as naked and not wearing any kind of protective gear. They just fly around all day naked. Im surprised there are not more sightings at nudist colonies. At least they have something in common. I just don't get it at all. This makes me think that the so called Greys that we are seeing are just androids. And do they have personalities?? I have never heard of an alien that has a personality. This makes me feel sorry for them as they just live their lives working and flying their craft. They never laugh or have any form of entertainment. All of this makes me think that humans are superior beings. The reason they come down and visit us is to figure out how we have a good time and live life to its fullest. When all of you think about how smart they are just remember that laughter can cure anything.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Some witnesses/contactees believe that`s why some of the visitors
are here,to study our emotions,and how they determine our actions.
You could be right in that the entities that people are having contact
with are only the drones,maybe they see no need for clothing,and
only we humans feel ashamed by our nakedness and feel the need
to coverup?
Though saying that,their are plenty of witness accounts that talk of
the Grey`s wearing uniforms etc

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Even if I wasn't ashamed to wear clothes I would still want something to help me weather the elements on earth. It can get pretty cold and rainy sometimes.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by eric52081

eric, I'll to jump in here, from what I've read.

The small 'Greys' are indeed, manufactured. They are drones, cyborgs....'cybernetic organisms' ... robots, if you will. They have no sex organs, since they do not reproduce sexually.

There is a one-piece garment that is worn....from the neck down...it has something to do with how the ships are controlled.

Think of the suit as a conducter, to protect the wearer, during ship operations.

These small 'greys' are made in the image of the biological species. Again, they are organic machines....no emotions, no sense of 'self'....

Very sophisticated machines, to be sure....perhaps that's why they are very scary and disturbing to humans.....

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Interesting, I think everything that you said is the most logical of all the theories on this website. It would be sad to think that the only other intelligent life besides us that we have found is also the most boring species in the universe.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by eric52081

eric....LOL!!

I think what is most eerie is....more advanced 'intelligent' species have moved beyond emotions. The small cyborgs, are of course, machines....but the taller 'greys' who build them either have no emotions, as you or I experience them, or have gone into a deeper understanding of how they, and we, fit into the Universe.

I continue to use the kindergarten analogy. Humans, for all of our great beauty, are still a very young species. We have created incredible art, and also incredible hatred, on each other.

Similar to children, in a playground.

We haven't evolved very much, to my thinking. And, ponder this: The last sixty years of incredible advancing technology may, in fact, be due to back-engineering, of stuff we've found.

It's like, if you could go back to the Stone Age and give a man a revolver...and some rounds of ammo.....he would, if he figures it out, become a King!! Not sure if he could back-engineer the gun...but I hope this makes a point....silly point, I know, but trying!!

Anyway....point I'm trying to make is, we have no way to understand anyone else's technology, without context.

I'll try another example: Suppose you had a time machine, and took a TV and DVD player (and some DVDs) back in time. Let's say, 1925, because they had electricity then.

They knew what a film was, of course. Not sure if color photography had been invented yet.....but imagine trying to explain to a person from 1925 how a TV works!!! Or, even worse....the DVD!! It is read by a laser....lasers weren't invented until the 1960s.....see, it goes on and on.

We take these things for granted, mostly, because they (the tech) is what we learn about, as we grow up.

Was it Arthur C. Clarke who said, "Any sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from magic" ??? I think it was Sir Clarke....

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Theories that come to mind:

1. They are projections of our own (un)consciousness, perhaps at a very deep animal level. It could be symbolic. Remember, that during many abductions, experiencers report being naked too.

2. Clothing is a socio-evolutionary tool we evolved to adapt to different climates. Perhaps they don't need it or simply evolved in a different direction. Octopi and dolphins may be intelligent, but don't wear clothing.

3. The real intelligence behind the experience could be an AI or stored biological intelligence (think Ray Kurzweil) and manufactures bodies when needed. Clothing in this context may be totally extraneous. This could also account for the variations in morphology.

4. They are purely artificial probes. The Phoenix lander doesn't wear clothing.

5. They are an extremely complex military psy-ops campaign of some kind. Perhaps it simply did not occur to the planners to include clothing.

6. Related to idea #1, perhaps we are witnessing extrusions into our reality from another. As a working hypothesis, let's say that there are 11 dimensions with 7 being curled up inside atoms as predicted by some string theorists. If we found a universe in one of those dimensions and projected ourselves somehow into it, who knows how we would look? Perhaps we would be completely beyond comprehension to the beings within it and they would interpret our presence in their own basic native context.

/just theorisin'

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I think because aliens are paraphysical beings that can alter thier vibrational denisty to what suits them and to what may appear to us humans, they can be holographic to the human eye... they use humans as spacesuits... basically abduct a human being and live "inside" them and then shapeshift to alien form when need be.

We know that aliens have extraordinary capabilities that humans will never cease to understand or grasp the powers that they do...I see aliens as magical beings who can time travel, shapeshift, alter densities, vibrational energies and manipulate human emotions.

Just my theory.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Aliens and their Space Suits?

There are none. Why are they always depicted as naked and not wearing any kind of protective gear.

A large number of the more reliable witness reports actually describe a skin tight, membrane-like suit (very rarely helmets though).

Also, you're only referring to the Gray type. There are others (most notably the Nordic type), that do not fit this mold...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

There is a one-piece garment that is worn....from the neck down...it has something to do with how the ships are controlled.

I have read that too. I think most people who have encounters are in a state of shock and not really looking at their wardrobe also most of the pics of them if some are real most depict dead aliens on a slab.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Well Ive seen this thread for a few times now and thought what the hell is that about... so now I view it... clothes are just of our dimension and our expectations..I dont believe Greys do actually wear clothes but why would they need to they are alien. Clothes are a human trait from a human dimension..stop thinking of everything as we would expect...expect the un expected.

top topics

join