It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So hey there

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I'm not very good at introductions, but I'll give this a go.

Lets see...I'm a 22 year old graduate, recently got my MA in International Relations, so I suppose you could see me as a politics junkie, taken to extremes.

I'll be honest, I'm not a conspiracist per se....though I've read a fair few books on conspiracies. I actually specialized in terrorism and extremism, so I accept that illegal organized plotting for political goals exist...I'm just not so sure that this immediately follows into the major conspiracy theory territory...the NWO, Illuminati etc. I'm kind of like that guy who wrote Freakanomics, I find the minor conspiracies more interesting...things like Operation Gladio or the covert funding of the Mujahideen, or the Iran-Contra affair.

I'm also interested in the far right's impact on society at large. It may or may not be a popular viewpoint, but I've seen a lot of traffic between more 'mainstream' conservative movements and the extreme right, especially in the context of the War on Terror, that worries me. And given that many of these groups operate in secret and have links to dangerous people...I consider that valid grounds for further investigation.

So hi everyone.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, Rogue Element!

I hope that you enjoy your time here as a member of the ATS Community. Please don't forget there's a lighter side for general chit chat, hobbies, and or personal interests/discussion as well. Many of our members come here for that aspect alone.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

In my signature, you will notice a few links that may benefit your overall experience and understanding of this fine Community.

All the best and Welcome to ATS.

If ever a question or concern pleae don't hesitate to ask.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Thanks a lot. I've been lurking for a while, to get a feel for the place, but I'm sure your links will come in useful too. Thanks for the welcome.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
A Levitt and Dubner fan, just like me!

Welcome! Get stuck in!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
A Levitt and Dubner fan, just like me!

Welcome! Get stuck in!

Thanks!

Yeah, its been a while since I read that, but that, along with the book Black Swan, pretty much sums up my outlook on life. I find the quirky anomalies interesting, no matter where they are. And while I'm often skeptical of things people say are quirky anomalies and what are not, when I do find them, they grab my interest for a long time.

top topics

join